LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    So what do you press to register as the Z button now?

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    i dont know if i can explain this.

on the virtual console the games for n64 have different button mapping for gamecube controller.in zelda when you use the gamecube controller, to ztarget you have to press L...because z on the gaamecube controller is not in a comfortable place.
    Wii Games: Mario Glaxay 1&2, Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart wii, wii sports, wii play, Wii Party, Force Unleashed 1, Godzilla Unleashed, indiana jones:SoK Wii, Metriod:Trilogy, TMNT:Smash-Up, CoD:Reflex&black ops,NSMBwii, Link's zapper training,goldeneye,tomb raider anniversary,metroid otherM.

Member #
    Friends
    Oh that is retarded ...

Member #
    Friends
    I pulled apart my N64 controller today, and what I seeing is the buttons just complete a circuit - one wire in - one wire out. If I can just rewire it to swap the two buttons, I think it will function just fine - If it works I'll take pics - post them - and do a walkthrough. It should be super easy though.

Member #
    Friends
    i dont think its that simple...

in order to play super mario 64 you need a certain mapping... to play smash bros 64 you need it slightly different(R must be Z) if you want to grab with r..although you can grab with z+a...

the people at gtron couldnt do it and komodo couldnt do it either. they guy at ralpnet says you need a little software to change button mappings.
    Last edited by FloYdian; 12-28-2009 at 05:48 PM.
    Wii Games: Mario Glaxay 1&2, Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart wii, wii sports, wii play, Wii Party, Force Unleashed 1, Godzilla Unleashed, indiana jones:SoK Wii, Metriod:Trilogy, TMNT:Smash-Up, CoD:Reflex&black ops,NSMBwii, Link's zapper training,goldeneye,tomb raider anniversary,metroid otherM.

Member #
    Friends
    You said that Z and L have been reversed, so I will reverse their wires, so I will hit Z, but it will register as L - I am just "un-reversing" what VC does?

P.S. I only really care about Zelda OoC + Mario 64 - I can change Z/L/R by changing the wires around, I also have 2 controllers - If needed I'll just rewire each for each game xD (But I think reversing Z and L will be fine for everything?)

Member #
    Friends
    yeah

Member #
    Friends
    I'll take some pics and make a guide when I do it. It's just soldering 4 joints.

SOH
    Member #
    Friends
    I got one of these so I could play Genesis games. I have two 6-button pads and it won't let me set any of the free buttons as Menu so I have to set either A B C or Start as Menu and therefore can't use them when I'm trying to play a game. Can somebody help? Ideally I'd like to be able to just eliminate Menu...

Member #
    Friends
    its not going to work with the 6 button i think . only 3 button ones.

Ads