LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: tecmo bo

  1. #1
    WiiChat Member kramer840's Avatar
    Member #
    58871
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    23
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    tecmo bo

    the first VC game i downloaded was tecmo bowl. i know that nintendo can't use NFL team or player names anymore, but they've kept the player's jersey numbers and stats pretty much the same. why isn't "tecmo bo" dominant in any way/shape/matter/form? half the fun of playing the game was playing as him.

  2. #2
    Cimmerian Conan the Librarian's Avatar
    Member #
    15415
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    569
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by kramer840 View Post
    the first VC game i downloaded was tecmo bowl. i know that nintendo can't use NFL team or player names anymore, but they've kept the player's jersey numbers and stats pretty much the same. why isn't "tecmo bo" dominant in any way/shape/matter/form? half the fun of playing the game was playing as him.
    As this sites self proclaimed Tecmo master......WTF are you talking about?!?!?!?!?!?

    You just made all fans of the game appear 134509182347X more stupid.

    What do you want? Nintendo to retire numbers 1-99?

    Who is him? It sounds like you are reffering to a foootball player in a Biblical sense........LT?????

    Why would a game frmo 1994 be dominant in any way shape or form in 2009???

    You just made fans of American Football look even worse than they already make themselves look.

    I've been a season ticket holder for the Jacksonville Jags since '05, so dont be confused, I'm a fan. Some of you retards need to disappear tho.

    I've had so many bad experiences and violent run-is I cant even count them.
    DigitalDJ still uses Wiichat. IF YOU SEE HIM LET HIM KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalldj
    we will obliterate your country, you have nothing, we are everything america is the cancer, islam is the answe
    fire shall rain down upon you and cleanse your dark soul, I hope we shall never meet because pain will come in hastly fasion, do not attempt to engage worms shall devour your soul while the pure above laugh and curse your name until the day your family bloodline no longer walks the earth

  3. #3
    Senior Member Napalmbrain's Avatar
    Member #
    43
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    4,286
    Friends
    15
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by kramer840 View Post
    the first VC game i downloaded was tecmo bowl. i know that nintendo can't use NFL team or player names anymore, but they've kept the player's jersey numbers and stats pretty much the same. why isn't "tecmo bo" dominant in any way/shape/matter/form? half the fun of playing the game was playing as him.
    They couldn't include the real names for licensing reasons.



    I never add friend codes.

    Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.


  4. #4
    Cimmerian Conan the Librarian's Avatar
    Member #
    15415
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    569
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain View Post
    They couldn't include the real names for licensing reasons.
    Thats the only clear thought he actually put out there. He knows that the names and teams are no longer.
    DigitalDJ still uses Wiichat. IF YOU SEE HIM LET HIM KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalldj
    we will obliterate your country, you have nothing, we are everything america is the cancer, islam is the answe
    fire shall rain down upon you and cleanse your dark soul, I hope we shall never meet because pain will come in hastly fasion, do not attempt to engage worms shall devour your soul while the pure above laugh and curse your name until the day your family bloodline no longer walks the earth

  5. #5
    Senior Member Napalmbrain's Avatar
    Member #
    43
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    4,286
    Friends
    15
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan the Librarian View Post
    Thats the only clear thought he actually put out there. He knows that the names and teams are no longer.
    So why bring up the subject?



    I never add friend codes.

    Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.


  6. #6
    WiiChat Member kramer840's Avatar
    Member #
    58871
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    23
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan the Librarian View Post
    As this sites self proclaimed Tecmo master......WTF are you talking about?!?!?!?!?!?

    You just made all fans of the game appear 134509182347X more stupid.

    What do you want? Nintendo to retire numbers 1-99?

    Who is him? It sounds like you are reffering to a foootball player in a Biblical sense........LT?????

    Why would a game frmo 1994 be dominant in any way shape or form in 2009???

    You just made fans of American Football look even worse than they already make themselves look.

    I've been a season ticket holder for the Jacksonville Jags since '05, so dont be confused, I'm a fan. Some of you retards need to disappear tho.

    I've had so many bad experiences and violent run-is I cant even count them.
    first off, you look even dumber for saying the game came out in 1994. it came out in '89. second, i asked about a single player, not the game as a whole, you stupid cocksucker. i know a game from 1989 can't compare to today's games. jesus christ! "tecmo bo" is the nickname given to bo jackson's character in the game. that's why i titled the thread as such. read this http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/...simmons/030821 if you want to learn more about him. and nice job buying season tickets for a shitty football team. money well spent. asshole.

    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain View Post
    So why bring up the subject?
    because half the fun of playing the game was running plays for bo jackson and having him run over everyone and break 90 tackles, even when his play got called. in the VC game, #34 is still pretty fast, but he can't break tackles for shit. many of the other teams (like san francisco) are still as good as in the original game. you would think nintendo would keep the spirit of bo alive for the VC.
    Wii code: 1197 0443 4245 5871

    David Gilmour>your favorite guitarist

  7. #7
    Senior Member Napalmbrain's Avatar
    Member #
    43
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    4,286
    Friends
    15
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by kramer840 View Post
    because half the fun of playing the game was running plays for bo jackson and having him run over everyone and break 90 tackles, even when his play got called. in the VC game, #34 is still pretty fast, but he can't break tackles for shit. many of the other teams (like san francisco) are still as good as in the original game. you would think nintendo would keep the spirit of bo alive for the VC.
    Can't you just pretend he has his old name or something? I mean, as a NES game it wasn't very realistic to begin with.



    I never add friend codes.

    Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.


  8. #8
    Cimmerian Conan the Librarian's Avatar
    Member #
    15415
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    569
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by kramer840 View Post
    first off, you look even dumber for saying the game came out in 1994. it came out in '89. second, i asked about a single player, not the game as a whole, you stupid cocksucker. i know a game from 1989 can't compare to today's games. jesus christ! "tecmo bo" is the nickname given to bo jackson's character in the game. that's why i titled the thread as such. read this http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/...simmons/030821 if you want to learn more about him. and nice job buying season tickets for a shitty football team. money well spent. asshole.



    because half the fun of playing the game was running plays for bo jackson and having him run over everyone and break 90 tackles, even when his play got called. in the VC game, #34 is still pretty fast, but he can't break tackles for shit. many of the other teams (like san francisco) are still as good as in the original game. you would think nintendo would keep the spirit of bo alive for the VC.
    People shouldnt start dumb-ass threads cluttering the site and wasting bandwidth.

    Your first post above sounds like a first grader wrote it, and I wouldnt go around assuming anyone knew what you were talking about when you say "why cant we play as him"? We arent mind readers. There are tons of Tecmo Bowl threads on here already where people communicated ideas back and forth.

    I dont give a shit what your pet names are for jack shit. Just go read your original post again. It should explain itself. Thats why I accused you of being a typical dumb-ass football fan from the ESPN culture.

    Really the game came out in 1989? Well, everyone dressed like a jackass and listened to Kid and Play from 1987-1994 so it really didnt make a difference to me which random year I threw out there. I could have just looked on my ****ing game cartridge if I needed to report more accurately to you.

    Bo Jackson sucks anyways. Too Injury prone and over-hyped. You just thought he was a bad-ass because he was in commercials, much like the modern day idiot praises Vince Young and Reggie Bush. While I'm at it both the Raiders and the K.C Royals suck.

    I have a Donruss Bo Jackson Rookie card and its worth about $10. Why is that again?

    Jacksonville Jaguars:The Jaguars, in fact, have become one of the most consistently competitive teams in the league, with seven winning campaigns in 13 NFL seasons and enviable consistency: three leading quarterbacks and two head coaches over 13 years is fairly rare, and also quite necessary in a league where institutional stability seems to preface onfield success. The fact that such a young franchise boasts the league’s 8th-best winning percentage is a tribute to this consistency. Also made an expansion-team record four playoff appearances in its first five years in the league. Went to AFC Championship game in 1999.

    The Jags were also voted in the top 5 last year of ALL PROFESSIONAL SPORTS FRANCHISES by ESPN as the top game day experience, which is attributed to the Jags High win percentages, lowest ticket prices in the NFL, and state-of-the art facilities, etc. Thats out of NFL, NHL, MLB, and NBA.

    The Raiders? picked dead last in your division every year.


    BOTTOM LINE: I WILL **** YOU AND PUZZY BO JACKSON UP AT TECMO BOWL.


    BTW, Bo Jackson = Marcus Allen < LT < Thurman Thomas
    Last edited by Conan the Librarian; 04-10-2009 at 09:52 AM.
    DigitalDJ still uses Wiichat. IF YOU SEE HIM LET HIM KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalldj
    we will obliterate your country, you have nothing, we are everything america is the cancer, islam is the answe
    fire shall rain down upon you and cleanse your dark soul, I hope we shall never meet because pain will come in hastly fasion, do not attempt to engage worms shall devour your soul while the pure above laugh and curse your name until the day your family bloodline no longer walks the earth

  9. #9
    WiiChat Member kramer840's Avatar
    Member #
    58871
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    23
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan the Librarian View Post
    People shouldnt start dumb-ass threads cluttering the site and wasting bandwidth.

    Your first post above sounds like a first grader wrote it, and I wouldnt go around assuming anyone knew what you were talking about when you say "why cant we play as him"? We arent mind readers. There are tons of Tecmo Bowl threads on here already where people communicated ideas back and forth.

    I dont give a shit what your pet names are for jack shit. Just go read your original post again. It should explain itself. Thats why I accused you of being a typical dumb-ass football fan from the ESPN culture.

    Really the game came out in 1989? Well, everyone dressed like a jackass and listened to Kid and Play from 1987-1994 so it really didnt make a difference to me which random year I threw out there. I could have just looked on my ****ing game cartridge if I needed to report more accurately to you.


    Bo Jackson sucks anyways. Too Injury prone and over-hyped. You just thought he was a bad-ass because he was in commercials, much like the modern day idiot praises Vince Young and Reggie Bush. While I'm at it both the Raiders and the K.C Royals suck.

    I have a Donruss Bo Jackson Rookie card and its worth about $10. Why is that again?

    Jacksonville Jaguars:The Jaguars, in fact, have become one of the most consistently competitive teams in the league, with seven winning campaigns in 13 NFL seasons and enviable consistency: three leading quarterbacks and two head coaches over 13 years is fairly rare, and also quite necessary in a league where institutional stability seems to preface onfield success. The fact that such a young franchise boasts the league’s 8th-best winning percentage is a tribute to this consistency. Also made an expansion-team record four playoff appearances in its first five years in the league. Went to AFC Championship game in 1999.

    The Jags were also voted in the top 5 last year of ALL PROFESSIONAL SPORTS FRANCHISES by ESPN as the top game day experience, which is attributed to the Jags High win percentages, lowest ticket prices in the NFL, and state-of-the art facilities, etc. Thats out of NFL, NHL, MLB, and NBA.

    The Raiders? picked dead last in your division every year.


    BOTTOM LINE: I WILL **** YOU AND PUZZY BO JACKSON UP AT TECMO BOWL.


    BTW, Bo Jackson = Marcus Allen < LT < Thurman Thomas

    i'm glad you went on such a diatribe on this. first, being the self-professed master of tecmo bowl you claim to be, you should've known when the game came out and why there is such reverance for "tecmo bo". outside of that, i could give 2 shits about bo jackson or the LA/oakland raiders. second, when you have to talk about "game-day experience" and "1999 afc championship" to prop up your favorite football team (which shows how unknowledgable a fan you are, since they went to the '96 afc title game as well), then you know it's time to pack it in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain View Post
    Can't you just pretend he has his old name or something? I mean, as a NES game it wasn't very realistic to begin with.
    you're missing the point completely. he could be named "conan the homosexual librarian" for all i care. the fact nintendo took away the fun of playing with the character while keeping just about everything else the same is kind of a rip off.
    Wii code: 1197 0443 4245 5871

    David Gilmour>your favorite guitarist

  10. #10
    Cimmerian Conan the Librarian's Avatar
    Member #
    15415
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    569
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by kramer840 View Post
    i'm glad you went on such a diatribe on this. first, being the self-professed master of tecmo bowl you claim to be, you should've known when the game came out and why there is such reverance for "tecmo bo". outside of that, i could give 2 shits about bo jackson or the LA/oakland raiders. second, when you have to talk about "game-day experience" and "1999 afc championship" to prop up your favorite football team (which shows how unknowledgable a fan you are, since they went to the '96 afc title game as well), then you know it's time to pack it in.



    you're missing the point completely. he could be named "conan the homosexual librarian" for all i care. the fact nintendo took away the fun of playing with the character while keeping just about everything else the same is kind of a rip off.
    whoa whoa, just cuz I threw out a year while mocking you doesnt mean I dont know what year it was made dickhead, and anyone can know real quick when they are sitting at a computer right? so no point in arguing that. I know it wasnt 94 you stupid piece of shit, cuz TEcmo Super Bowl was before 1994 and they didnt really make many NES games at that point did they?!@?! ?? Also, My team came out in 95......so now we all know the time frame right??? ok.

    Ouch you got me. Jags fans have the 99 season stuck up their asses because we were 14-2 our best record.........its kind of a Freudian slip

    Im glad you have time to sit here and research my favorite team. That doesnt change our winning record.

    Keep going on and on about tecmo "bo"......please......I dont think we get it yet. Bo Jackson is just as good as the other star running backs in the game. I will kick your ass with any team and you can use Tecmo BO.

    YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT. IT IS THE SAME GAME, WITH THE NAME BLANKED OUT FOR THE PLAYERS........SO YOU CAN SUCK YOUR THUMB WITH ALL OF YOUR BASEBALL CARDS SPREAD OUT AROUND YOU AND PRETEND IT SAYS 'BO JACKSON'. GET IT? you arent the only fan of a player on one of the rosters in that game.

    Its not the first VC hardship we have had to go through, so we dont care about your Bo Jackson fantasies.

    Hey, I just went back and read your original post so I could remember what a dumbass you are.
    Last edited by Conan the Librarian; 04-10-2009 at 12:24 PM.
    DigitalDJ still uses Wiichat. IF YOU SEE HIM LET HIM KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalldj
    we will obliterate your country, you have nothing, we are everything america is the cancer, islam is the answe
    fire shall rain down upon you and cleanse your dark soul, I hope we shall never meet because pain will come in hastly fasion, do not attempt to engage worms shall devour your soul while the pure above laugh and curse your name until the day your family bloodline no longer walks the earth

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts