Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: roms

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8587-8243-0023-2412
    well sort of, my point is that getting a disk of roms is basically like buying used games because it wouldnt benefit nintendo since the console is discontinued

Member #
    Friends
    5997-7017-4007-2507
    Well still, my point is if you try to hack the Wii and upload roms there, then that's practically stealing, because Nintendo makes money off VC titles too. That's how they planned on making money off discontinued consoles.

~Thanks to Gikoku for the sweet sig!~
    "Heroes are remembered, but Legends never die."
    "You may have power and courage, but you lack wisdom."
    ~Join the Zelda Fan Club~

Member #
    Friends
    8587-8243-0023-2412
    well i wasnt going to hack the wii but i was just wondering if u put a game from my disc onto an sd card if u could use that game on the wii, i probly wouldnt of done it anyway lol

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by LinksDarkSide
    Well still, my point is if you try to hack the Wii and upload roms there, then that's practically stealing, because Nintendo makes money off VC titles too. That's how they planned on making money off discontinued consoles.
    Im really not trying to just argue with you, and I realize you are trying to stay on the up and up, but there is no way in hell I would mod a wii anyways. Im talking about a real life scenario, in which I played a rom (I knew wrecking crew sucked already, but a friend asked me what it was like, so I said haha, ill show you what a POS it is).

To throw another monkey wrench in the argument, Ive had these roms since 3 computers ago when wii didnt exist. Hell, Gamecube didnt exist. I just checked and my ROM files date back to 1996. I know it is still "illegal", but at that point I dont feel "immoral"......the files themselves are older than a decade.

Damn, I should have shortened this whole thing up just to care what sixstringedstress thinks, even though he/she has nothing to do with the conversation.
    DigitalDJ still uses Wiichat. IF YOU SEE HIM LET HIM KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalldj
    we will obliterate your country, you have nothing, we are everything america is the cancer, islam is the answe
    fire shall rain down upon you and cleanse your dark soul, I hope we shall never meet because pain will come in hastly fasion, do not attempt to engage worms shall devour your soul while the pure above laugh and curse your name until the day your family bloodline no longer walks the earth

Member #
    Friends
    There's a music store nearby where I work that carries used games going all the way back to the Atari 2600 and basically every console since then. Obviously places like that are not very common though.

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    There's a music store nearby where I work that carries used games going all the way back to the Atari 2600 and basically every console since then. Obviously places like that are not very common though.
    Junk shops are a hive of old (rap and the odd console (I found my Jamma arcade cab in one)

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Ads