+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain
    500 points for C64 games? Rip-off!

Normally I'd say the more consoles, the better, but I'm not so sure about this one...
    Agreed.
    Not sure about this one completely, but more consoles does seem to be good.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    The C64 had some great games and i hope that it gets added to the US VC as well.

Games worth looking out for would be:

Sacred Armour of Antirad
    Wizzball
    The Last Ninja (1-3)
    Kickstart
    Anything by Thalamus

And most of all, one of the best games ever created..
    Paradroid!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    So instead of more SNES, and N64 games, we get another console. Computer games? I don't know much about the C64, other than it's really freaking old. It's great that we have all these consoles. Now Nintendo should focus on releasing more Virtual Console games in general. I don't want to wait until year 15 for Chrono Trigger.
    It's not Nintendo or the the other console manufacturers' fault Chrono Trigger isn't out yet. Blame Squeenix, there the ones holding back on the VC.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    The Commodore 64 is probably one of the coolest things ever invented. It had great games and it also has one of the most unique sound chips ever. To this day some modern recording artists still use the sound chip because it sounds so cool. Some of the best game soundtracks ever were made on the C64.

A lot of the games also came out on the NES as 3rd party games but the C64 versions looked better.

I've always heard Elite was an awesome game. One game I used to play a lot was Law of the West. Montezuma's Revenge. Used to play that a lot. Also, Lode Runner.

There are a few games I really want to play that I've heard good things about:

Air Support
    Castles of Dr. Creep
    Elite
    Fast Tracks
    Park Patrol
    PSI-5 Trading Company
    Last edited by Zackh321; 02-21-2008 at 06:30 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    So instead of more SNES, and N64 games, we get another console. Computer games? I don't know much about the C64, other than it's really freaking old. It's great that we have all these consoles. Now Nintendo should focus on releasing more Virtual Console games in general. I don't want to wait until year 15 for Chrono Trigger.
    I'm with you, by the time Nintendo actually releases the 14 or so N64 games I actually owned and sold to justify purchasing them via the VC, the Wii system will be out of date and I will have no further desire left to purchase VC games, which frankly is hanging by a thread now as it is.

I know I sound like a broken record but I'm just completely disappointed with Nintendo's treatment of N64 console as it relates to releasing games to the VC, in favor of what... TGFX16 and a handful of Dreamcast games.

Still voting with my wallet. Seemingly a complete waste of time as the games I expected to see by now are probably never going to see the light of day on the Nintendo Wii Virtual Console.

Member #
    Friends
    They'll probably have the VC on the next Nintendo console when it comes out. Downloadable content appears to be the wave of the future so it's by no means going away.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Zackh321
    They'll probably have the VC on the next Nintendo console when it comes out. Downloadable content appears to be the wave of the future so it's by no means going away.
    You are totally disregarding the fact that your VC purchases are tied to your existing Wii console and NOT transferable under any circumstance...

Flaming meteors from heaven come down and smite your Wii into the dust and guess what... Nintendo says you have to repurchase them in order to be able to download to your newly purchased replacement Wii. I know because I had this very specific conversation with a Nintendo rep when my unit's DVD/CD drive failed and I had to send it in for service. I asked what would happen in the even that my Wii suffered some kind of catastrophic hardware failure or damage, and was told exactly what I just stated above.

Melodramatic example, yes, but any future VC will be a waste if I am (as a consumer) expected to pay twice for something I already legitimately purchased.

Downloadable content is one thing.

Non-transferable content is a whole other issue altogether and one that Nintendo needs to address if they expect to ride this so-called "wave of the future".
    Last edited by Chewie; 02-21-2008 at 11:17 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Probably will just be a waste.

Thanks to TwilightSky of Brawl Central for sig!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie
    I'm with you, by the time Nintendo actually releases the 14 or so N64 games I actually owned and sold to justify purchasing them via the VC, the Wii system will be out of date and I will have no further desire left to purchase VC games, which frankly is hanging by a thread now as it is.

I know I sound like a broken record but I'm just completely disappointed with Nintendo's treatment of N64 console as it relates to releasing games to the VC, in favor of what... TGFX16 and a handful of Dreamcast games.

Still voting with my wallet. Seemingly a complete waste of time as the games I expected to see by now are probably never going to see the light of day on the Nintendo Wii Virtual Console.
    I doubt people will argue if they put Dreamcast stuff on there (which I doubt will happen).

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie
    You are totally disregarding the fact that your VC purchases are tied to your existing Wii console and NOT transferable under any circumstance...

Flaming meteors from heaven come down and smite your Wii into the dust and guess what... Nintendo says you have to repurchase them in order to be able to download to your newly purchased replacement Wii. I know because I had this very specific conversation with a Nintendo rep when my unit's DVD/CD drive failed and I had to send it in for service. I asked what would happen in the even that my Wii suffered some kind of catastrophic hardware failure or damage, and was told exactly what I just stated above.

Melodramatic example, yes, but any future VC will be a waste if I am (as a consumer) expected to pay twice for something I already legitimately purchased.

Downloadable content is one thing.

Non-transferable content is a whole other issue altogether and one that Nintendo needs to address if they expect to ride this so-called "wave of the future".
    Yeah, but the Wii won't have the games you really want anyway from the way you're talking

Ads