LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    People would buy Night Trap for the cheese factor, especially if they gave us the original "uncensored" version.

SNES Doom is another that would sell for the novelty. For that matter, they could do PC Doom(XBLA has it and the Ultimate Doom IWad is only about 12Mb in size).

Again, I cite JJ and Jeff as an example that pretty much anything has a chance.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by domientius
    People would buy Night Trap for the cheese factor, especially if they gave us the original "uncensored" version.

SNES Doom is another that would sell for the novelty. For that matter, they could do PC Doom(XBLA has it and the Ultimate Doom IWad is only about 12Mb in size).

Again, I cite JJ and Jeff as an example that pretty much anything has a chance.
    Not everything has a chance. There are some sticky issues for games. Such as WWF Rage in the Cage...pretty sure that will never be playable again due to the other WWF, royalties, etc..... Same with movie based games.

Member #
    Friends
    0422-8426-6448-0738
    well i just hope they get a hard drive or something so the virtual console could have more possiblities than what it has now!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewj
    well i just hope they get a hard drive or something so the virtual console could have more possiblities than what it has now!
    No such luck.
    http://kotaku.com/gaming/nintendo/ni...hdd-316042.php

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    Rights issues aside, of course...

The people who currently own the Valiant Comics and Acclaim game back catalog are looking to get Shadow Man on the VC, though rights with that stuff are muddy.

Nintendo wants to license GoldenEye for VC but it's a cost issue as well as various licensors. If it does come out, expect it to cost more to download.

I'd forget Conker. That was ported to Xbox(albeit a watered down mediocre port). Games from companies that are out of business might also be difficult.

If they're going to translate some Japanese games, the Famicom Disk System is a source I'd like to see tapped. The FDS has unreliable hardware, the belts are hard to replace and disks can become useless. But they'd have to figure out how to handle the "change side" routine of the game ROMs.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain
    I hate to say it but Nintendo is again... behind their competition. New controller style, yes, but they were a generation behind disc format adoption, online multiplayer, and now that consoles are getting 20 gig or better built-in HDDs, they best they offer is 512Mb of internal flash memory, which seemed decided on with game saves in mind but not the VC.

Member #
    Friends
    I would'nt mind gameboy games on the vc at all, master system would be cool, afterburner I think was on the master system plus they had the good version of double drago(the version like whats on xbox live arcade). As for games I want blaster master.
    my wii number is
    8314 4155 7406 0563

Member #
    Friends
    2882-9149-7173-3516
    road rash on sega was fun, i'd really like that.

Member #
    Friends
    GB-GBA
    Also Virtual Boy. The only good game is Virtual Boy Wario Land. It's actually fun.

Member #
    Friends
    I haven`t played it in about 5 years so I want Jet Force Gemini. Also, it could be cool if they`d sell GC games cheap on VC. Maybe even rework controls.

Ads