Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6390-2874-0535-4544
    Is it just on Virtual Console games?

Well do you?

Member #
    Friends
    Hi, I found this forum while searching for video issues with the virtual console.

When I load up VC games (Pre N64) I end up with a blank green screen - sound familiar? After awhile the home button turns on showing the game in the background so I click 'close' and the screen reverts back to blank/green.

Messing with the settings doesn't work. I tried different combinations of 4:3, widescreen, 480i, 576i, 480p, and all I got was the same shitty blank green screen.

I'm using the official Component cable on a Samsung 940mw. I've also tried the Mad Katz and Blaze component cable but neither work - composite works fine.

Iíve emailed Nintendo of Europe but they havenít replied so I assume they donít give a shit.

It's almost like they want people to download their games illegally. I mean, I'd prefer to pay but look at the hassle it's caused - and we still haven't got a 60hz option. It's 2007 Nintendo not 1986. If you want to sell old games then update them for christ sake.
    Last edited by Ninja John Wayne; 01-13-2007 at 01:05 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    I'm also having problems with displaying VC games in 480p on my plasma. I've got component cables, and normal Wii stuff works great, but when I try Sonic, DKC or Castlevania then my tv switches to 640 x 200 @ 50Hz and the bottom third of the picture disappears of the screen. R-Type on the other hand works fine. I wonder why? I hope Nintendo get this fixed as I'm not buying any more VC games until it is, and I'm definitely not swapping tellys or cables just to be able to play 20 year old games.

Member #
    Friends
    This problem is NOT limited to HD LCD's / Plasma's.

Had the same issue arise with Gunstar Heroes on my 28" CRT (connected via composite to SCART). It did clear with a reset, however, and hasn't yet repeated.

Methinks Nintendo may have a BIG problem on their hands

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by nannypants
    I'm also having problems with displaying VC games in 480p on my plasma. I've got component cables, and normal Wii stuff works great, but when I try Sonic, DKC or Castlevania then my tv switches to 640 x 200 @ 50Hz and the bottom third of the picture disappears of the screen. R-Type on the other hand works fine. I wonder why?
    R-Type runs at 60hz which is probably why it works fine on your tv. The rest of the games are the shit 50hz pal version - See US sonic vs uk Sonic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0llsb77Esc

If they'd just give us a 60hz option non of this would be happening...

Member #
    Friends
    I hope that works. I haven't tried it in that order.
    Mine is doing some of the above mentioned things. I have a 37in lcd flat screen but i have the mad catz component cables.
    ZELDA looks awsome by the way with the cables folks! Anywho, my VC games - turn on then the wii home menu comes up, like if you're looking for the settings for your wii remote. And usually the game is stuck where it last left off. I switched back to the regular cables and the home menu came up again but then i just hit reset. asks " do you want to reset software? " (all unsaved info will be lost) hit YES. and it starts right up. switched back to the component cables. black screens, distorted line screens, sound but no game play. So, i'm gonna go get the original cables instead of the mad catz ones and see what happens. and i'll try this lil 1 - 5 step.
    Thanks!

Member #
    Friends
    I'm in the same boat. Everything worked fine with the composite cables supplied with the consoles, however seeing as i am using a 32" HD ready LCD TV i wasn't getting a great picture and decided to invest in the component cables.

Everything worked great and picture was much improved until i tried to play Super Mario Bros. Screen goes blank as if there is no picture, but like with everyone else when i hit the home button the menu comes up with the game in the background. Its the same for Zelda, however Mario 64 works fine.

I really hope nintendo do something about this as its quite annoying having to switch to an inferior quality connection just to play VC games.

For anyone gathering information on this, my Component cables are non-official. I was considering trying the official nintendo ones but seeing as some people are having the same problems i don't think i will bother giving nintendo my £25 seeing as they haven't even acknowledged this issue.

Member #
    Friends
    I just brought Street Fighter II, I go to play it and... i get the same problem as you guys. No way picture and a msg from my tv saying format not supported.
    i gt no picture waht so ever, but pressing home button does bring up the menu bit but once i try too continue game again my TV cuts out again.

i just brought sonic just to test my tv out with other games and that works... well sort of, you can play the game fine but whenever you press the home button and then try get back into the game i get the same msg from my TV.
    Format not supported

tis very strange and extreamly annoying

Member #
    Friends

Not limited to LCD. Plasma, or component

I connected the Wii to a 27" crt type tv (hitachi), using the composite RCA cables that came with the unit and the same thing happens that is described by many of you. Sound from the game is heard but the screen is blank when using virtual console. Current Wii games work fine.

Member #
    Friends

The COMPONENT Blues..

I have the same problem here Turbo grafix games working but no Super Mario. I dont want to have to swith cables that defies the whole point of VC games. I hope Nintendo bring out a firmware update soon to fix this issue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ads