LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    As I've said before, I don't have a Wii yet, but due to the fact that my first console was a Gamecube, I missed out on a lot of good games except for Ocarina of Time (Master Quest Disc), so VC is a great thing to be able to have.

I'm so glad that I have a 2GB SD card, even if a good half of it is full of music, which should actually be nice in the Wii anyway. You don't have to format the card to use it for the Wii, right, considering they toted music and pics through the SD card?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotnik
    I love VC, and probably play the games from that more than I play the games from the actual Wii system.
    same here, at least with the current and near-upcoming titles. There are only about 3-4 that I would want to get.

oh and WiiBad, I'm actually glad there's no hard drive; less mechanical crap to break. I'll stick with my solid state flash thank you very much, especially with the prices at which SD cards are going for now. Not to mention the fact that most pre GC games don't take up that much space, especially on a 1GB+ SD card.

Now if there was downloadable content like on the 360, then I would say otherwise, since those videos on marketplace take up a hellovalotta space, at least 20 times the amount of an N64 game, if not more. 4 of em would fill the wii's built in memory.
    Last edited by gregjp48; 08-18-2007 at 12:41 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    5431-1607-7668-3461
    I don't have a Nintendo Wii yet either, but the virtual console does seem to be a plus in my mind for my decision on which next generation console to get. Things are definitely leaning towards the Wii, primarily because it looks great, it's compact and reliable. Back to the topic, the games don't cost all that much and bring back memories of playing these games on earlier Nintendo consoles so if I can find a way to get connected to the virtual console I'll definitely be purchasing some games.
    "My Pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my Charizard."

XBOX 360, PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii owner.

Member #
    Friends
    I like the VC, and it was probably what convinced me to buy a Wii. It gives me a chance to check out all those games I missed when they originally came out, plus there's some undiscovered gems to find too. The only problems I have are the prices being a bit too high, and the lack of memory (my console is about half-full already).

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    5431-1607-7668-3461
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain
    I like the VC, and it was probably what convinced me to buy a Wii. It gives me a chance to check out all those games I missed when they originally came out, plus there's some undiscovered gems to find too. The only problems I have are the prices being a bit too high, and the lack of memory (my console is about half-full already).
    How much do the games cost?
    "My Pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my Charizard."

Member #
    Friends
    2524-4702-5527-5865
    500 points for an NES game
    600 points for TG16
    7-800 points for Genesis and SNES
    1000 for N64

100 points is equal to a dollar.
    Spoiler Alert!

MSC friend- 468259 850529

Rep me if I help you, please.

Member #
    Friends
    5431-1607-7668-3461
    Quote Originally Posted by masonb15
    500 points for an NES game
    600 points for TG16
    7-800 points for Genesis and SNES
    1000 for N64

100 points is equal to a dollar.
    $10 maximum for a game isn't that bad.

Member #
    Friends
    2524-4702-5527-5865
    Well most games can be found for less than that. Let's take the Sonic games on the virtual console. Whoever bought them has spent $8-16 dollars on them. For that much you can buy Sonic Mega Collection with all of the Genesis sonic games and extras for about $20. On animal Crossing, you can play alot of the NES games that are available on the virtual console and you can get it for about $20 also. Most of the Zelda games can also be played from the Collector's disk and can be found for pretty cheap if you know where to look. Some games on the other hand are cheaper on the VC than they are to buy the cartridges. Speaking of expensive cartridges, I hope Crono Trigger and Mario RPG come to the VC soon because that would be frikkin sweet.
    Spoiler Alert!

MSC friend- 468259 850529

Rep me if I help you, please.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo93
    $10 maximum for a game isn't that bad.
    Like Masonb15 explained, there are plenty of compilations (Sega Mega Drive Collection, Sonic Mega Collection, Capcom Classics, etc.) where the games work out a lot cheaper than on the VC. Implying they could sell them for cheaper, but they won't.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Two things. Nintendo said they may price drop VC games later. For those who already bought VC games, we may get extra pts added to our accounts.

Next: Nintendo has been working on getting Neo Geo games, along with other features, such as online multiplayer later. They said more content and features to come in 2008. Only time will tell what we get, and what we don't.

Member #
    Friends
    Games are pretty good.Lack of memory is the big issue so far.

Ads