LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    What type of TV do you have?

Some flat panel HDTVs introduce a lag because of the video processing needed in order to scale the video signal to the TV's native resolution. It's not noticeable on all HDTVs though and with some of those, there is a "game" mode that cuts out some of the video processing in order to reduce or eliminate lag.

If you have a regular CRT tube type TV then that should not be a problem though.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    What type of TV do you have?

Some flat panel HDTVs introduce a lag because of the video processing needed in order to scale the video signal to the TV's native resolution. It's not noticeable on all HDTVs though and with some of those, there is a "game" mode that cuts out some of the video processing in order to reduce or eliminate lag.

If you have a regular CRT tube type TV then that should not be a problem though.
    I've got a Samsung 37" LCD HDTV. I'll see if there is a game mode, I believe I saw it in the options. The Wii has an HDTV option in the settings but I can't select it since I only have the standard 3-prong connector.

Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    There are still other factors that could be involved. You never answered the question I asked several posts up: do you experience the same problem with NES games on VC?
    I am not certain, the only NES game I have on there is SMB. I'll have to test it out later.

Ads