LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by shrimpy20
    I've downloaded "Gunstar Heroes" off the "Wii Shop Channel" and I've had no problems playing it so far.
    Do you have an LCD or Plasma screen? So far, the problems are with NES and SNES games on an LCD or Plasma.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    I have the same problem. Got the component cables on a 32inch LCD TV. Set to 480p and some of the VC games dont have video! Do any of you think that Nintendo will release a patch, or is this just something we have to live with?

If this only happens with games pre-N64, as mario64 works fine, I might be able to live with it. As I just want to play all the classic N64 games!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by akguy53
    I finally got a call from Nintendo today. The bottom line was, "thats too bad" we haven't really heard it to be much of a problem. they suggested taking it to another tv and use on that one. I explained the game was my son's and we wanted to play it on his set and not move have to unplug all the cords, take it apart and move it to another room to play VC games. I told him about this board and the fact that it was not an Isolated incident. Oh, by the way, they were responding to my third email I sent that threatened going to the press or CNET with the problem
    Nintendo of Australia doesn't even quote an email addy on their site. They expect you to call and then tell you 'that they can't do anything based on a phone call and that you should fax them so that they can forward it to the appropriate area'.

Fax! I mean really, it's practically 2007! I'm soooo steamed!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by dossaer
    Nintendo of Australia doesn't even quote an email addy on their site. They expect you to call and then tell you 'that they can't do anything based on a phone call and that you should fax them so that they can forward it to the appropriate area'.

Fax! I mean really, it's practically 2007! I'm soooo steamed!
    I got the email from the web site. I left them the issue with my phone numbers. Here is the link to the phone numbers and to email:

http://www.nintendo.com/contact

Member #
    Friends
    This is a major problem that has been posted a few times. I'm sure Nintendo is aware and are figuring out a solution right now, but they never speak too soon. Nintendo will eventually address this issue -and like the wrist straps, they are going to take their sweet time.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by miiplaywii
    This is a major problem that has been posted a few times. I'm sure Nintendo is aware and are figuring out a solution right now, but they never speak too soon. Nintendo will eventually address this issue -and like the wrist straps, they are going to take their sweet time.
    I understand there is a problem they were not aware of. Now they know about it and are still acting as if it is not there. They are allowing people to purchase, using hard earned dollars, items from them that they now know, may very well not work on that persons equipment. Don't you think they should at least post a warning on Wii shop like
    "Warning! Games purchased from the Wii shop may not work on LCD or Plasma screens. We will let you know when we fix it. Buy at your own risk!"

Member #
    Friends
    Just an update. I got my component cables today from a guy on Ebay I bought them from. I paid $20 for them with shipping. They work great and they immediately worked to fix the problems with the VC games. I now can play all the games with no problem

Member #
    Friends
    Bumping this, because I have the same problem.

I purchased a Samsung 32" LCD HDTV the other day, and VC games display find using the packaged composite cable. Today I went out and got the official component, not only for Zelda/future games, but also for Castlevania IV which is one of my favorite games.

But I don't get any display in 480p, or any other mode for that matter. I have to switch to composite for it to display properly. I don't understand this, as I haven't really seen a lot of people with the same problem (this thread is probably the most conclusive I could find), and it seems to be confined to Europe, as far as I can tell.

No one has heard anything from Nintendo or anyone? None of the work-arounds I've found on the net work for me. I'd really like to solve this, as it's getting on my nerves.

Member #
    Friends
    Another bumb i guess, but ok.
    I'm also having this problem, everything works fine with the composite cables (on a tatung 32 emro, 32inch lcd HD-ready tv). But as soon as i switch to component cables my nes and sega megadrive games stop working. When i boot them up the tv will say unsupported, it does display the menu you get by pressing the home button with the game in the back, like with all of you.
    Also here, turbo gfx1 16 games do work, I haven't tested N64 games yet but if they work for you the probably also work here. Anyways, i hope they fix this soon, cause i hate swapping the cables everytime but i also hate the composite quality on my LCD-tv

Member #
    Friends
    4655-2810-0795-9892
    Bumping again..

Same Problem I can use the composite and all will work fine.. but as soon as i use teh Component cables bam.. "Not supported!"..

Any1 know if they will ever fix this damn issue..

It's really stupid i have to change leads just to play VC games..

If any1 gets a reply from Nintendo.. anything like "it will be fixed by..." please post thanks.
    Last edited by spirit0flight; 01-07-2007 at 06:10 AM.

Ads