Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7527 1826 6337 6464
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield Hot
    It's like you work at Best Buy you should know some of this at least pretend you know, by repeating Xbox Live information. Same things happens at GameStop all the time.

ha aite, just gotta say, i work at bestbuy, and we're trained to know OUR respective department, so if u were checkouted by a casheir, then he/she wouldnt know what that stuff (or anything else for that matter) unless they have intrest in that stuff. as for gamestop, theres no reason they shouldnt know. oh and just to brag i get wii point cards for $14.36

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd_yayo
    ha aite, just gotta say, i work at bestbuy, and we're trained to know OUR respective department, so if u were checkouted by a casheir, then he/she wouldnt know what that stuff (or anything else for that matter) unless they have intrest in that stuff. as for gamestop, theres no reason they shouldnt know. oh and just to brag i get wii point cards for $14.36
    I agree. . .generally very few Best Buy employees are more knowledgeable about their products than those of us who actually have an interest in electronics/pc's/video games. Most Best Buy employees are just smart enough to fool the average consumer into buying something more than they really want/need.

Member #
    Friends
    yeah but they redirect us to the games if we have a quesition concerning that feild
    If the Xbox 360 console falls and hits someone, especially a small child, it could cause serious injury.

Member #
    Friends
    2904-8398-4027-1949
    most common price in Ont, Canda, seems to be $24.99 which is about $21.86 US. But HMV sells theirs at $29.99. Our sale tax here is 14% (provincal and federal together).

I'm just waiting a game that I really want comes out. I'm hesitant to buy certain games like SimCity, MarioCart, or GoldenEye, because I know that similar games will come out on the Wii eventually that will make full use of the Wii features.

Member #
    Friends
    7527 1826 6337 6464
    Quote Originally Posted by csiguy4u
    Most Best Buy employees are just smart enough to fool the average consumer into buying something more than they really want/need.

haha gotta keep it real, most people are like that. not me doe, i always try to talk people into the best deal for them, stuff on sale, etc. and i know a good amount of the whole store.

Member #
    Friends
    I feel like people really should know at least a little something about everything when you work at a store. I mean let's say you work in the television department that information can carry over into computers (ex: LCD screens, TFT screens, etc) or Video Games the resolutions the consoles offer 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p etc. I know that those people are not trained specifically in other departments, but you should because that is what being a salesman is about. Thank God I don't have to work that kind of job though.

I've been to Best Buy and dealt with the sales people that try to "help" you, but they really want you buy something and I always turn down help because I know I know more than them. Sometimes I hear their sales talk with other GULLIBLE customers and I swear they just say model numbers and high performance ranges and best bang for your buck speeches and people but something they know nothing about. Like 71 year old women (the ones that know nothing about electronics) buying a 7.1 DTS Home Theatre System.

Quote Originally Posted by csiguy4u
    I agree. . .generally very few Best Buy employees are more knowledgeable about their products than those of us who actually have an interest in electronics/pc's/video games. Most Best Buy employees are just smart enough to fool the average consumer into buying something more than they really want/need.
    You received the Master Sword!... Again? *angry sigh* *tosses*

Member #
    Friends
    That is what you should do as an honest sale representative. Give them the basics of what the product can do and get them a great product and deal.

haha gotta keep it real, most people are like that. not me doe, i always try to talk people into the best deal for them, stuff on sale, etc. and i know a good amount of the whole store.
    You received the Master Sword!... Again? *angry sigh* *tosses*

Member #
    Friends
    0213-2291-6794-7610
    All of the GameStop and EB Games retailers sell the 2,000 Wii Points cards for $29.99 not including tax. Its a huge rip-off.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Redan499
    All of the GameStop and EB Games retailers sell the 2,000 Wii Points cards for $29.99 not including tax. Its a huge rip-off.
    wow, your better off just buying the points with a cred card off the shop channel
    If the Xbox 360 console falls and hits someone, especially a small child, it could cause serious injury.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Redan499

You mean all of the GameStops/Eb Games sell the 2,000 Wii Points cards for $19.99, but you have to pay tax.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=790008

Ads