LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by nic7
    Not necessarily. If he bought eight 64 games plus all of the channels and whatnot, and maybe a high amount of saved game data and there you go. It's getting close to maxing out. (If it hasn't already)
    I'd guess around 8 N64 games, 8 Snes games plus the channels would be closer to maxing out. Not sure though as i only have 2 of each and the channels at the moment.

Member #
    Friends
    0120-6723-8776-4093
    all it takes is a firmware update from Nintendo to make SD cards an expansion of the wii's 512MB, which I hope they will do soon, if at all

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by ROB64
    all it takes is a firmware update from Nintendo to make SD cards an expansion of the wii's 512MB, which I hope they will do soon, if at all
    I'm beginning to think that instead of expandable memory for the Wii, we'll see a "Wii: Edition 2" with more memory, and perhaps other "enhancements" like DVD playback, and color options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    I like how some people's responses were " well, you shouldnt use that much memory" like you arent supposed to enjoy the damned $1000 worth of crap you buy....mine is almost full as well.

also, I cant wait till they make different colored wii;s that dont play my VC games anymore.....that would be totally sweet to throw away $200 to have a red wii.
    DigitalDJ still uses Wiichat. IF YOU SEE HIM LET HIM KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalldj
    we will obliterate your country, you have nothing, we are everything america is the cancer, islam is the answe
    fire shall rain down upon you and cleanse your dark soul, I hope we shall never meet because pain will come in hastly fasion, do not attempt to engage worms shall devour your soul while the pure above laugh and curse your name until the day your family bloodline no longer walks the earth

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ROB64
    even so you have to consider the future. The neo geo games as well as new n64 or possible sega saturn games.......the max memory availible on an SD card is around 4GB to 8GB within a decent price range. we are gonna need at least a 40 gb hard drive or better for the life of the wii to solve these storage problems. Come on Nintendo!!!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by xemption
    the max memory availible on an SD card is around 4GB to 8GB within a decent price range.
    SDHC can go to 128GB, and prices will just continue to fall. Even if 8GB is all that is "reasonable" today, that's fine. It's still a 16X improvement over what's in the Wii. And no matter what, someone could always save and get more if they really needed it.

But we're all stuck, until Nintendo allows the Wii to read SDHC and allows for seamless memory integration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan the Librarian
    I like how some people's responses were " well, you shouldnt use that much memory" like you arent supposed to enjoy the damned $1000 worth of crap you buy....mine is almost full as well.

also, I cant wait till they make different colored wii;s that dont play my VC games anymore.....that would be totally sweet to throw away $200 to have a red wii.
    You are so angry it's great!

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Well theres not much to do really, its up to Nintendo to do something about it, especially with WiiWare coming out, our memory will be less and less.

Me personally, I have 802 blocks left with all the channels, and a 6 or 7 VC games. I also have quite a bit of save data from Wii Games.

Really all you can do though like I said earlier, is wait for Nintendo to make a memory increasing move of some kind. I am sure it will happen in some form.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Ads