LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Info regarding free Wii Points Card

I'm not sure if anyone noticed that occasionally in these forums, there is a google sponsored ad that appears advertising a free Wii Points Card. I just wanted to write a description/warning to anyone who may be tempted by that ad. To be clear, I am not endorsing this ad nor am I promoting anything for my own gain. Rather, this is to inform the community so that you don't waste time like I may have.

The link brings you to a site called "letsplaywii.com" where you can sign up for a free trial of one of two services and in return, you are promised a free 2000-point Wii Card. I've done a LOT of sites like this, and I've got quite a lot of freebies to attest to the fact that there are legitimate sites out there. I sincerely doubt this site is one of them.

Anyway, I signed up since the trial product offered was indeed free, and I was supposedly to be informed within 1-3 days that I had met the criteria and would receive my product. Almost a week later (and after a few emails to their "customer service") I have not heard a thing. Fortunately, I am out nothing save for a little bit of my personal time - no big deal.

As a warning to others, however: Don't waste your time. Odds are, I will never get the card, and that's life. I'm a full believer in "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" but every now and then a shot in the dark can be exciting Anyway, I would recommend not bothering if you see the link.
    Games Owned: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Strikers Charged, Metriod Prime 3 Corruption, Super Smash Bros Brawl
    Wanted games: Mario Kart Wii, Super Paper Mario, Resident Evil 4, Zack & Wiki, Endless Ocean

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Ads? What ads?

Firefox + Adblock Plus
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    Hehe, sremick knows how to surf the web properly.
    I'd go one better and get Greasemonkey as well, then you download scripts to get rid of all sorts of little nuisances.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    Ads? What ads?

Firefox + Adblock Plus
    That's awesome! I didn't know about adblock but I just put it on my firefox and I love it...thank you!
    Games Owned: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Strikers Charged, Metriod Prime 3 Corruption, Super Smash Bros Brawl
    Wanted games: Mario Kart Wii, Super Paper Mario, Resident Evil 4, Zack & Wiki, Endless Ocean

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I use the element hider w/ AB+ and come up with my own rules, so there's rarely anything I don't want that I can't make go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    I'd recommend adding 'noscript' as well for safety. Once you know what you're doing with it the net is yours.
    --

Shame that these advertisements don't work but I recommend taking the name out of your post by editing.

Ads