Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan the Librarian
    Are you joking? do you not even know what im talking about and just replying? They release SFII for $8, then SFII Turbo for 8$ 3 months later, then they release SSFII for 8$ a few months later. If you dont see the fact that they are ripping people off when they could release at least Turbo first, and then, I dont know, 2 different games.......I shouldnt have to explain this, im sure 99% of you agree with me on the SFII shananigans.
    Well I havent goten a SF 2 game since I emulated it (I do own the carts to them)

But heres fair
    Wii get - Fatal fury
    360 get - Fatal fury Special with extras granted its not the best in the fatal fury games but its better than the first

Its a shame that Nintendo want to realse games it the correct order (it will be some time till King of the fighters 98 unless they realese the remake some ware out side Japan)

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    im sure 99% of you agree with me on the SFII shananigans.
    Agreed. There's already a sick amount of 2D and 3D fighter's out there, we have neo geo fighters that look like and play the same. But we know Nintendo's strategy - They will release all of your favorite games in the last year of Wii's life, pinching every cent out of those games 99% of people wouldn't download. I'm so bored with the VC's selection that I have to comtemplate buying games like bubble bobble and excitebike. Give me a break!

Somewhere in that 1% though, there's someone who downloaded all the street fighters, people went bonkers for those games in the early 90's

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmarx
    Agreed. There's already a sick amount of 2D and 3D fighter's out there, we have neo geo fighters that look like and play the same. But we know Nintendo's strategy - They will release all of your favorite games in the last year of Wii's life, pinching every cent out of those games 99% of people wouldn't download. I'm so bored with the VC's selection that I have to comtemplate buying games like bubble bobble and excitebike. Give me a break!
    Hang on (not the game)
    You buy games you dont realy want ?

Are you loaded (Not the game) or something ?

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkprinny
    Hang on (not the game)
    You buy games you dont realy want ?

Are you loaded (Not the game) or something ?
    Well sort of. I bought Starfox 64 wanting Super Nintendo Starfox. I bought Super C while wanting the original Contra instead. And instead of Super Tecmo Bowl (the game we all rave about) I have to get not so good Temco Bowl as a replacement. That's how Nintendo pinches, by getting us to buy the versions of games we don't really want.

btw I'm not loaded! it's all about the coffee!

Member #
    Friends
    WHY ARE WE ONLY GETTING TWO GAMES A WEEK NOW!!!!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Well sort of. I bought Starfox 64 wanting Super Nintendo Starfox. I bought Super C while wanting the original Contra instead. And instead of Super Tecmo Bowl (the game we all rave about) I have to get not so good Temco Bowl as a replacement. That's how Nintendo pinches, by getting us to buy the versions of games we don't really want.

I just wait
    Beein a UK gamer means wii have to wait (sometimes like in the case of King of the fighters Maximum Impact 2 we got it about six mounths ago where as the US has had it for over a year)
    And wait
    And wait
    Then sod it get the console chiped (or use one of them converter things in the case of cart based consoles)and buy the import or wait

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    There are a few games that will cause you to tear your hair out. Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, Super Mario Brothers All Stars, Street Fighter Anthology, Mega Man Collection, and a few other well know games. All these games have 3-10 games on a single format, and anyone who bought them individually would feel the financial burn. Before buying any great game, do your research.

Next game? Super Street Fighter II Turbo. VC will probably get this game too, on which format? No idea.
    Last edited by sagema; 01-19-2008 at 02:20 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    There are a few games that will cause you to tear your hair out. Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, Super Mario Brothers All Stars, Street Fighter Anthology, Mega Man Collection, and a few other well know games. All these games have 3-10 games on a single format, and anyone who bought them individually would feel the financial burn. Before buying any great game, do your research.

Next game? Super Street Fighter II Turbo. VC will probably get this game too, on which format? No idea.
    Only format in came out on back in the day was the 3DO, as far as I'm aware.

Oh yes, and here's some more games for everyone to check out before they go wasting their money: Sonic Mega Collection, Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition, Capcom Classics Collection (volumes 1&2), and the excellent Sega Mega Drive / Genesis Collection.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    5930-2204-0713-5850

I know i know it sucks, and i turn on my wii every monday morning hopeing for a sweet game to be on the VC shop channel. But most times this doesnt happen. Your theory of pinching the money out of us is very viable. see, you can whine and complain and say nintendo sucks(not saying you are, you as in general you haha) but really they dont suck. there just being a smart, business and profit focused company. Just like they should be. so it sucks for us, but honestly seems to me like the people behind these VC releases are smarter than it seems, and the "random" VC's we get each week might not be so random at all.

that being said, i hope we get super smash bros next week! haha sorry my librarian
    Last edited by crazyman2; 01-19-2008 at 04:51 PM.

Its not my fault im a fast reader

Who cares about that? i have brawl! FC: 0817-3472-1993. PM me if you add me.

Member #
    Friends
    0130-2935-1724-6313
    Blah Blah, look, I have two pages full of VC, im aware there are good games, ive spent some money.......

Are you joking? do you not even know what im talking about and just replying? They release SFII for $8, then SFII Turbo for 8$ 3 months later, then they release SSFII for 8$ a few months later. If you dont see the fact that they are ripping people off when they could release at least Turbo first, and then, I dont know, 2 different games.......I shouldnt have to explain this, im sure 99% of you agree with me on the SFII shananigans.

Im not a Smash Brothers Pussy.......I actually punch my dog in the face every time Golden Eye, Smash Brothers, and Mario RPG get brought up.....Im more of a 1985-1993 man myself.
    What would be the point in releasing the last one first, You can apreciate the series more when you buy each one. I don't blame Capcom for releasing them in order, it's a good excuse to remember SF2 without playing as the bosses.
    This means you're: A Smart Gamer

What does it mean?

You have a good grip on the gaming world. you know what games you enjoy, you remain somewhat even in a debate through the consoles. undoubtably a "Super Fanboy" has called you a fanboy when you are not one but rather just stating facts. you are invalueable in a discussion on consoles.

Ads