+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Expensive?

Haz
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbag
    That’s not true a ROM is the binary image dumped from the EPROMs on the cartridge PCB. If I dump an N64 ROM any emulator should be able to support it. I would venture to guess that the only difference with the Wii ROMs is that they contain encrypted information in the header of the ROM containing your Wii's serial #. This is something that could easily be inserted by patching the ROM before copying it to a SanDisk. Eventually someone may come up with a means of installing your own emulators its been done with the Dreamcast and Xbox.
    Well if you get it to work.... please let us all know. For this to work, you would need to fully understand the functions behind the Virtual Console, which aren't made public. It would be a case of stripping the VC back to basic to see how it is emulating the games.

Write like a four year old and I'll treat you as such – Haz, proudly supporting correct use of English and grammar on the forums.
    Think before posting – Ask a dumb question and prepare to be owned.

FYI - Internet is always a capital I. Look it up!

Member #
    Friends
    Nintendo has to make profit somehow.

Member #
    Friends
    Think of it this way. After FINDING one of these systems, you will have to buy it, THEN you have to buy the game. With the risk of the system dying (which some old systems do) and/or breaking it and/or loosing the game. They save you all that. Buy games you want..5 bucks for the first zelda? Hell yes. 10 bucks for Super Mario 64? Hell yes.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Didn't take long VC has already been hacked. On the website there's a video showing how to execute the hack. No mods required.

Welcome :: DESTRUCTOID :: Hardcore gaming blog

Emulators run on the Wii. Virtual Console gets served!
    12 comments by Niero on 11.22.2006

Apparently, I'm not the only guy who thought eight dollars for Altered Beast on the Wii was criminal. My solution? Throwing a hissyfit on my sofa and buying it anyway. This guy? He found an old hack to load emulators, bypassing Wii micropayments forever. Virtual Console just got served, Shasta McNasty style.

A clever fox named NitrousXP used a five year old hack to run vintage games using a GameCube Action Replay disk. In this instructional video, he simply loads the software from SDLoad with pirated roms sitting in his flash card, then effortlessly illustrates how to play Super Nintendo games not yet available on the Wii VC (using SNES9X). Surely, more emulators also work with this hack for the uber impatient and loose of morals. That's so dirty!

The hack doesn't require any modding and the components easy to find; roughly $50 total. Apparently the program is also capable of making the virtual GameCube part of your LAN and loading roms from a network path with a broadband adapter. Check out this Wiki about it. Double dirty!

Is Virtual Console doomed? Nah. Morality, lazyness, obscurity, and sheer usability will spare Nintendo's retro project. I'm writing this off as an odd hack that only dastardly Sony fanboys will employ. But it's a sign of trouble to come -- especially since VC still doesn't have a single good Mario title and Nintendo is being annoyingly strategic about releasing games on it. If this hack does take off and the demand for emulation is that high, it will be their own damn fault.

Hey Reggie, hurry up -- a mob is forming.

Member #
    Friends
    I just wish they did a 10 bucks a month thing and allow you to play any of them you want.

Member #
    Friends
    It's all cheap to me. If $10 bucks is the most for a single game then I'll take all the N64, NES, SNES, Genesis, etc. game that have.
    You received the Master Sword!... Again? *angry sigh* *tosses*

Member #
    Friends
    4378-1687-7846-0698
    I think the prices are fine. Although lower prices would be cool.......

Member #
    Friends
    5237-9997-5628-7832
    I just feel that if they dont make the games more affordable, they are going to have a lot of people loading their own emulators on the Wii.

Games: Zelda Twilight Princess, Red Steel, Dragon Ball Z Budokai 2,SSX Blur, Splinter Cell Double Agent, Need for Speed Carbon, Wii Play, Excite Truck, Elebits, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Prince of Persia Rival Swords, Rayman Raving Rabbits, Super Paper Mario, Warioware Smooth Moves, Metal Slug Anthology

Member #
    Friends
    I cant help but laugh that people actually think they should charge a dollar for some games.

TBH the games are affordable, how many are you actually going to buy. Out of the launch lineup in europe I havent particularly seen anything I would even have owned on the original consoles ffs(I tell a lie F-Zero and sonic are there).

Certified Public Asshole Kamikaze's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    F-Zero and Sonic are possibly the greatest games on the Virtual Console right now, and I've downloaded a title called Bonk's Adventure. If you're interested in games that have a flash style and a simple control mechanism, Bonk's Adventure is the deal. You're a caveman, headbutting dinosaurs and headbutting dinosaur bosses along the way. Reason I don't have F-Zero yet is simply because I do not have a classic controller.

If I don't know you, and if I don't talk to you on the forums, don't send me a friend request. I won't add you and will not give you an explanation.

Ads