LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7171-0126-0181-9068

Media Player Download?

is it possible that there could be a wiiware download available that would act like a windows media player? allowing you to watch dvd's and listen to cd's on the wii. i would easily dish out some wii points for this feature. i don't know if the wii internal hardware is capable of something like this though.

Member #
    Friends
    0945-5092-8073-0906
    If it would make all movie formats playable by the browser I'd jump on that train in a heartbeat.
    Proud Wii owner since 12:01am on release.
    Games~ Wii Play, Wii Sports, MS Anthology, LoZ:TW, DBZGT2, Wario Ware, Sonic, SSX Blur, Excite Truck, Super Swing, Mario Strikers Charged (305049 512888)
    VC~ Donkey Kong, Mario, Mario Bros., Bomberman, Golden Axe
    Since i definately plan on buying Brawl (Hoo-Rah) you should add my friend code and then PM me.

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    I'm guessing that it is possible, that is if the DVD drive can be software controlled to read common discs (Wii and GC discs are read backwards, from the outside in, rim to hub, unlike a normal CD DVD which is inside out, or hub to rim), I believe the laser mechanisim (<spelling?) has to be software controlled at some point (at least firmware controlled, still upgradable), and since there usually is a system update before the install of a Wii Ware channel, that is always possible.

Being that it may be possible, I really don't think Nintendo is going to do that, now they could do like an internet radio thing or, like the 360's live, they could have music and video downloads, if Nintendo wanted to add a DVD/CD player to the Wii, they could of done it already, but I think I heard somewhere that they are planning that for a future Wii that they will charge more money for

No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...tml#post149729

The_Loose_Cannon
    thanks gamechaser

Ads