+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gunstar Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4857-5695-0490-5844

Gunstar Heroes

Hey all.

I noticed a lot of people were going around saying that the VC releases lately are having 'shitty' games and stuff like that.

However I've notice this past Monday's release of one game from Sega has brought a lot of attention (at least to me) on this forum.

Gunstar Heroes

IGN has provided everyone a videos of the gameplay, ironically watching the gameplay has reminded me A LOT about Metal Slug, which my avatar is from.

Now, people who have this VC or played it in the past and has also played Metal Slug, would you say they are very similar and if you're a fan of Metal Slug would you enjoy Gunstar Heroes?

Also here is a review by IGN on Gunstar Heroes. They gave it 9 out 10
    Last edited by xbandaidx; 12-13-2006 at 11:07 AM.
    Start making use of the Reputation system!!!

click the scale icon under usernames (next to online/offline status) in post to give or take rep points for good or bad posts!

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...sive-info.html
    Mario Kart Friend Code: 536957-637076

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    just buy it. it's the best side scroller from it's period ever, possibly even still. you can not compare it to many other games for the sheer excitement, fun, and action that is going on. I spent wayyyyyy too much time with it after I bought it (last night). So much in fact I was an hour late for work today due to oversleeping.
    Buy.
    It.
    Now.

Unless you have something important coming up before Christmas, then wait because you won't want to play much else or do much else for a little while.

Member #
    Friends
    4857-5695-0490-5844
    Quote Originally Posted by jus.
    just buy it. it's the best side scroller from it's period ever, possibly even still. you can not compare it to many other games for the sheer excitement, fun, and action that is going on. I spent wayyyyyy too much time with it after I bought it (last night). So much in fact I was an hour late for work today due to oversleeping.
    Buy.
    It.
    Now.

Unless you have something important coming up before Christmas, then wait because you won't want to play much else or do much else for a little while.
    Haha, you were late to work. That's not good. Well I loved Metal Slug, and the games are extremely similar so I'll be getting it soon, I gotta finish up my college final first.

click the scale icon under usernames (next to online/offline status) in post to give or take rep points for good or bad posts!

Member #
    Friends
    4857-5695-0490-5844
    I bought the game, its actually hard. I like it, however I prefer Metal Slug over it.

Other than that its awesome gameplay, very fast paced.

But damn, its hard.
    Last edited by xbandaidx; 12-13-2006 at 08:23 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    meh, I manage my department they're pretty tolerant but FINISH YOUR FINALS FIRST YOUNG MAN!

Because yeah, it's mad addictive and you will NOT put it down. It is hard as HELL but it's the kind of hard where you know you can figure it out, it's not unfair hard or like, random death hard. It's just a deeply challenging insanely fast paced game. And it's the best thing that ever happened to side scrolling 2 player co-op games. It's definitely a Contra killer.

I'm not sure, but I don't think I've played any of the Metal Slug games (i had a PS2 last gen, so I didn't really play many games after I got sick of having to take it apart and mess with the guts after watching a couple movies on it)

Ads