LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Super Metroid is the greatest game of all time.
    "Kids, let me tell you about another so-called "wicked" guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas, and he didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was... I forget. But the point is... well, I forget that too. Marge, you know who I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?"

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    For me it's between Super Metroid and the first Metroid Prime. Prime was just a great 3D experience of metroid.

Super Metroid is a great game, I haven't played through it in years now but I do remember it being incredible. Super Metroid at the time was such a leap from the original. The sound, environment, mapping, it was all just incredible.

If you have the means, I would suggest trying the original Metroid. If you prefer a mapping feature, look for a GBA and get Metroid Zero Mission. It is essentially the original metroid game + a bit of stuff that ties the original Prime game in. In Prime you're told that Samus was raised by the Chozo on Zebes. The original metroid doesn't have anything about the Chozo in it, but Zero Mission does. Ties it all together.

Super Metroid is a must play though.

Member #
    Friends
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    is there anywhere that explains the whole metroid lore?
    My Wifi games (ASK ME FOR MY CODES)

Rock Band 2,Call of Duty W@W,Mario Kart,Nights,Tetris Party,Dr.Mario,WWE Smackdown VS Raw 09,Battalion Wars 2,Mario Strikers,Smash Bros Brawl,Quantum of Solace,Medal of Honor Heroes,Excitebots,The Conduit,and Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Member #
    Friends
    Last edited by mym6; 05-14-2007 at 02:19 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Super Metroid is probably the game I've played through the most times. It's not a 20 hour game but it's not a 1 hour game, either.
    Zero Mission for GBA is pretty much a beefed up version of the original NES game. Extra areas and weapons. It's still worth playing the original NES game but Zero Mission is my favorite of the 2D games. I can't wait for Super Metroid on VC though.
    From what I remember, you can play the original NES Metroid as an unlockable in Zero Mission.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Actually I think on Gamespeedruns a guy gets 34 mins on Super Metriod. My best time was barely under an hour. It's 3-4 hours easily for the first time through. A great game with tremendous replay value. Dan Owsen does the voice of Samus in the intro. Don't ask why...

Member #
    Friends
    I love the old Metroid games that I've played. The first Metroid was a very early Nintendo game so don't expect many frills. But it is still a great game experience and one that I've replayed the most if only because the entire map of the game is still burnt into my brain from my younger years. I remember that being the first game that I mapped out on graph paper because there was no in-game map! The gameplay and control is just awesome.

The SNES Super Metroid though is really a trip. It's a definite download safe bet for anyone who loves Metroid. The graphics and animation are great on the SNES and the gameplay was still as tight as the first one just with bigger and better sprites. I can't imagine beating the game in 3-4 hours much less 34minutes. It's length of play I guess is all dependant on how well you explore and whether or not you wind up dying a lot. If that game came out on VC tomorrow I'd have it downloaded the moment it was available.

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Im guessing that both of these games will come out around the same time Corruption will. Makes sense, doesnt it? Because everyone will be on a metroid high so they will all want to play as much metroid as possible and that will boost sales. However, they will probably be released after corruption, because Im sure ninty would much rather us buy Corruption for $50 than Metroid for $5. Not that many people would do that, anyway, its just common sense.

Anyone agree?

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    I've learned one thing about VC- don't try to predict anything about it.
    You expect good games... you get 3 Turbografx-16 games you've never heard of. You finally give up hope, they release something good. You try to ignore it completely, you see a news item that your favorite game has been rated by the ESRB. It'd be common sense, yeah, but that's not how they've worked so far.
    Super Metroid and TMNT IV are the 2 games I wanna see most and part of the reason is I never actually OWNED either game. I just rented them both for looooooooooooooooooooooong periods of time. I could easily open an emulator but it's really not the same feeling. VC really does give me the next-best feeling and makes it a little better even cuz I don't have to get off my couch to turn the system on/off or switch games lol

Member #
    Friends
    By the way... I'd say if you're anxious to play them, just pick up Zero Mission for GBA used somewhere. I'm sure you can get it around $20 easily a lot of places. And I checked after I posted, once you beat the game once it unlocks the original NES game anyway.

Ads