Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Games I bought

The games were--
    World Sports Competition
    Moto Roader
    Sonic the Hedgehog 3

I bought the first two because I already had one classic controller and 4 gamecube controllers and wanted to be able to play 5 player games. (I didn't buy Bomberman since I already have Jetters.)

Perhaps they will grow on me. Sonic is probably a good game--haven't played it much yet (has anyone noticed that Donkey Kong Jungle Beat is a very similar game to Sonic?)

Note all three get good reviews. In fact, the two 5-player games were the best reviewed of all the 5-player games except Bomberman.

I had bought Super Mario Bros. previously and absolutely love it....

Member #
    Friends
    Has anyone looked at some of the reviews out there for VC games like at Gamespot.com? They gave Metroid a 5 out of 10. Several other VC games they have reviewed they gave them really low scores in comparison to what I would have given them.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Gamespot gave Zelda TP a 8.9 out of 10. Their reason? It's more of the old game mechanics modernized. They will give any game a low score that's old school with modern graphics. They are also huge FPS fans. They gave games like Halo 2, and Bioschock insanely high scores when lined up against games like Final Fantasy. They also don't have the guts to rate games a 1 out of 10, no matter how bad they can be. Gundamn for the PS3, or Super Man Returns should have recieved -1 out of 10.

It's a simple formula. Rate hype games high, good games between 7-9, and bad games 4-6. Almost never venture near perfect scores of 10, and lower scores of 1. this allows them to take the safe middle ground and offend fewer people. Corporate BS at it's best.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    It's a simple formula. Rate hype games high, good games between 7-9, and bad games 4-6. Almost never venture near perfect scores of 10, and lower scores of 1. this allows them to take the safe middle ground and offend fewer people. Corporate BS at it's best.
    Very true. The 1 - 10 system is borked anyways, since by that scale 5 should be an average game in a completely playable condition, but they usually rate that type of game as a 6.5 - 7. :/ I try not to pay attention to the numbers, but whenever you see a game site/magazine that uses a 1-10 scale (or worse yet, a 1-100 scale!) you know they're kissing some body's ass.

Oh, and about those games. Which site gave them good reviews? Sonic is a winner, no doubt about it, but all the reviews I've seen for the other two are mediocre at best.
    Last edited by Tairusu; 09-21-2007 at 02:02 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    5574-4537-7049-7984
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    Gamespot gave Zelda TP a 8.9 out of 10. Their reason? It's more of the old game mechanics modernized. They will give any game a low score that's old school with modern graphics. They are also huge FPS fans. They gave games like Halo 2, and Bioschock insanely high scores when lined up against games like Final Fantasy. They also don't have the guts to rate games a 1 out of 10, no matter how bad they can be. Gundamn for the PS3, or Super Man Returns should have recieved -1 out of 10.

True. Gamespot will probably be one of the websites that gives Halo a perfect 10 where 9 out of the 10 points will be awarded for fanboyism. BTW, perfect 10 ratings shouldn't exist anyway. Every game has its flaws and moreso, reviews are highly subjective. Unless Halo 3 is radically changed, it will be the "same old school game with modern graphics", well, not that old school.

Where is your god now? zapasant's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    nope, you bought it, you keep it
    PSN ID: zapasant93

Member #
    Friends
    4576-0975-1455-2837
    Are there any sites dedicated to consumer game reviews?

Member #
    Friends
    stuffisgd,

check gamefaqs.com. It's not just for walkthroughs, it allows users to give in-depth reviews of the games they play.

In a state of confusion fo2matt's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1844-5012-3348-7812
    I wish I could return the Wii Browser personally... It was fun until I figured out it's Flash 7, but besides just that I never really use it. Oh well, it's only 500 points.

Wii fan Boy till the end Bigjake52's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3449-8056-9185-4637
    well sell your wii and get a new one if you are that desprat. but i wach vids of the game being played
    We Would like to Update

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads