LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5537-0855-7535-2075
    Not a straight forward answer to your second question I'm afraid.... some games do and some don't allow it, depending on the game (I think).

Your cheapest option would be to find 2 second hand GC controllers. Wired ones usually be found for about 3 each.

Member #
    Friends
    8951-7033-5839-8157
    so i bought a used GC controller and my GF bought a classic controller and it works great... we both can play Mario Kart 64 with different controllers... both controllers work great.... the GC controller actuallly feels a little more natureal for that game but the classic works just fine.... you just need to put the GC controller in slot 2

Member #
    Friends
    6306-7907-9161-5635
    GC is better because I'm not used to toggling with the VC controller. It's more fun with a controller you're used to.... I just realized I wasted money on a VC controller and skin.

Member #
    Friends
    0356-9174-3301-0807
    You have to decide if you'll play GameCube more than Virtual Console, I think. The Classic Controller really is better for the N64 and SNES games. Yet, the NES games you can play with the wii remote. If you already own a GameCube, then play your GameCube games there. Of course, you might want to play some newer games at some point (and not just VC and GameCube).

I'd say, get one of each. If you'll want Multiplayer in VC, then you'll have the GameCobe controller.
    mootmoot-

http://www.butteredtoast.org/

My Wii Stuff: 2x Wiimote, 2x Nunchuk, 1x Retro Controller, 1x GameCube controller, 1x Wii
    My Wii Games: Wii Sports, Wii Play, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Need For Speed Carbon.
    My GameCube Games: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Scooby Doo: Unmasked, Animal Crossing.

Member #
    Friends
    0999-0322-0469-1717
    I think the Classic controller is mainly for SuperNES games and a few nes games, but playing N64 games with it is just awful. AWFUL.
    Wii stuff: Modded Wii, 2 wiimotes and nunchucks, 2 gamecube controllers
    Wii games: Wii Sports, Strikers, Rampage, WarioWare, Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Mario Party 8

Member #
    Friends
    2516-2980-0622-0754
    Quote Originally Posted by captainff
    You need to get both, IMO, because you can't play GC games with the classic, and some VC content is virtually unplayable with a GC controller ( eg Super Mario World).
    Yeah, my former roommate was telling me how the button layout on the GC controller makes it really difficult to play Super Mario World. In order to hold Y to run and press B to jump, you'd have to hold down Y with your index finger and use your thumb to press B. Just get both.

Ads