LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

played Operation Wolf yet?

so, have any of you played operation wolf yet???????

I just played it. It definitely brought me back......

This game was one of the 4 or 5 games I got with my nintendo around '87. It was very damned hard at the time and I wondered how well I was going to do. I beat this game after much much practice back in the day. Well, I got past the first level without dying, but all in all, im proud of my 8 year old self for beating this hard bastard. I remember the boss at the end being a pimp ass Hind helicopter (the Ruski ones with the 4 mini-guns from back in the Rambo II days). I dont think I used the light gun back in the day, cuz it basicly sucked. Play control is pretty good on this game, well its just a crusor going around, but it is all pretty accurate.

The first thing that hit me, was that I had forgotten all of the music and what the game looked like, because it had been so long since I played it (and I played my first games TO DEATH). I always remember the music to games , even ones i rented.......but not this one. Super Old School. I always noticed how at the end of a stage on this game, the music holds a bad chord with a wrong terrible note in it. Like, wow, how did the programmers just let that one go, it could break glass......

However, being nostalgic for this game is probably a huge force behind me liking this game.......so here is my recomendation.....
    If you are a huge 8-bit fan with 5 bucks to spend on FP shooter, arcade style, get this game. It is a huge challenge. Compete with a friend....

However, some of you might not like the bad graphics, difficulty, and not much variety in enemies. i give it a 5 out of 10.

(gee, what were those first games I got? Section Z, TopGun, SMB, Operation Wolf, Zelda II, Double Dragon.) ah....the good ol days....
    DigitalDJ still uses Wiichat. IF YOU SEE HIM LET HIM KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalldj
    we will obliterate your country, you have nothing, we are everything america is the cancer, islam is the answe
    fire shall rain down upon you and cleanse your dark soul, I hope we shall never meet because pain will come in hastly fasion, do not attempt to engage worms shall devour your soul while the pure above laugh and curse your name until the day your family bloodline no longer walks the earth

Member #
    Friends
    Do you use the Wiimote to control the crosshair or do you have to use the D-pad?

the monkeys are listening

Member #
    Friends
    you wish.....just the pad......

Young Ones? Hell yeah, the old school. My favorite - Vivian.
    we will obliterate your country, you have nothing, we are everything america is the cancer, islam is the answe
    fire shall rain down upon you and cleanse your dark soul, I hope we shall never meet because pain will come in hastly fasion, do not attempt to engage worms shall devour your soul while the pure above laugh and curse your name until the day your family bloodline no longer walks the earth

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan the Librarian
    you wish.....just the pad......

Young Ones? Hell yeah, the old school. My favorite - Vivian.
    I do wish, lol. Would be cool, though.

Good job on recognising the Young Ones! You just earned some rep!

Member #
    Friends
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    I used the dpad in the 80s, and I liked it. But honestly, they can have my $5 when they spend the two days it would take to add wiimote IR pointer support. Seriously. It's like they're allergic to reasonable updates for VC titles/the VC emulator.

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiinter
    I used the dpad in the 80s, and I liked it. But honestly, they can have my $5 when they spend the two days it would take to add wiimote IR pointer support. Seriously. It's like they're allergic to reasonable updates for VC titles/the VC emulator.
    I whole-heartedly agree with you there.

Member #
    Friends
    yeah, they should be able to do that so easily and dont, they are bastards.....

but, I remember trying the game with the zapper back in the day, and it wasnt accurate enough to try this hard ass game, so I always used the pad.

Ads