LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

I just sent this email to Nintendo

Tell me what you guys think (not necessarily of the email, but what it is about rather):

This is a suggestion email:

Nintendo has always had a tradition of taking concepts from the past and using them in modern games that have been second to none; shown by the Mario series and Super Smash Bros. I think that it would be great if Nintendo did this with another game...Goldeneye 007. I realize there are a lot of rights and red tape to get through to even put the game on Virtual Console, but I would love to see it available for purchase someday soon.

However, why just settle for the 4-player game? I think that it would be incredibly popular if Nintendo and Rare/Activision would not only put Goldeneye on Virtual Console but ALSO add a system-link mode so that multiple Wii's can play over a network or LAN (or wireless). The original N64 game sold over 8 Million copies, making it the 3rd most popular game (by sales) for the system--why not give it another chance to show it's value? Nintendo could take this N64 classic and make it a modern marvel if it wanted to. Goldeneye 007 is THE first-person shooter and will always be held in the highest regard by gamers everywhere.

Thanks for your time.

No response requested.

Discuss.
    Xbox live tag: Terrador

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    7340-2535-0641-6266
    God
    Nintendo are trying
    Stop bugging them please
    Its not going to help

Unofficial WiiChat Helper Link_of_Hyrule's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    Although there are a lot of rights issues with goldeneye i realy think that it will apear on virtual console as for multiplayer over network i think it has already been stated that system link is not capable with the wii but i think it would be with a simple firmware update there were a few titles for gamecube that used such a feature kirby air racers or what ever that was used it so im sure eventualy a wii title will have some sort of system link feature as for vc titles i dont think nintendo will use there resources to make it unless you are charges extra but we shall se i would love to know what nintendo replys to you with :P

Member #
    Friends
    You can beg Nintendo all you like, it's not their choice. I'd suggest addressing your letter to MGM and Activision.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    Of course Nintendo doesn't have the final say, but they can suggest it to those companies.
    Xbox live tag: Terrador

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyro
    Of course Nintendo doesn't have the final say, but they can suggest it to those companies.
    They're already trying to secure a release, as Cammy said.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Unofficial WiiChat Helper Link_of_Hyrule's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    Hmm good point you could also try one of those online petition sites like this one send carbon copies to mgm, activision, rare, and nintendo.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/

...yea... My god the Wii owns...'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I'm afraid their response will probably be:
    "Thanks for your interest in Nintendo! Our support assistants will be sure to attend to your request!
    Thanks,
    Nintendo".

The_Loose_Cannon
    why are all of you harping for 007 for 64?

ive seen so many threads asking "omgz do youz knowz whenz the new 007 game comez outTtt?!?!" and i get incredibly pissed because youre like the 234873924 person to join the site just to ask that.......obviously nintendo is planning on having the wii for a long time. youd think that with updates once a week with 3 games at a time, that EVENTUALLY theyll get that game up and running?

trust me theres plenty of games im waiting for to come out on VC if i dont want to do them on emulators. but ya know what i do? i sit and i wait because im not nintendo.

Ads