LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Will we get to keep our VC games when the next Nintendo console comes out?

Will we? How will they transfer to the new Nintendo console when it comes out? It would suck if we buy them and they can't be transfered to the next Nintendo console.

Member #
    Friends
    I doubt Nintendo would let us do that... It would keep customers loyal,
    but nintendo is just greedy enough to make us redownload everything we still want.
    Brawl Friend Code 1976-9830-7448 If you want to brawl and you live in Florida I'll add you if you add me!

Member #
    Friends
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    well you're probably agreeing to a license of the software.. not ownership... worst case is that you'll have to keep your wii to play them...

it's likely the VC and WiiWare will be quite the same and possibly be accessible in the next gen as the services evolve.

click logo to join the...
    rainbows & unicorns clan!

Member #
    Friends
    0327-4476-8274-1304
    Well, you probably won't have to worry about that for another 5 years, but if you invest in a SD card you might be able to save the games.

My Games: WiiSports, WiiPlay, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, LoZ:TP, Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Rayman Raving Rabids 2

My VC: Kirby 64: Crystal Shards,Pokemon Snap, Harvest Moon, Super Metroid, Toejam and Earl, Toejam and Earl 2: Panic on Funkitron

Member #
    Friends
    You Wii won't spontaneously combust when the new Nintendo console comes out so yes you will be able to keep your VC games. No telling if you can transfer games to the new console or not. I imagine that's a question not even Nintendo knows the answer to yet.

Member #
    Friends
    We can all just hope that we can transfer the games to the new console. If not, there's no way I'd get rid of my Wii. I think I put a little too much money into mine.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by 2muchVCs
    We can all just hope that we can transfer the games to the new console. If not, there's no way I'd get rid of my Wii. I think I put a little too much money into mine.
    It seems silly that we couldn't have it all on one system. I don't want two consoles sitting in my entertainment unit. I want one...minimal space.

It would be like keeping your gamecube if the wii didn't play gamecube games. You would have keep your gamecube, but we would all prefer th Wii played them all.

Member #
    Friends
    Wait a minute...when is the new Wii console expected to arrive? Is there any info about it? What will be the improvements?

Member #
    Friends
    2040-6433-9730-8074
    Nintendo are planning on a 5 year to 6 year product productions for the Wii which means we probs wont see the next nintendo console until around 2012 - 2013

The Shard of Courage

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by d.vader
    Wait a minute...when is the new Wii console expected to arrive? Is there any info about it? What will be the improvements?
    There really isn't any info yet. It'll probably be a few more years before rumors start appearing.

Ads