LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

delayed reaction to nes games (punch out)

I've downloaded a few nes games including punch out, super mario 2 etc...

I'm using the classic controller and wireless wii remote and I'm noticing the reaction time is much slower so I'm finding these games much, much more difficult.

For instance, I cannot get out of the way fast enough to dodge punches as I could with a real nintendo entertainment system.

Is there a delay in the wireless remote? Do I need a gamecube controller that plugs directly in? Do I need component video cables to my television (50 inch dlp)?

Thanks

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    If it's to do with your wii remote, it could be a problem with your sensor bar.

Member #
    Friends

It still works fine, but punch out requires immediate responses and it doesn't seem as fast as actually using a nes controller.

Anybody else perceive this?

Member #
    Friends
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    My copy of punchout works fine, though others have come here with the same complaint about the game. Maybe redownloading it will help. I don't think a wired controller or component cables will make any difference.

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    Quote Originally Posted by Foosoo
    If it's to do with your wii remote, it could be a problem with your sensor bar.
    Actually if you arent using IR or motion control and just pressing buttons the wiimote directly sends the button inputs to the wii system.

i suggest just deleting the game and re downloading it. i experienced some crappyness with blades of steel, some of the audio is choppy.
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Member #
    Friends
    not to be a jerk, but search for about 100 threads like this. In the last 5 you will see me saying, yes there is a delay, and punchout requires exact timing.
    DigitalDJ still uses Wiichat. IF YOU SEE HIM LET HIM KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalldj
    we will obliterate your country, you have nothing, we are everything america is the cancer, islam is the answe
    fire shall rain down upon you and cleanse your dark soul, I hope we shall never meet because pain will come in hastly fasion, do not attempt to engage worms shall devour your soul while the pure above laugh and curse your name until the day your family bloodline no longer walks the earth

Member #
    Friends

conan,

I did a quick search but I guess I should have spent more time and replied to an existing thread.

I've found a bunch or your related posts but I have not stumbled upon a fix for punch out (if one exists??).

Is there one out there?

Thanks

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by bschoudel
    conan,

I did a quick search but I guess I should have spent more time and replied to an existing thread.

I've found a bunch or your related posts but I have not stumbled upon a fix for punch out (if one exists??).

Is there one out there?

Thanks
    nope, some people guess its either bc of the fact that im on LCD, or the SHITTY CABLES (I dont know what they are called, but people have had problems with the hd ones too). or both factors combined.

and by shitty cables, i just mean the ones that came with the wii, not the 50 $ ones.
    DigitalDJ still uses Wiichat. IF YOU SEE HIM LET HIM KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalldj
    we will obliterate your country, you have nothing, we are everything america is the cancer, islam is the answe
    fire shall rain down upon you and cleanse your dark soul, I hope we shall never meet because pain will come in hastly fasion, do not attempt to engage worms shall devour your soul while the pure above laugh and curse your name until the day your family bloodline no longer walks the earth

Member #
    Friends
    After further investigation, this is most certainly an HDTV problem. I have a Samsung 50" DLP. I tried the wii on a 27" tube tv and punch out works like I remember it.

I did upgrade my cables to the component and switched the wii to 480p and it made a marked improvement in the timing. It's still not perfect however.

Ads