LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Finally NEO GEO

  1. #1
    Online Gamer matthewj's Avatar
    Member #
    35857
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    218
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0422-8426-6448-0738

    Finally NEO GEO

    finally they brought out the neo geo i hope they get done with the TG16 so there will be more neo geo and n64 games!!!

  2. #2
    Online Gamer matthewj's Avatar
    Member #
    35857
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    218
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0422-8426-6448-0738
    how many people have downloaded a neo geo game??? And tell me how many you have downloaded!!!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Napalmbrain's Avatar
    Member #
    43
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    4,286
    Friends
    15
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Please don't double post. I don't mind, but some people here hate it.

    I'm gonna hold off the Neo Geo games for a while, since I don't know which games on the console were actually good. Also, there's a few anthology collections out for some series (e.g. Metal Slug) which would obviously be better value.

    And it doesn't matter how many TG-16 games there are left, as they're Hudson's responsibility (anyway, they're moving onto TG-CD games now) whereas Neo Geo games are down to SNK/D4/whoever.



    I never add friend codes.

    Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.


  4. #4
    WiiChat Member Adam Wii's Avatar
    Member #
    21669
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    48
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I think it is great that the NEO GEO is now available for the Wii virtual console , but don't diss TurboGrafx 16!

    NEO GEO games of which I think should appear on the Virtual Console include:

    Blue's Journey
    Neo Bomberman
    Viewpoint
    League Bowling
    Neo Geo Cup 98' : The Road To Final Victory
    Riding Hero
    Puzzle Bobble
    Nobodii messes with Adam Wii!

  5. #5
    Billy Talent is awesomest zurukea's Avatar
    Member #
    28062
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    321
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I havn't downloaded any, what is NeoGeo lolz, I feel sad, i should know, shouldn't I
    Add me on Animal Crossing City Folk! = D

    Name: Brandon
    Town: Smiley
    AC:CF Friend Code: 0001-8968-6109

    I'm slowly but surely working on building the Perfect town, I would appreciate it if you could give me any spare flowers you have, Just leave them anywhere = D

  6. #6
    Senior Member Napalmbrain's Avatar
    Member #
    43
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    4,286
    Friends
    15
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by zurukea
    I havn't downloaded any, what is NeoGeo lolz, I feel sad, i should know, shouldn't I
    It was a very expensive console released back in the 90s by SNK. It was mainly for arcade games, especially fighters.



    I never add friend codes.

    Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.


  7. #7
    WiiChat Member Zackh321's Avatar
    Member #
    33844
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    138
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain
    It was a very expensive console released back in the 90s by SNK. It was mainly for arcade games, especially fighters.
    The boards used in the arcade games were the same as what was in the console so you knew when you bought the cart it would be the same thing as the arcade version. The games were expensive, though. $100 for each cart. The system was $600 when it came out.

    Anyway, the only experience I have with Neo Geo is playing the games in the arcade and the versions of the games that got released on the SNES, PSX, and Xbox. SNK is known for their fighting games. They've made several different ones and my favorite one was always Samurai Showdown II. Loved playing that at the arcade.

    Also, the cartridges for this system are sought after collectors items. There are carts that sell on ebay for over $1000.

  8. #8
    Online Gamer matthewj's Avatar
    Member #
    35857
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    218
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0422-8426-6448-0738
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain
    Please don't double post. I don't mind, but some people here hate it.

    I'm gonna hold off the Neo Geo games for a while, since I don't know which games on the console were actually good. Also, there's a few anthology collections out for some series (e.g. Metal Slug) which would obviously be better value.

    And it doesn't matter how many TG-16 games there are left, as they're Hudson's responsibility (anyway, they're moving onto TG-CD games now) whereas Neo Geo games are down to SNK/D4/whoever.
    Oh i didn't know that nintendo didn't put the tg16 games on the virtual console!!! Well thats kinda cool to know!!! Why dont nintendo put out more games per week like 5 instead of 3!!!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Napalmbrain's Avatar
    Member #
    43
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    4,286
    Friends
    15
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewj
    Oh i didn't know that nintendo didn't put the tg16 games on the virtual console!!! Well thats kinda cool to know!!! Why dont nintendo put out more games per week like 5 instead of 3!!!
    I don't know, but I wish they would.



    I never add friend codes.

    Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.


  10. #10
    Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    228
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Super Mancyland
    Posts
    18,994
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Where do I plug MAH neogeo cart ?



    Games that need to be on it -
    Wind jammers - Best frisbe game ever (think Mario football with only two players on the feld)
    Garou mark of wolfs - A bit broken but a damn fine figher
    Neo turf massters - Golf but good golf
    Real bout speacil - Damn fine
    Fighters history - lulz (but its good)


    You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

    Spoiler Alert!

    @D_Bloke - My inane prattle


Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts