LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34
  1. #11
    Got lifeboat? sremick's Avatar
    Member #
    27061
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    1,130
    Friends
    25
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by dakuda
    Something called licensing would be a larger priority than what the consumer wants. If Nintendo does not have the rights to release a game, they cannot do so. It does not matter what people want in that case.
    This is an important factor most people don't think about. Nintendo didn't make all those games. Some are 25 years old now and were made by companies that simply do not exist anymore. Sorting out who the official license owner is now can be a daunting, next to impossible task. Even then, there's no promise that the current legal owner of the property will agree to whatever terms Nintendo offers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

  2. #12
    chaos whore supanova's Avatar
    Member #
    13306
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    london, but from the original chaos city
    Posts
    313
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Re: Battletoads,

    Regardless of it being made by RARE, I'm sure for TV shows/Movies, etc they would need further licensing agreements, no?

    That's why I wouldn't expect shit games like Home Alone popping up anytime soon.

  3. #13
    Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    228
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Super Mancyland
    Posts
    19,075
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164

    I enjoyed Home Allone
    It falls under the same part as Spiderman 2 in trems of licened games (ie good but not to good)
    I think you where thinkin of home improvment
    That falls into the ET braket of licenced games
    (Ie total and complete shite)


    You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

    Spoiler Alert!

    @D_Bloke - My inane prattle


  4. #14
    Cimmerian Conan the Librarian's Avatar
    Member #
    15415
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    569
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.McCloud
    "Here's an idea! Lets release all of our good games as soon as possible and for the next 5 years just release crappy ones!"

    Stop complaining...seriously.
    no! I have a better idea! Lets give everyone all of our bad games, so for the next five years, we will get one good game a year! That sounds way better. Thats what they advertised right? We can "tap into a classic gaming library" of only bad games.

    Do you hang out on DIY websites, telling people not to complain about General Electric when the say their stove isnt working? "Guys, stop complaining seriously, General Electric is the greatest company on earth and can do no harm".

    The only VC news is bad news....so thats what people are talking about right now. Deal with it.
    DigitalDJ still uses Wiichat. IF YOU SEE HIM LET HIM KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalldj
    we will obliterate your country, you have nothing, we are everything america is the cancer, islam is the answe
    fire shall rain down upon you and cleanse your dark soul, I hope we shall never meet because pain will come in hastly fasion, do not attempt to engage worms shall devour your soul while the pure above laugh and curse your name until the day your family bloodline no longer walks the earth

  5. #15
    Got lifeboat? sremick's Avatar
    Member #
    27061
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    1,130
    Friends
    25
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I haven't paid for a single VC game. I got my Wii to play Wii games. I got my fill of playing the older games back when they were current, on their native consoles.

    But I have no problem with people who love VC games. My friend who introduced me to the Wii has a ton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

  6. #16
    Super Ninjarator Foxy's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    20731
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,700
    Friends
    22
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan the Librarian
    no! I have a better idea! Lets give everyone all of our bad games, so for the next five years, we will get one good game a year! That sounds way better. Thats what they advertised right? We can "tap into a classic gaming library" of only bad games.

    Do you hang out on DIY websites, telling people not to complain about General Electric when the say their stove isnt working? "Guys, stop complaining seriously, General Electric is the greatest company on earth and can do no harm".

    The only VC news is bad news....so thats what people are talking about right now. Deal with it.
    It's like they all expect 2 of the greatest games ever, each week. Now we know that's not going to happen. It has to be balanced out because if we only released amazing games eventually we'll run out and then what will people do, complain for a straight 4 years?

  7. #17
    Blades Of Steel CrowTRobot's Avatar
    Member #
    11895
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    327
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    The difference is these are RE-RELEASES. I'm going to buy Yoshi's Island regardless of when it comes out.

    It would be impossible to complain once all the "good games" are released because we would have nothing to complain about. It's not like after all the games are released we're going to say, "Nintendo really should have waited a few months in between Super Punchout and Pilotwings 64."

    I'd be more inclined to try these "experimental rarities" if I had already purchased all the games I wanted anyway. I would say, ok, I've got all the games I think are great, let's try out some of these ones I've never heard of.

    What bothers you so much about people voicing a reasonable opinion? Is it free thought? Or the fact that these people don't match your ridiculous post count?
    Last edited by CrowTRobot; 03-21-2008 at 12:50 PM.
    "Kids, let me tell you about another so-called "wicked" guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas, and he didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was... I forget. But the point is... well, I forget that too. Marge, you know who I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?"

  8. #18
    WiiChat Member KHgamer's Avatar
    Member #
    52209
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    202
    Friends
    3
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    Wow!

    Quote Originally Posted by CrowTRobot
    The difference is these are RE-RELEASES. I'm going to buy Yoshi's Island regardless of when it comes out.

    It would be impossible to complain once all the "good games" are released because we would have nothing to complain about. It's not like after all the games are released we're going to say, "Nintendo really should have waited a few months in between Super Punchout and Pilotwings 64."

    I'd be more inclined to try these "experimental rarities" if I had already purchased all the games I wanted anyway. I would say, ok, I've got all the games I think are great, let's try out some of these ones I've never heard of.

    What bothers you so much about people voicing a reasonable opinion? Is it free thought? Or the fact that these people don't match your ridiculous post count?

    DAMNNNN. he told u capt.Mcloud! well anyways, lets calm down. theres gonna be games u like and games u dont like on vc. so y all the fuss?

  9. #19
    semi-pro thumb jockey skidmarx's Avatar
    Member #
    24023
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    1,267
    Friends
    35
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    Yeah guys, this got a little blown out of proportion. I was only trying to be funny. The whole "VC sucks argument" is old enough anyway.

  10. #20
    Super Ninjarator Foxy's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    20731
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,700
    Friends
    22
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowTRobot
    The difference is these are RE-RELEASES. I'm going to buy Yoshi's Island regardless of when it comes out.
    But if you that hyped about a new game wouldn't it be the same circumstance...like Brawl...everyone kept complaining about delays and such.


    It would be impossible to complain once all the "good games" are released because we would have nothing to complain about. It's not like after all the games are released we're going to say, "Nintendo really should have waited a few months in between Super Punchout and Pilotwings 64."
    No, but once all your eagerly anticipated titles are gone what are you going to do once bored...? Wait for the next big game? Oh wait..they are all already gone and now there is nothing left...but...bad games

    I'd be more inclined to try these "experimental rarities" if I had already purchased all the games I wanted anyway. I would say, ok, I've got all the games I think are great, let's try out some of these ones I've never heard of.
    Games you've never heard of are besides the point, we're talking about all good games. Once they are out and everyone is bored..then wait...no more sales.

    What bothers you so much about people voicing a reasonable opinion?
    Nothing bothers me about people voicing their thoughts..but now you're countering me...aren't you doing the same? It's a two way street buddy

    Is it free thought?
    I'm quite the oppressive dictator aren't I?

    Or the fact that these people don't match your ridiculous post count?
    My post count is irrelevant and nothing to do with this, it is you bringing it up, not me so looks like you're the one bothered by post counts.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts