LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by SixStringedStress
    Westinghouse makes some junk TVs, avoid buying them. They are cheap for a reason. I work in the home theater department for a large electronics retailer (I won't mention it but you can probably guess).
    My philosophy is to buy the cheapest electronics you can buy that work. I paid $200 for a 19" widescreen HDTV for my son to use for the Wii and DVDs. Today's electronics are disposable at any price. A week after you buy it there is something new and better. So, buy cheap. My last big purchase of a $2,500 Hitachi Projection HDTV 3 years ago. Since I got a 5 year warranty and it still works great, I will have to wait until it dies until I buy a flat screen plasma or LCD. By the time that happens I will be able to get a 60" for like $500 because something else more expensive and better will be out.

WiiChat Member SixStringedStress's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by akguy53
    My philosophy is to buy the cheapest electronics you can buy that work. I paid $200 for a 19" widescreen HDTV for my son to use for the Wii and DVDs. Today's electronics are disposable at any price. A week after you buy it there is something new and better. So, buy cheap. My last big purchase of a $2,500 Hitachi Projection HDTV 3 years ago. Since I got a 5 year warranty and it still works great, I will have to wait until it dies until I buy a flat screen plasma or LCD. By the time that happens I will be able to get a 60" for like $500 because something else more expensive and better will be out.
    I wasn't knockin' Hitatchi, I was knocking Westinghouse because we have to send back half of the units we get because it doesn't take that long for them to crap out; and when they do it's ugly. I am ashamed to sell the stupid things.

Member #
    Friends
    just thought id give an update, goo my officiall wii component cable today and the VC games still wont work!! any one have any ideas now, as this is stupid!!!

Aaron

Ads