LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Load Runner, for God's sake

OK, somebody help. PLEASE. Last night, I came back from playing pool with a buzz (kids, dont drink) and thought "I KNOW, LETS TRY AN OLD 2 PLAYER GAME".

I downloaded Load Runner........now, I knew what I was getting into and saw this game on the PC in school back in the day. I thought, since I heard so much about this game for 50 years, it would have to be decent.

Can anyone give me any advice so I dont feel like Ive been raped by Hudson Soft? You cant jump in this P.O.S.? what is the ****ing point in playing any stage, when you easily stage select around? So basicly, you start at level 50, dig a hole, fall in it, and die. Player 2's turn.

This game just seems so random, like theres no beggining, no end, and maybe if you want, you can collect gold in between. Somebody had to play this as a child and have some enlightening words for me.

Until someone says otherwise: Im going to have to warn people, this game is for 4 year olds..............4 year olds that live in the year 1984. Not even a contemporary 4 year old.

Member #
    Friends
    Sorry to double post, but, I guess what im asking here is, did anyone used to love this game and can anyone defend it? Should I give this game a few more shots? I still dont see the point about the stage select from the menu, why the hell wouldnt you eventually start on the last stage and beat it in one stage?

Member #
    Friends
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    I remember playing LR for commodore 64 (I hope the Nintendo version is better) you could create your own levels for it which made it OK ................................... back in the eighties!!!

sorry it looks like a waste of money and memory. Don't drink and download!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmarx
    I remember playing LR for commodore 64 (I hope the Nintendo version is better) you could create your own levels for it which made it OK ................................... back in the eighties!!!

sorry it looks like a waste of money and memory. Don't drink and download!
    LOL.....this has been a public service announcement brought to you by Moms against Drunk VC downloading.

Another thing we were discussing, is if it didnt take 5 years to scroll through the list of games, I would have seen Castelvania and got that! Way better. Oh well, I have Castlevania IV.

Member #
    Friends
    As sean connery says "PUNCH the keys for god sake!"

Member #
    Friends
    Lode Runner:
    You didn't jump. You ran, dug holes, climed ladders, used ropes.
    It's a puzzle/action game from the 1980s.

The original Lode Runner (C64/Apple II) was really good and I liked it (it had the stick figures).

The new(er - they're still pretty old) versions (NES/TG16) have 'cute' figures. I don't like the new figures, myself, as I prefer the old stick-figures.

Anyway, I DL'd the TG16 version and am generally happy with it although I'd prefer the simpler graphics.

It's not something I play everyday, but OK for a quick game.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Bishop
    Lode Runner:
    You didn't jump. You ran, dug holes, climed ladders, used ropes.
    It's a puzzle/action game from the 1980s.

The original Lode Runner (C64/Apple II) was really good and I liked it (it had the stick figures).

The new(er - they're still pretty old) versions (NES/TG16) have 'cute' figures. I don't like the new figures, myself, as I prefer the old stick-figures.

Anyway, I DL'd the TG16 version and am generally happy with it although I'd prefer the simpler graphics.

It's not something I play everyday, but OK for a quick game.
    thanks guys........Thats what i used to remember.....stick figures..........
    I dont like the "cute" guys either. The making your own stage is useless, it stores one(Ive read reviews since I made the post which i should have done in the first place) and its only half the size of a normal stage.....how shitty.

Well, I hope someone learned from my bad experience.

Ads