LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8193-4915-4160-2184

Goldeneye Not Coming To Virtual Console After All?

Found this article at the Nintendolife website and dunno if its posted already or not but here goes why were not gonna get it after all.

N64 fans, look away now...

"Since the Virtual Console appeared there's been one game that Nintendo fans have called for at the very top of their voices. Rare's Goldeneye is rightly seen as a classic N64 title and, for a while at least, it seemed like the chances of it appearing on the download service were actually quite good.

Until now, that is. A leading Xbox fansite has recently posted a story that could potentially mean Goldeneye never sees the light of day on the VC. The site insists that Rare has signed a deal with current Bond licence holder Activision and that the classic N64 FPS will be released for Microsoft's Xbox Live Arcade service with updated visuals. The site also adds that other classic Rare games may appear on XBLA too.

Obviously this is all unconfirmed at present, but still...pass some tissues, will you? I appear to have something in my eye..."

Link: http://www.nintendolife.com/articles...sole_after_all

Wii Friend Code: 8193-4915-4160-218
    PS3 PSN ID: Hayato510
    XB360 Gamertag: Hayato510

Member #
    Friends
    What ticks me off is that the xbox fans are lucky enough to have modded games.......it says updated visuals or whatever.....who knows what they can do.
    DigitalDJ still uses Wiichat. IF YOU SEE HIM LET HIM KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalldj
    we will obliterate your country, you have nothing, we are everything america is the cancer, islam is the answe
    fire shall rain down upon you and cleanse your dark soul, I hope we shall never meet because pain will come in hastly fasion, do not attempt to engage worms shall devour your soul while the pure above laugh and curse your name until the day your family bloodline no longer walks the earth

Member #
    Friends
    If Goldeneye makes it to XBLA, half the people here will finally be happy that they can play it again and shut up about that stupid game, while the other half are going to be enraged that the 360 got it and they didn't. If you're the latter, might I suggest you consider buying a 360, amongst a number of better reasons to get one? Don't worry, they don't bite.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    I still own the original game but a release up on the 360 would certainly make me want to re-buy it.

I was never planning on buying it on the VC though.

Member #
    Friends
    Interesting. Though personally, I wouldn't want upgraded graphics, it almost seems like it wouldn't be the 'real thing'.

Napalmbrain-- your really cynical
    Wii Owner as of 12/16/07!

Spoiler Alert!

MoH H2 tag: The LS
    LoZ PH FC: 0130 0362 6335
    MKDS FC: 4896 9289 5833
    Please PM if you add me.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by The L.S
    Interesting. Though personally, I wouldn't want upgraded graphics, it almost seems like it wouldn't be the 'real thing'.

Napalmbrain-- your really cynical
    you are right, i wouldnt want new graphics, but I assume they can change other things too like....mmmm...say...online play??? 'twould be nice
    DigitalDJ still uses Wiichat. IF YOU SEE HIM LET HIM KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalldj
    we will obliterate your country, you have nothing, we are everything america is the cancer, islam is the answe
    fire shall rain down upon you and cleanse your dark soul, I hope we shall never meet because pain will come in hastly fasion, do not attempt to engage worms shall devour your soul while the pure above laugh and curse your name until the day your family bloodline no longer walks the earth

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    I already said it. One day VC will see 007 because Rare said it was ok on their forums, from freaking Rare themselves! But the XBL version will have enhanced graphics and online mode. The VC version won't. At the rate VC releases N64 games we're in for a wait. 2009 anyone?

The real issue is it's being blocked by both EA and Activision! Both companies never made the game, but juggled the license around and want a piece of that pie. Castlevania Symphony of the Night is one of the highest selling downloadable games on XBL. 007 would have similar results.
    Last edited by sagema; 01-10-2008 at 03:57 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    There was an exact topic on this in some above forum :S
    With much love, 261311.

Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    Maybe it's implying yoshi is an animal, and not just a mutated green prostitute mario likes to ride
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club=-

Member #
    Friends
    I was hoping to get donkey kong 64 as well.. that was rareware right?

Member #
    Friends
    4822-3498-3354-7328
    I have a Wii and a 360 so I no matter what, if it is downloadable I will get it. Mechcon, Donkey Kong 64 may have been produced by Rare but Nintendo still holds the licence to the character and the game. Remember we already have Donkey Kong Country 1, 2 and 2 on the VC and Diddy Kong racing is on the DS. I think we will see Donkey Kong 64 at some point but the better Rare games such as Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Conker's Bad Fur Day and Blastcorps (I didn't like Banjo) will probably never appear. Conker and Perfect Dark are already on the Xbox in one shape or another.
    My Wii Friend Code:
    4822-3498-3354-7328

"At the end of this day, one shall stand one shall fall" - Optimus Prime (Peter Cullen), Transformers

Ads