Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzaluvr
    yes thats what he means, i don't get why they don't do it...
    Because most of the games are in no way owned by nintendo, thus meaning you would have to have those developers actually change there games.

Why would they change games that are years upon years upon years old to play online.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    5990-7343-4893-9015
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    Because most of the games are in no way owned by nintendo, thus meaning you would have to have those developers actually change there games.

Why would they change games that are years upon years upon years old to play online.
    no im talking about NEW never before played games ones specifically developed for the virtual console for download, kinda like how they are doing wiiware but they can develope a game and release it to be a channel on the wii menu and they could add online support there would be nothing to change because they would develope the game that way it just depends if the company wants to spend time and money on all those features

Member #
    Friends
    4857-5695-0490-5844
    Quote Originally Posted by komio
    no im talking about NEW never before played games ones specifically developed for the virtual console for download, kinda like how they are doing wiiware but they can develope a game and release it to be a channel on the wii menu and they could add online support there would be nothing to change because they would develope the game that way it just depends if the company wants to spend time and money on all those features
    Not a bad idea, definitely developing games for VC would be much cheaper to make.
    Start making use of the Reputation system!!!

click the scale icon under usernames (next to online/offline status) in post to give or take rep points for good or bad posts!

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...sive-info.html
    Mario Kart Friend Code: 536957-637076

Member #
    Friends
    Not a bad idea for a brand spankin new game release for the VC console. I just hope that's not what the wii was made for though. I still want my wii level nexgen games with 3d graphics and all that. vc games are awesome though, not bashing it.

Member #
    Friends
    7208-3120-7748-8023
    I'd love for multi player VC games to go online. But that'd cause more work and more money on Nintendo's size now wouldn't it? I mean imagine how many people will start playing Bomberman online, or Mario Kart, or even Smash TV... It'd require more servers for Nintendo to be set up and it'd most likely cost a pretty penny - also the fact that they'd have to set up new systems to correspond with the online play will most likely also be a pain in the ass as it'll be .. how you call it.. "not the original"; and people will criticize that its "not the same" and thus its "not worth it".

But then again; they won't do it - I somewhat doubt Nintendo will think people would care about VC online play when they'll have such games like Super Smash Brothers Brawl online :P ... well actually some might but most people won't as they're most likely not hardcore gamers ... most of Wii's target market is the "casual player" and I doubt most casual players have played Retro games ...

(But wow; Bomberman multi player... *drool*)

Member #
    Friends
    0298-8904-4509-8920
    It probably wouldn't be real hard to put these games online because if u think about it roms that you download off the net and play in emulators can be played on kalliera which is a program that lets u play old NES, SNES, Sega, Neo-Geo, Arcade, and more online with friends. so its possible but thats if Nintendo wants to put in the extra effort to do it.

Member #
    Friends
    4857-5695-0490-5844
    I think it has to do more with legality of it, like it would be basically altering someone elses work. Their own they could do it sure.

click the scale icon under usernames (next to online/offline status) in post to give or take rep points for good or bad posts!

Member #
    Friends
    5990-7343-4893-9015
    people are stupid read the post before you post, im NOT talking about changing bomberman or any other title such, im talking about developers creating a whole new game and adding online to it, i forget what interview it was in but it was stating that nintendo also wanted to leave the virtual console for other developers to create games so that they could sell them on there, im not talking about altering already exsisting titles im talking about creating NEW ones altogether and its possible. i doubt it would cost much money to do either just look at the crappy titles they are coming out with for the DS ( open season, digimon) they can just use those servers haha

Member #
    Friends
    4857-5695-0490-5844
    people are stupid read the post before you post, im NOT talking about changing bomberman or any other title such, im talking about developers creating a whole new game and adding online to it, i forget what interview it was in but it was stating that nintendo also wanted to leave the virtual console for other developers to create games so that they could sell them on there, im not talking about altering already exsisting titles im talking about creating NEW ones altogether and its possible. i doubt it would cost much money to do either just look at the crappy titles they are coming out with for the DS ( open season, digimon) they can just use those servers haha
    I think it would be great if Nintendo decides to go ahead and do that, it would open the market better for smaller developers to get some games out there.

Member #
    Friends
    7208-3120-7748-8023

What do you mean creating a whole new game and adding online to it?

Why do that; why not concentrate on the games it already has and put them online? Making new games to put them online will most likely suck in my opinion but having Tales of Symphonia Online etc would be great...

And if Nintendo made a game; It'd have a choice of adding online or not to it; period. It shouldn't make a game for it's only purpose to be online play. Such things like that would most likely be low budget projects maybe - such as the Wii Sports online or something...

Ah well.. only my opinion; so many different ways the Wii and its online capability with its functions can be adapted to new games.

Ads