LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Wiiware microtransactions

According to Famitsu, Genki is to release an add-on pack for its Wiiware title LONPOS for the rather hefty price of 500 points (the game itself is 1000 points), and Namco wish to include downloadable content for their Wiiware game Mojipittan.

Link: http://www.vc-reviews.com/news/2008/...d_or_bad_thing

What a rip-off! I wanted the Wii to become more like Xbox Live, but not like this. I consider microtransactions to be the biggest rip-off in the video game industry, especially in cases like this when the developer deliberately releases the game incomplete so you have to pay more to play the full game. And the fact that it's for Wiiware, which is already downloadable content itself, makes it even worse.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    i liked the image and yeah it IS a total rip off!
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

Member #
    Friends
    This I believe is in know way a total rip off. No- one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to buy this stuff. I am delighted that Wii is finally letting people buy extra content for their games.
    If you believe this is a rip-off surely you must feel that Pokemon ranch and Pokemopn Battle Revolution are bigger ripoffs because the games are next to worthless without a DS and PBR costs 50euro. That is a much bigger disgrace.

Member #
    Friends
    4462-3961-4067-6996
    No one said that they were being forced to pay for it. They're just angry that they WOULD have to pay another 500 for extra stuff. And you're just stupid if you get either of those pokemon games without a DS....
    In bed by eight...home by eleven

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by madbeanman
    This I believe is in know way a total rip off. No- one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to buy this stuff. I am delighted that Wii is finally letting people buy extra content for their games.
    If you believe this is a rip-off surely you must feel that Pokemon ranch and Pokemopn Battle Revolution are bigger ripoffs because the games are next to worthless without a DS and PBR costs 50euro. That is a much bigger disgrace.
    It wouldn't be so bad if they were charging half the price of the game for the extra content. That's 500 points (which translates to 5€ or £3.75) for extra content for a Wiiware game which by its nature is not going to be very big itself. Why not just put it in the actual game?

@ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    Well well Napalm, it seems the tables have turned. Did I hear you use the phrase "rip-off"? It seems you could benefit from my powers right now, but I wouldn't want to upset anyone with my "bitching".

Wiiware is a terrible idea. It makes me think of the fall of Atari. A bunch of different engineers making a bunch of crappy games.

OK, I am not at full power right now, because I am very, very hung over. This will be short (some of you saying YAY). Kids, dont drink alcohol. Or smoke cigarettes.

But the point is, It doesnt take a psychic to know they are gonna be releasing crappy games at an inflated price. The VC sums up how much Nintendo doesnt give a shit about you. Its all about this$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

So do you want to throw down for a pie eating game with an online leaderboard? These games are gonna be about as good as the games on the SouthPark Website, and as much time will have been put into them. If the game was worthy at all, it would have been a Wii game, and put onto a disc for us to buy for $50.

Expansion packs for ****ing yahoo games? LOL Yeah, while im at it, let me buy an expansion pack for the "swat at the fly" game at the top of a random website where I "win a free MP3 player!"

Every time I hear someone say "no one is making you buy it" or the like, I want to violently attack the next human I see. We know that.

Back to sleep.
    DigitalDJ still uses Wiichat. IF YOU SEE HIM LET HIM KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalldj
    we will obliterate your country, you have nothing, we are everything america is the cancer, islam is the answe
    fire shall rain down upon you and cleanse your dark soul, I hope we shall never meet because pain will come in hastly fasion, do not attempt to engage worms shall devour your soul while the pure above laugh and curse your name until the day your family bloodline no longer walks the earth

Member #
    Friends
    Why would you violently attack someone for saying the truth although I do take your point. No one wants to see the wiiware library full of rubbish. > dont see how anyone can argue with downloadable content. If someone said 10 more fully fledged galaxies in super mario galaxy for 800 wii points. would you take it. I know I would.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by madbeanman
    Why would you violently attack someone for saying the truth although I do take your point. No one wants to see the wiiware library full of rubbish. > dont see how anyone can argue with downloadable content. If someone said 10 more fully fledged galaxies in super mario galaxy for 800 wii points. would you take it. I know I would.
    10 new galaxies for SMG would be fine. In fact that would be an extremely generous expansion pack, I doubt we would get 10 full new levels for only 800 points.

Expansion pack for a Wiiware game at half the price of the original game = fail.

Member #
    Friends
    4116-4612-5453-3059
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan the Librarian
    Well well Napalm, it seems the tables have turned. Did I hear you use the phrase "rip-off"? It seems you could benefit from my powers right now, but I wouldn't want to upset anyone with my "bitching".

Wiiware is a terrible idea. It makes me think of the fall of Atari. A bunch of different engineers making a bunch of crappy games.

OK, I am not at full power right now, because I am very, very hung over. This will be short (some of you saying YAY). Kids, dont drink alcohol. Or smoke cigarettes.

But the point is, It doesnt take a psychic to know they are gonna be releasing crappy games at an inflated price. The VC sums up how much Nintendo doesnt give a shit about you. Its all about this$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

So do you want to throw down for a pie eating game with an online leaderboard? These games are gonna be about as good as the games on the SouthPark Website, and as much time will have been put into them. If the game was worthy at all, it would have been a Wii game, and put onto a disc for us to buy for $50.

Expansion packs for ****ing yahoo games? LOL Yeah, while im at it, let me buy an expansion pack for the "swat at the fly" game at the top of a random website where I "win a free MP3 player!"

Every time I hear someone say "no one is making you buy it" or the like, I want to violently attack the next human I see. We know that.

Back to sleep.
    TL;DR

Anyway, in my opinion the biggest rip off in the video games industry is paying monthly for things like WoW when you (In some cases) paied full price for the game itself...

Phantasy Star Universe is a horrible one too, not only do you need to pay 40 for the game and then the LIVE ontop of it, you then have to pay a monthly fee! What the hell?!

Erm..sorry this has nothing to do with the opening post but it made me think of all this.

[Zero Motivation, The Guy With Cloud Envy]

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain
    10 new galaxies for SMG would be fine. In fact that would be an extremely generous expansion pack, I doubt we would get 10 full new levels for only 800 points.

Expansion pack for a Wiiware game at half the price of the original game = fail.
    I think your making to much of the half the price of the original thing. It could be completely worth it. We have no idea what exactly the content is. Also this may not be the standard for all DLC. I guess we just wait and see.

Ads