LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by madbeanman
    I think your making to much of the half the price of the original thing. It could be completely worth it. We have no idea what exactly the content is. Also this may not be the standard for all DLC. I guess we just wait and see.
    I'm wondering why they couldn't just put the extra stuff in the original game, especially given they already know what that extra stuff is going to be. They're basically selling an incomplete game- for the hefty price of 1000 Wii Points, I might add- then expecting people to fork out another 500 points to get the full game.

Have you have ever been on Xbox Live? If you've seen some of the crappy downloadable content they put on there, which is usually at prices disproportionately high compared to the game itself, you'll know why I'm worried.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    At the very least, this will shut some N-fanboys up about Live's pay/transaction services/fees now that Nintendo is doing pretty much the same thing, or will be in the near future. I personally hate most micro-transactions, but that just leads to the bigger 'problem' with consoles in general.

Consoles are good because they are a closed platform that allow developers to create a game specifically optimized for one set of hardware. But that closed development process also makes them very bad for the add-on community. No user can make his/her own add-on for an already existing game (mod) for a console, which would pretty much nullify all this horse armour garbage ... well until the PS3 came along - best of both worlds my friends, best of both worlds

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain
    I'm wondering why they couldn't just put the extra stuff in the original game, especially given they already know what that extra stuff is going to be. They're basically selling an incomplete game- for the hefty price of 1000 Wii Points, I might add- then expecting people to fork out another 500 points to get the full game.

Have you have ever been on Xbox Live? If you've seen some of the crappy downloadable content they put on there, which is usually at prices disproportionately high compared to the game itself, you'll know why I'm worried.
    Again I will go back to my Galaxy comment. If you got new downloadable galaxies would you say the game was incomplete without them. I wouldnt

Also I dont think 1000 Wii points is hefty for a WiiWare game with WiFi support. Again I dont know what exactly the game is like. I guess value is subjective, personally I think Mega Drive {Genesis in the US} games on the
    VC are overpriced. I couldnt imagine myself crying because they added a few extra puzzles to Lonpos and I cant get them.

Ads