LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

help settle a debate

my cousin and I got into a debate maybe some of you can help settle it.

is it worth is to rebuy games you CURRENTLY own JUST to play them wireless?

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164

How do you mean wireless ?

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    you're debating if you should have the right to pirate a 2nd copy for your own use to use on your two consoles?

-- No, purchasing and using the software is an agreement to their terms.

click logo to join the...
    rainbows & unicorns clan!

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Personally, I don't think it's a good idea to download on VC games you've already got, unless you're getting somethingt that wasn't there before (like the sharing online of pictures in Pokemon Snap).

It's why I haven't downloaded very many VC titles. I still have the SNES, N64 and stuff. Although I have downloaded a few titles that I either missed or don't have the ability to play legitimately...

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    I own about 50% of the VC titles I buy already. The reason I do this is:

1. yes wireless is nice. I have a big TV and you dont want to have to sit 1 ft in front of it.

2. Save state, Save state, Save state, Save state, Save state, Save state,
    really long or difficult games can be more fun this way.

3. organization: I dont feel like pulling out the big ass bin of games from my closet all the time, but ill pick up a wiimote and turn on my wii. Also, It doesnt look very nice having 4 consoles plugged in all willy nilly with wires going everywhere in your living room.

4. Blowing on a cartridge = thing of the past.
    DigitalDJ still uses Wiichat. IF YOU SEE HIM LET HIM KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalldj
    we will obliterate your country, you have nothing, we are everything america is the cancer, islam is the answe
    fire shall rain down upon you and cleanse your dark soul, I hope we shall never meet because pain will come in hastly fasion, do not attempt to engage worms shall devour your soul while the pure above laugh and curse your name until the day your family bloodline no longer walks the earth

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan the Librarian
    2. Save state, Save state, Save state, Save state, Save state, Save state,
    really long or difficult games can be more fun this way.
    You can't save multiple states though. And isn't it more for picking up and putting down (i.e. You can't just reset to an earlier save state)...

Unless I'm mistaken that is...

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by idjut
    you're debating if you should have the right to pirate a 2nd copy for your own use to use on your two consoles?

you obviously didnt read his post correctly, and you sound like you are regurgitating legalese you dont understand.....

LOL
    we will obliterate your country, you have nothing, we are everything america is the cancer, islam is the answe
    fire shall rain down upon you and cleanse your dark soul, I hope we shall never meet because pain will come in hastly fasion, do not attempt to engage worms shall devour your soul while the pure above laugh and curse your name until the day your family bloodline no longer walks the earth

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    You can't save multiple states though. And isn't it more for picking up and putting down (i.e. You can't just reset to an earlier save state)...

Unless I'm mistaken that is...
    I havent needed multiple yet, but you are right. This brings us to the "nintendo not giving us enough memory" argument.

sounds like someone is spoiled with their emulators 10 save states

but still, Ninja Gaiden for example.....my friend and I played that like once a week, alternating every time we continued. I was good at the game, and he barely remembered it.....if it didnt have the save state, we would have played it , put it down, and never looked its way again.....you dont want to play a game for 5 hours and have to start over, at least not in the days of computers and saves. made the game more fun than originally......we would come back and beat one stage or one boss
    Last edited by Conan the Librarian; 01-23-2008 at 12:48 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan the Librarian
    you obviously didnt read his post correctly, and you sound like you are regurgitating legalese you dont understand.....

LOL
    Personally, I find it's easier not to bother. Guaranteed quality picture, played like it was meant to be and supports things that you like.

I think pirating is legally dicey at best. Although I don't so much shake a finger at it, but I find that if something has been publicly broadcast, it's pretty much like taping it and watching it later (in terms of ethics anyway).

But all this is besides the point...

but still, Ninja Gaiden for example.....my friend and I played that like once a week, alternating every time we continued. I was good at the game, and he barely remembered it.....if it didnt have the save state, we would have played it , put it down, and never looked its way again.....you dont want to play a game for 5 hours and have to start over, at least not in the days of computers and saves. made the game more fun than originally......we would come back and beat one stage or one boss
    Reminds me of an insane challenge I came up with (but have not tried to do). Which is to basically play through Final Fantasy VII without a memory card. See if you can complete it. Would be awesome, yet insane.
    Last edited by Squall7; 01-23-2008 at 12:51 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    i honestly prefer playing my older games in their original state. i like using the original controls and stuff, but it is hard to argue with the saving or "suspended play"

it's a lot easier, and neater, to use the VC than the real systems themselves. if you have the original game, i don't see the point in buying it for the VC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads