LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

"don't need to download it to my virtual console, I have it on a disc"

Are there any Wii virtual console games you decided not to download to your virtual console because you already have them on a game compilation on the Gamecube or other console? Here is what I am experiencing:

I have unlocked a wide range of NES games on Animal crossing (all 19 plus the fake game "Super Tortimer" but not including the blank NES) , and all 19 of those real NES games, because I have them on Animal Crossing, I don't need to download their Virtual Console counterparts!

I have decided NOT to download TurboGrafx 16 title "Dragon Spirit" to my Wii Virtual Console. Why? Because I have it on "Namco Museum 50th Anniversary" for PlayStation 2 (it is also available on Gamecube! ) !
    Nobodii messes with Adam Wii!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    I still get them even though I have them on something else. You can't beat the convenience of just turning on your Wii and playing. Then you can switch off to another one in an instant.

Member #
    Friends
    You can't beat the convenience of saving a ton of Wii Points.

I have the Sonic and Zelda collections for Gamecube, and the Mega Drive Collection for PS2. The latter is probably the best retro collection ever.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Koops23
    You can't beat the convenience of just turning on your Wii and playing. Then you can switch off to another one in an instant.
    Yep!

Member #
    Friends
    I decided not to download any more VC games because I have them on this disc. http://tinyurl.com/2cdk4n

WiiChat Member thoughtcrimnal84's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    I decided not to download any more VC games because I have them on this disc. http://tinyurl.com/2cdk4n
    How exactly does that work??? Burn it to a DVD??? You probably need your wii modded to play that right??

Member #
    Friends
    I have the Megaman Collection and Sonic Collection, and I am satisfied with them. However, I loathe the controls and the way the video looks on the zelda games on the GC collector's disc. I would rather have them on VC. But why buy sonic or megaman when you can have them all one one disc? It's just easier that way.

The old and wise gamer indiemike's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8999-0217-8484-2180
    I personally agree with the convenience of it, but I also base it on the games themselves. Personally, I'm working on "outing" my 64 and getting the few games I play on it on the virtual console. So far I have Zelda: Ocarina and Mario Kart 64, which means I'm well on my way.
    Yet I have a modded ps1 with a disc containing hundreds of nes games, which I play with a madcatz retrocon controller (it emulates the classic nes controller feel well). Because of that, I have no real reason to buy any nes games on the virtual console.
    But since I can't do the same thing with snes games, I'm waiting for a few of those gems to come around on the virtual console, like nba jam and mega man soccer.

Don't Mind Me. I'm Stupid XwiimasturX's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    i have namcomuseum for the gc. so i didnt need to buy a couple

Member #
    Friends
    6776-8438-2366-0626
    I might buy some Mega Man games on VC even though I own ALL the original carts AND the Gamecube collection. The Gamecube collection just had such infuriating controls, I never really could get used to 'em (even though I did beat a few games, like Mega Man 2-6 on there).

Ads