LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    WiiChat Member Dev/Null's Avatar
    Member #
    4641
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    64
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    Can UKers buy points in dollars?

    2000 Wii points cost 20USD and in the UK they cost 15. It would be cheaper for me to buy the points in dollars, can I do this and still download the games in the UK? I'm guessing I can't buy them in dollars through the channel but if I get my aunt in the US to buy them in physical form and give me the code will it work?
    Last edited by Dev/Null; 11-26-2006 at 09:04 AM.

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    A li'l bit different Squall7's Avatar
    Member #
    89
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,743
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Dev/Null
    2000 Wii points cost 20USD and in the UK they cost 15. It would be cheaper for me to buy the points in dollars, can I do this and still download the games in the UK? I'm guessing I can't buy them in dollars through the channel but if I get my aunt in the US to buy them in physical form and give me the code will it work?
    Not sure, but wouldn't the cost of sending it over kinda negate the saving you'd make? Unless you buy in bulk...

    ...Or if your Aunt comes back personally...


    Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.


  4. #3
    :eek: i0n's Avatar
    Member #
    1
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,458
    Friends
    14
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Have any US point codes popped up on ebay.co.uk yet?

    Might be worth having a look.

  5. #4
    Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    137
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    London, England Rank: i-wii-sistable
    Posts
    3,592
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    o_O 15? that's almost $30, that sucks. I might have to look on ebay or something as well.

  6. #5
    WiiChat Member chessaholic's Avatar
    Member #
    1204
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    497
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    Not sure, but wouldn't the cost of sending it over kinda negate the saving you'd make? Unless you buy in bulk...

    ...Or if your Aunt comes back personally...
    Doesnt the wii points work of some kind of code that you put into the wii? i.e- manually? Hence couldnt his aunt open it, email him the code and then he put that code into his wii?

  7. #6
    WiiChat Member Dev/Null's Avatar
    Member #
    4641
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    64
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    There aren't any on ebay at the moment and I guess someone else will try it after launch so I'll find out then but if they do work I will bulk buy wii points on my annual trip to the US.

    Or if it is done by code I'll get my aunt to buy them whenever I need a top up.

  8. #7
    HITLER ME JEZ King Wiired's Avatar
    WiiChat Writer
    Member #
    907
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom Status : Stunnin'
    Posts
    5,503
    Friends
    32
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    A lil off topic, but sorta is, I know with games you can't use UK games on an American Console, vise versa etc... but what about controllers? If I wanted to could I get a Wiimote from America and use it for my UK Wii? Just wondering

  9. #8
    Haz
    Haz is offline
    Nintendo Encyclopedia Haz's Avatar
    Member #
    4028
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    720
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiired
    A lil off topic, but sorta is, I know with games you can't use UK games on an American Console, vise versa etc... but what about controllers? If I wanted to could I get a Wiimote from America and use it for my UK Wii? Just wondering
    It will work fine


    Write like a four year old and I'll treat you as such Haz, proudly supporting correct use of English and grammar on the forums.
    Think before posting Ask a dumb question and prepare to be owned.

    FYI - Internet is always a capital I. Look it up!


Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Wii Play High Scores
    By Wiily Good in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 243
    Last Post: 02-02-2013, 10:48 AM
  2. Wii Accomplishments
    By Frogfucius in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 08:11 AM
  3. Official EV Training Thread.
    By Chicagoan in forum Pokemon
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 11:24 AM
  4. All or some virtual console games coming out soon or already out!!!
    By $$Mr.Elf$$ in forum Virtual Console, WiiWare and DSIWare
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-22-2007, 04:06 AM
  5. *Updated Daily* List of VC Games
    By RivalDestiny in forum Virtual Console, WiiWare and DSIWare
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2007, 01:08 PM