Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8951-7033-5839-8157

GC controller or wii classic

Ok... i have never played the GC before and basically i just want controllers to play mario cart N64 and a couple other classic games..... which controller would be better to get pros? cons? And i would like to try some gamecube games sometimes too maybe? I think I would need two though as my girlfriend loves nintendo games.... does anyone know if you can play games with one GC controller and the clasic one.... that way i could buy a GC one and she could buy the classic... i just dont know..... also..... are any of the 3rd party controllers from GC good at all.... the other day I saw the regular nintendo GC controller that was used for 14.99 at gamestop..... I might get that.... well thanks.... Overall I would say it is impossible to keep me and my GF away from the wii and we only have wii play and wii sports... the wii is the best over... which all of u know

Member #
    Friends
    I would suggest that you buy the GC controller because you can play both VC and GC games with it. The classic controller on the other hand, can only play VC games.
    And since you mentioned that you wanted to play GC games sometime in the future, I would go for the GC controller.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Member #
    Friends
    5537-0855-7535-2075
    You need to get both, IMO, because you can't play GC games with the classic, and some VC content is virtually unplayable with a GC controller ( eg Super Mario World).

Member #
    Friends
    7030-8478-2048-2458
    i have both controllers but i dont have any games for the wii classic i have game cube games and i cant appear to get the classic controller to work on them so i bought a gc controller to save any bother
    Games owned: Warioware, Sports, Play, Ice age 2, Cooking mama, Monster 4x4, Eledees, Medal of Honour,

Member #
    Friends
    You should get the GC controller first, but as Captainff said, some VC games are pratically unplayable with it, so it might be worth getting a classic controller as well.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    I'm getting a class controller for my birthday along with 3 Wii points cards. My GC controllers are nearly shot.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    I have both. Some games work great with classic, others with the GC. I've had moments where I switched them out for a different experience. I recommend getting both.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Yea I would say get the gamecube controller, I think it's the easiest to play with, and the cheapest. (Most times.)
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

Member #
    Friends
    I have the Classic controller and a wireless gamecube controller. I like the classic better, but you need both to play both kinds of games really.

Member #
    Friends
    8951-7033-5839-8157

thanks

well thanks to everyone for the feedback... i will prolly get a GC controller for sure.....since i would like to play mario Kart N64 with some1 else though can any1 tell me if a wii classic and GC controller will work together on a classic game.... cuz then i can buy both cuz every other game i will play 1 player and i can just choose which works besst... if anyone could answer that question that would be gr8??? thanks!

Ads