+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd_yayo
    which is worse?

there arent any wi-fi games and the next 2 are in 2 weeks (pokemon )and a month away (mario strikers),and the 3rd (smash bros) is hopefully some time this year

or

that the virtual console has more s**ty turbographx and sega games than snes & n64 combined, and 60% of the time monday updates are releasing low quality games. outta 106 VC games, about 20 of em are worth the money
    First of all, tommorow will mark the seventh month the wii has been out (in the u.s. anyway) So before starting a thread like this, make sure you know your dates.

Second of all, brawl is not going to be the third online game. It looks like right now it is going to be madden 08. Which comes out August ( i beleive) 14th.

And third of all, 20/106 is a VERY good number. That means you are buying roughly 19% of the games that come out. If you bought 19% of the gamecube games that came out you would have over 130 total games. Something tells me that you don't have that many.

But i do understand your gripes with the console. There should be online games out all ready and much better games. I think by the end of the year, everyone will be happy.

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    7527 1826 6337 6464
    Quote Originally Posted by nic7
    First of all, tommorow will mark the seventh month the wii has been out (in the u.s. anyway) So before starting a thread like this, make sure you know your dates.

Second of all, brawl is not going to be the third online game. It looks like right now it is going to be madden 08. Which comes out August ( i beleive) 14th.

And third of all, 20/106 is a VERY good number. That means you are buying roughly 19% of the games that come out. If you bought 19% of the gamecube games that came out you would have over 130 total games. Something tells me that you don't have that many.

But i do understand your gripes with the console. There should be online games out all ready and much better games. I think by the end of the year, everyone will be happy.

1st of all im counting november as a month. november - may = 7 months, 2 weeks left in june almost 8

2nd of all madden looks like it will be wi-fi but we're not for sure

3rd of all being 19-20% of VC games are "Good" is not good since the purpose of VC is to bring back and ressurect hits, not games that didnt do so hot back then. and no i dont have 130 GC games, but i have 28.

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    1st of all im counting november as a month. november - may = 7 months, 2 weeks left in june almost 8

2nd of all madden looks like it will be wi-fi but we're not for sure

3rd of all being 19-20% of VC games are "Good" is not good since the purpose of VC is to bring back and ressurect hits, not games that didnt do so hot back then. and no i dont have 130 GC games, but i have 28.
    1. Let's walk through this. Nov 19-Dec. 19 = 1 Dec. 20- Jan. 19 = 2 Jan. 20-Feb. 19 = 3 Feb. 20-March 19 = 4 March 20-April 19 = 5 April 20-May 19 = 6 May 20-June 19 = 7. Hmmm...

2. Madden is 100% confirmed. Nintendo power showed screen shots of it themselves.

3. You make a fair point. But 20 is MORE than enough to keep most people satisfied. I'm happy with 12.

Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    4116-4612-5453-3059
    Fifa, Madden, Mario Strikers, Pokemon & some parts of that new Brain Training are all online...

Also Battalion Wars 2, Guitar Hero III, Forever Blue and Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games are too...granted not all of them will come this year.

[Zero Motivation, The Guy With Cloud Envy]

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...ames-look.html

6th post down for complete list..

Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    im mad be cause Zombies ate my neighbors isn't out yet and it's been rated already by the esrb
    games i have: zelda wii sports red steel

Member #
    Friends
    7527 1826 6337 6464
    Quote Originally Posted by nic7
    1. Let's walk through this. Nov 19-Dec. 19 = 1 Dec. 20- Jan. 19 = 2 Jan. 20-Feb. 19 = 3 Feb. 20-March 19 = 4 March 20-April 19 = 5 April 20-May 19 = 6 May 20-June 19 = 7. Hmmm...

2. Madden is 100% confirmed. Nintendo power showed screen shots of it themselves.

3. You make a fair point. But 20 is MORE than enough to keep most people satisfied. I'm happy with 12.
    didnt i just say i count november as a whole month itself, not 19 to dec 19.

nov -1, dec -2, jan -3, feb -4, mar -5, apr -6, may-7, june-8......

2. then why did u say it "seems" to be ...

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    didnt i just say i count november as a whole month itself, not 19 to dec 19.

nov -1, dec -2, jan -3, feb -4, mar -5, apr -6, may-7, june-8......

2. then why did u say it "seems" to be ...
    half of nov. and half of june equals just one month. no matter what u think....
    No reason arguing with completely illogical reasoning i guess.

I only said seems because of the off chance of a game between madden and strikers.
    Last edited by nic7; 06-18-2007 at 10:43 PM.

Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    It's too bad they just didn't make a slot for n64 cartridges, then I could just go to game stop and get them all for 2 bucks a piece...

Brawl: 0473-7540-2454

Member #
    Friends
    I think there are a couple of problems with the VC releases which Nintendo, in their own best interests (which isn't bad), is handling pretty well:

First off, there really aren't that many games with broad appeal. Sure, you've got your Super Mario Bros and Sonic hits but after that, it quickly rolls off into games that one or two people really liked but everyone else just didn't care about. There really was a whole lot of crap games for each of these systems (and the current ones - Zack & Coty: The Suite Life?). I don't think it's their goal to release all 5000 (if that's correct) games for the NES.

Second, they really can't release all of the great games up front. They need them spread out to keep you coming back to their Virtual Store. Right now everyone has interest in the store because they hope that something good will come out soon. If they were to toss out all the good stuff first and then follow up with semi-crap (the 1-2 people really liked them kind of games) and then crap games, people would be saying, "I don't even look any longer - just more crap." They kind of have to string us along. I think they also get the benefit of the the extra (you wouldn't otherwise buy it but you want to spend your Wii points on something) purchases.

As I wrote, there's nothing really wrong with this, it just how it is (marketing).

Hopefully next week will be better.

Ads