LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan the Librarian
    Really? I dont have to buy them? uh, thanks.

Since %50 of our VC games are TG-16, I assumed it wouldnt be the worst system ever, and that I should eventually give it a try.

yes, Castlevania. Who here has played it that? That is what I want to play.

Yeah, the system came out a little earlier, so what.You dont need awesome graphics and sound for a game not to suck.....that's everyones theory on the wii, right? those games wouldnt be fun in 3d virtual reality.

%50 of our games.

50%? Are you sure about that? Let's take a look at the number of games out for each console (including the games out later today), shall we?

NES: 61
    SNES: 31
    N64: 12
    GEN: 47
    TG-16: 49
    Neo Geo: 8

That's 208 in total (see here for source). So the percentage of TG-16 games is actually about 23%, less than a quarter of the total.

It's the NES taking up the biggest proportion, and let's be honest, a lot of NES games out for VC are pretty crap-tacular (Urban Champion, anyone? Or how about some Double Dribble?).

Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    I own a TG-16. Here are a few games worth getting. Bonk's Adventure, Cadash, Keith Courage, Wanderers from Y's(Turbo CD). Cadash is a must for 2 players. It had a steep learning curve, but once you get used to it, the game gets pretty good. Reminder, Cadash was originally an arcade.
    Hey, I got Cadash on the Xbox (Taito Legends 2). You're right, it is a good game.

By the way, to all gamers everywhere: there's no apostrophe in Ys.
    Last edited by Napalmbrain; 03-10-2008 at 02:16 AM.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    yeah ok Napalm, I dont need to read the rest to admit that our game selection isnt exactly %50 TG-16......ok....Ill be more specific next time and use decimal points, so i guess somehow you won this discussion because of that.....

Anyways, when we get 3 games, 1 of them is TG 16. When we get 2 games, 1 of them is TG-16. Therefore my guess would be closer to %35 Tg-16......sound better? If I am being forced to choose between %35 TG-16, Im going to notice, and then make fun of, how bad it is. It sucks. Hard.

Now, Urban champion sucks my balls. There are many other games like it that suck equal balls. So the games Nintendo lets us pick from that arent TG-16, suck anyways......making about 95% of our VC suck balls.

Double Dribble is a good game actually, and I have downloaded it. Just like I said, a game doesnt have to have awesome graphics to be really fun, so at least one of the 20 TG-16 games I played had better attempt to be fun, because the graphics look like one of those Leap Frog game systems for 3-6 year olds.
    ----------------------
    Sagema, thanks for the recomendations, I will play those.

Ninja Spirit was a decent game. There you hear that everyone?
    ----------------------

Finally, why is everyone crying? I have played Ninty and Sega all my life. I have never had the opportunity to play TG-16, and when I did, couldnt stop laughing. I wish someone like me was there to warn some of the kids that blew their money on this inferior system.

No one is allowed to complain. Im sick of all you kool-aid drinkers, you are all in a "dont say anything bad about Sega/NEC" cult. Well, NEC SUCKS. NINTENDO WINS. NOW GIVE ME NINTENDO GAMES, NOT NEC! I DIDNT BUY AN NEC WII YOU CHEAP BASTARDS.....THEY GET THE LICENSES FOR THESE GAMES FOR LIKE 10 CENTS, AS OPPOSED TO SPENDING THE GOOD MONEY ON GAMES WE ACTUALLY LIKE. TRUE STORY. DEAL WITH IT.

So, any other good recomendations people? Keep em coming.

Again, has anyone actually played CV Rondo of Blood?

If anyone gets a chance, destroy a copy of Kung Fu for TG-16. your character takes up %75.45 of the screen, and tiny birds in the background run into your giant head, like the background is the foreground and vice versa.
    Last edited by Conan the Librarian; 03-10-2008 at 08:49 AM.
    DigitalDJ still uses Wiichat. IF YOU SEE HIM LET HIM KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalldj
    we will obliterate your country, you have nothing, we are everything america is the cancer, islam is the answe
    fire shall rain down upon you and cleanse your dark soul, I hope we shall never meet because pain will come in hastly fasion, do not attempt to engage worms shall devour your soul while the pure above laugh and curse your name until the day your family bloodline no longer walks the earth

Member #
    Friends
    Given your constant ranting on how bad a thing it is that Nintendo has games other than Genesis/NES/SNES games available on the Virtual Console, I have a hard time believing you didn't already have a bit of bias against the system before even playing a game. Surprise, surprise... you don't like it. I am shocked by such a revelation. I have a feeling you are very much not open minded despite your earlier statement.

For what it's worth, these are the TG16 VC games I have enjoyed:
    -Bomberman '93
    -Lords of Thunder
    -Galaga 90
    -Devil's Crush
    -Alien Crush
    -New Adventure Island

Slaughterhouse is kind of like Porky's these days. It wasn't ever popular because it was a good game. It was popular because it pushed the boundaries of decency for its time. Now that it no longer does that, it really has nothing going for it.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by hal2814
    Given your constant ranting on how bad a thing it is that Nintendo has games other than Genesis/NES/SNES games available on the Virtual Console, I have a hard time believing you didn't already have a bit of bias against the system before even playing a game. Surprise, surprise... you don't like it. I am shocked by such a revelation. I have a feeling you are very much not open minded despite your earlier statement.

For what it's worth, these are the TG16 VC games I have enjoyed:
    -Bomberman '93
    -Lords of Thunder
    -Galaga 90
    -Devil's Crush
    -Alien Crush
    -New Adventure Island

Slaughterhouse is kind of like Porky's these days. It wasn't ever popular because it was a good game. It was popular because it pushed the boundaries of decency for its time. Now that it no longer does that, it really has nothing going for it.
    I want to try Lord of Thunder and Alien Crush.

Yes, you are right, I constantly complain. Not that "Nintendo has games other than Genesis/NES/SNES games available on the Virtual Console". Does that even make sense? I like NEo Geo and N64. I think that leaves my bitching about TG-16, Commodore, and Gameboy. I dont need to explain myself any further, because that would grind to a halt, the already bad selection of VC games that get trickeled out 2 at a time, and replace Urban Champion, with a Gameboy version of Urban Champion. Thats what they do, give you the crappiest version of anything they can find first. We wont have the games we expected to get EVER, and we will dump $400 into VC over the next 5 years to wet our whistle.

Who says Im close minded? I'm an Intellevision freak. I just have the common decency, not to force a $4 download of Deadly Discs of Tron from Mattel Electronics (1982) on you, when you could get a SNES or N64 game, which is what you were pitched during all the next gen hype. They made it sound like we could open a ****ing catalogue and pick.

That makes sense about splatterhouse. I thought Bionic Commando was pretty racey when they had a Hitler look alike yell "damn" at the end. What system was Chiller on? That game was pretty hardcore for back in the day.

Please, no one lose any sleep over my opinion of TG-16.
    we will obliterate your country, you have nothing, we are everything america is the cancer, islam is the answe
    fire shall rain down upon you and cleanse your dark soul, I hope we shall never meet because pain will come in hastly fasion, do not attempt to engage worms shall devour your soul while the pure above laugh and curse your name until the day your family bloodline no longer walks the earth

Member #
    Friends
    Looking at vc-reviews the TG-16 has a crapload of games. The second highest of any system with the NES beating it as the system with the most games.

Here's the thing. Out of all of those games only 26 have a 4 star or above rating on the TG. Over half of the games they put out don't deserve to be on the VC according to that scale. The NES has 27 4 to 5 star games. I'm not sure if that's as reliable, though. I mean Metroid has a 3 star rating according to them. There could be some other games on the TG-16 that have 3 stars that may actually be pretty cool or my nostalgia of playing games on the system (If I actually owned it back then) could cause a bias. I don't know. I still enjoy Metroid is all I know.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Zackh321
    Looking at vc-reviews the TG-16 has a crapload of games. The second highest of any system with the NES beating it as the system with the most games.

Here's the thing. Out of all of those games only 26 have a 4 star or above rating on the TG. Over half of the games they put out don't deserve to be on the VC according to that scale. The NES has 27 4 to 5 star games. I'm not sure if that's as reliable, though. I mean Metroid has a 3 star rating according to them. There could be some other games on the TG-16 that have 3 stars that may actually be pretty cool or my nostalgia of playing games on the system (If I actually owned it back then) could cause a bias. I don't know. I still enjoy Metroid is all I know.
    Interestingly, if we're going by their standards, that would make 26/49 = 53% of TG-16 games worthy of at least 4/5, while only 27/61 = 44% are that good on the NES. So the Turbografx is better?

Not having played every NES and TG-16 game on there, I can't say if I'd agree, but personally I think Metroid deserved that 3/5. It's a decent game, but it feels quite dated nowadays, and the bland black backgrounds make it way too easy to get lost. Super Metroid however, is easily worth its 5.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Yeah, the TG-16 was awful. I was lucky enough to only get 3 of the best games the console had to offer. There's probably 5-10 total worth playing. The console only has 89 games on it! I guess what stopped me from buying any more than 2 games(came with Kieth Courage) was the SNES. Everytime I had cash, I got SNES games. They were worth every penny! Also by the time I was interested in buying more TG-16 games, the stores stopped carrying them.

TG-16 taught me a valuable lesson. Unless you have 5 games you want for that console, 5 games you must have, don't bother buying the console. The 360 is 4/5 for me. Castlevania SOTN(Rented the PS1 game), Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD, Lost Planet, Marvel vs Capcom 2(Supposed to be backwards compatible).

Member #
    Friends
    Well, one reason why NES and SNES had more games is because of their exclusive contract deals they did. If a company wanted to make an NES game they could only put that game on the NES. They got into some legal trouble because of it and had to stop doing it. Anyway, the result was systems like the TG-16 mostly got Hudson games and didn't get much 3rd party support.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Zackh321
    Well, one reason why NES and SNES had more games is because of their exclusive contract deals they did. If a company wanted to make an NES game they could only put that game on the NES. They got into some legal trouble because of it and had to stop doing it. Anyway, the result was systems like the TG-16 mostly got Hudson games and didn't get much 3rd party support.
    I wish LJN had an exclusive system.

Member #
    Friends
    Bonk's Adventure is one of the worst games I've ever played.
    "Kids, let me tell you about another so-called "wicked" guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas, and he didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was... I forget. But the point is... well, I forget that too. Marge, you know who I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?"

Ads