Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Member wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

about downloading

On the nintendo site they mention in the hardware about downloading older games, but they mention fan favorite titles as if they will only allow popular fan-favorite games to be downloaded, will just about every game from nes/snes/n64 (they mentioned sega genesis too) be accessible? Is the fee thing a possibility as well? I really wouldnt mind a fee as long as i can get some older games that were'nt exactly the most favorable.

Member #
    Friends
    there will be fee for downloading all the vc games (except for possible freebies by voucher or something)

as for which games, i imagine they will start with the games that did well back in the day, where the line will be drawn i can't say but there is always the certainty that more can and will be added later.

from what i can tell, from a legal standpoint sega (and nintendo) can only bring over the games that they own rights to, third party developers will have to make the choice for their games but not much has been said about third party support for the vc

Video Game Enthusiast wiiwanter12's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by phimuajedi69
    there will be fee for downloading all the vc games (except for possible freebies by voucher or something)

as for which games, i imagine they will start with the games that did well back in the day, where the line will be drawn i can't say but there is always the certainty that more can and will be added later.

from what i can tell, from a legal standpoint sega (and nintendo) can only bring over the games that they own rights to, third party developers will have to make the choice for their games but not much has been said about third party support for the vc
    makes sense to me...
    I win

Member #
    Friends
    7219-3868-1848-6260
    Quote Originally Posted by phimuajedi69

Yeah I cant see Nintendo not giving some sort of freebie. Dont expect any great, just something to tease you and that will make you want to pay some of those old classics. Laugh if you may, I looking forward to Bill Lambeer's Combat Basketball. Hudson announced that they would support Nintendo. I'm hoping this is one of their games.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!
    On the nintendo site they mention in the hardware about downloading older games, but they mention fan favorite titles as if they will only allow popular fan-favorite games to be downloaded, will just about every game from nes/snes/n64 (they mentioned sega genesis too) be accessible? Is the fee thing a possibility as well? I really wouldnt mind a fee as long as i can get some older games that were'nt exactly the most favorable.
    Dude, would you have to go to a website or something to download games?

Member #
    Friends
    7219-3868-1848-6260
    Quote Originally Posted by andreas221
    Dude, would you have to go to a website or something to download games?
    Yes. Nintendo is offering online services with the Wii. Nintendo is working with Opera for internet connection. It may be located somewhere on the home page. Really dont know.

Member #
    Friends
    I wander if they will reformat the game code for the Wii to make the games compatible with the new Wii controller (think Mario).

If the games are the standard .v64 (or other current extentions) format then that's OK.

Member #
    Friends
    I looking forward to Bill Lambeer's Combat Basketball
    Man i loved that game!

Yeah I cant see Nintendo not giving some sort of freebie. Dont expect any great, just something to tease you and that will make you want to pay some of those old classics.
    You may be right, it could be a standard out of the box freebie. personally i'm hoping for a free download (ie. you get to pick your free game)

Member #
    Friends
    I can see them eventually changing games such as Mario Bros, Legend of Zelda or metroid to eventually use the wii-mote in some way, but not every game.

Member #
    Friends
    We will all learn in time my friends all learn in time

Ads