LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 257
  1. #211
    pull the trigger. AndThen?'s Avatar
    Member #
    27069
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia.
    Posts
    822
    Friends
    12
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny View Post
    Marijuana smokers could increase testicular cancer risk by 70%.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sciencean...r---study.html
    These people aren't really interested in the health risks.

  2. #212
    Shmunior Member Chewy's Avatar
    Member #
    20268
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    798
    Friends
    7
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4482-2919-0549-8845
    Quote Originally Posted by AndThen? View Post
    These people aren't really interested in the health risks.
    Kinda like people against legalization aren't interested in medicinal benefits?

    Pretty sure I already countered the usual health risk points but I'll do it again.

    There's usually just a couple of health risks that people argue:
    1. It is bad for your lungs, more carcinogens than tobacco ETC...
    Counter-point: You don't have to smoke it. If it were legal it would be much easier to obtain in smokeless form. Pretty obvious if you light a substance on fire and inhale the smoke in your lungs it's gonna be bad for you.

    2. It develops schizophrenia
    Counter-point: I'm pretty sure that if you are susceptible to get schizophrenia from smoking it you wouldn't just get it instantly. It is something that happens fairly gradually and some of the people who get schizophrenia from it continue to smoke it after they have the disorder. And also it does not cause it, but only triggers it. Many other things could have triggered it later in those people's lives.

    And then there's the study which Brawny linked to, which is just plain ridiculous. It even states in the article that the research proves nothing.
    You want to sit down but you sold your chair.
    So you just stand there.

    Xbox Live Gamertag: RizGiz

  3. #213
    Drug Addicts Unite Kiwi's Avatar
    Member #
    1717
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In your mother.
    Posts
    1,126
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2222-4356-6544-7565
    Anybody ever use a waterfall bong? works pretty good imo... lol.

  4. #214
    Banned Sovieto's Avatar
    Member #
    883
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,585
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I could use a blunt right about now...

    Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

  5. #215
    Shmunior Member Chewy's Avatar
    Member #
    20268
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    798
    Friends
    7
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4482-2919-0549-8845
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Anybody ever use a waterfall bong? works pretty good imo... lol.
    Yeah, I prefer the regular gravity bongs though(where you put a jug in a tub of water) since you have more control.

    Man I've had these eyeball headaches for what seems like as long as I've stopped smoking. Wonder if it's a coincidence or what.
    You want to sit down but you sold your chair.
    So you just stand there.

    Xbox Live Gamertag: RizGiz

  6. #216
    Kryptonightingale Sixty's Avatar
    Member #
    55650
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    267
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    Kinda like people against legalization aren't interested in medicinal benefits?

    Pretty sure I already countered the usual health risk points but I'll do it again.

    There's usually just a couple of health risks that people argue:
    1. It is bad for your lungs, more carcinogens than tobacco ETC...
    Counter-point: You don't have to smoke it. If it were legal it would be much easier to obtain in smokeless form. Pretty obvious if you light a substance on fire and inhale the smoke in your lungs it's gonna be bad for you.

    2. It develops schizophrenia
    Counter-point: I'm pretty sure that if you are susceptible to get schizophrenia from smoking it you wouldn't just get it instantly. It is something that happens fairly gradually and some of the people who get schizophrenia from it continue to smoke it after they have the disorder. And also it does not cause it, but only triggers it. Many other things could have triggered it later in those people's lives.

    And then there's the study which Brawny linked to, which is just plain ridiculous. It even states in the article that the research proves nothing.
    If it's bad for your lungs and you don't have to smoke it then you should have the right to banish everyone around you using it. Lighting it up and having someone else inhale it must be bad for them too, right? I imagine that there'd be an increase in little kiddies being exposed to the stuff if it was made legal. Absolutely every smoking parent has kids who end up smoking too. It isn't a pretty chain. Second hand smoking is a nay.

    Schizophrenia will also increase if the supply increases. I don't know why you would want a whole nation going crazy. If people have the mindset to try weed anyway then they're gonna be vulnerable to its effects. Oh, and I also see them weak willed, so they're most likely going to go for more. But I won't go into ways in which I think that people are weak.

    That study could just be starting out. What if it actually does increase testicular cancer? I bet ages ago people were happy bunnies knowing that there wasn't any bad things to come of tobacco smoking. In fact, they thought of benefits from it. Do you want to be one of those people who will eventually be proved wrong?

  7. #217
    Shmunior Member Chewy's Avatar
    Member #
    20268
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    798
    Friends
    7
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4482-2919-0549-8845
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty View Post
    If it's bad for your lungs and you don't have to smoke it then you should have the right to banish everyone around you using it. Lighting it up and having someone else inhale it must be bad for them too, right? I imagine that there'd be an increase in little kiddies being exposed to the stuff if it was made legal. Absolutely every smoking parent has kids who end up smoking too. It isn't a pretty chain. Second hand smoking is a nay.
    Make it illegal to smoke in public. Problem solved.

    Absolutely every smoking parent has kids who end up smoking too? Why don't I smoke cigarettes then?

    Do you know where most kids get their weed from? Dealers from school.
    Guess what, those dealers don't ID. They don't care how old you are.

    If it were legalized it would only be able to be obtained by presenting an ID.

    It would already be expensive due to taxes so nobody is going to waste their time risking to sell to kids if they couldn't make a profit from it.

    Also, you completely missed my point on the "you don't have to smoke it".
    I was saying there are other ways to use the drug. Pills, treats, all kinds of things that can make it work.

    People look at it too much as a party drug and too little as a medicine. It is much safer and much more effective than many medicines out there. Just about every medicine can be abused and cause much much worst health problems. No reason to pick on this one.

    When I was in the hospital for a week straight vomiting blood, I would have loved to have it there since none of the other anti nausea medicine they gave me worked, except one which they were iffy about giving me so it was probably pretty bad for you, and that one only worked since it put me to sleep almost instantly. I know for a fact that Marijuana works as an anti-nausea because I have used it while I was sick and it has helped completely.

    Schizophrenia will also increase if the supply increases. I don't know why you would want a whole nation going crazy. If people have the mindset to try weed anyway then they're gonna be vulnerable to its effects. Oh, and I also see them weak willed, so they're most likely going to go for more. But I won't go into ways in which I think that people are weak.
    Show me some proof that it causes schizophrenia and then we'll talk some more about that.

    That study could just be starting out. What if it actually does increase testicular cancer? I bet ages ago people were happy bunnies knowing that there wasn't any bad things to come of tobacco smoking. In fact, they thought of benefits from it. Do you want to be one of those people who will eventually be proved wrong?
    There are much more things that are far more likely to cause cancer then Marijuana. If we just said "what if" to everything that had any studies showing that it caused any type of cancer, do you know how many things would be illegal now?

    And also that was the FIRST study to show any sign of it leading to testicular cancer. And you can clearly see(if you were to have actually read the article) that it is an inaccurate study.
    Last edited by Chewy; 02-26-2009 at 03:48 PM.
    You want to sit down but you sold your chair.
    So you just stand there.

    Xbox Live Gamertag: RizGiz

  8. #218
    Kryptonightingale Sixty's Avatar
    Member #
    55650
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    267
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Thanks for the decent reply!

    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    Make it illegal to smoke in public. Problem solved.
    In the comfort of your own home is with your children. There can be no law in place to enforce that you don't smoke around your kids, it's not like people can constantly guard your house to check. My point still stands about smoking around children. They won't care for the idiocy. If people smoke around their kids already, then there's nothing stopping them smoking weed around them too.

    Absolutely every smoking parent has kids who end up smoking too? Why don't I smoke cigarettes then?
    You said you have done before, I don't know what you reasons for quitting or whatever were, but the point is, people who have parents who smoke are more repulsed by it. If they start then they're TRULY just doing it to fit in, which is rather disgusting.

    Do you know where most kids get their weed from? Dealers from school.
    Guess what, those dealers don't ID. They don't care how old you are.

    If it were legalized it would only be able to be obtained by presenting an ID.
    Uhm, I'm pretty sure that most places don't check for ID. Sadly, the law does nothing in this case. It's pretty easy to pay an adult to go in for you too, you don't know how many people think they;re doing the kids a favor for that because they would have liked it.

    It would already be expensive due to taxes so nobody is going to waste their time risking to sell to kids if they couldn't make a profit from it.
    Taxes are nooothiiing.

    Also, you completely missed my point on the "you don't have to smoke it".
    I was saying there are other ways to use the drug. Pills, treats, all kinds of things that can make it work.
    Well, yes, but people prefer to smoke it, I'm assuming.

    People look at it too much as a party drug and too little as a medicine. It is much safer and much more effective than many medicines out there. Just about every medicine can be abused and cause much much worst health problems. No reason to pick on this one.

    When I was in the hospital for a week straight vomiting blood, I would have loved to have it there since none of the other anti nausea medicine they gave me worked, except one which they were iffy about giving me so it was probably pretty bad for you, and that one only worked since it put me to sleep almost instantly. I know for a fact that Marijuana works as an anti-nausea because I have used it while I was sick and it has helped completely.
    I'm not against it being used for medicinal purposes. By all means, if it helps people, then go ahead.

    Show me some proof that it causes schizophrenia and then we'll talk some more about that.
    AndThen can take over that for me if he wants to.

    There are much more things that are far more likely to cause cancer then Marijuana. If we just said "what if" to everything that had any studies showing that it caused any type of cancer, do you know how many things would be illegal now?

    And also that was the FIRST study to show any sign of it leading to testicular cancer. And you can clearly see(if you were to have actually read the article) that it is an inaccurate study.
    It might be inaccurate now, but all studies had to start from somewhere. There's still research on it, you can't deny that. If they unearth something then people are going to be stupid if they smoke it. But then there are people who go against the schizophrenia argument with schizophrenia simply... doesn't exist. There isn't any hardcore evidence showing what schizophrenia is. How do you know they're not all making it up?
    Last edited by Sixty; 02-26-2009 at 07:03 PM.

  9. #219
    Shmunior Member Chewy's Avatar
    Member #
    20268
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    798
    Friends
    7
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4482-2919-0549-8845
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty View Post
    In the comfort of your own home is with your children. There can be no law in place to enforce that you don't smoke around your kids, it's not like people can constantly guard your house to check. My point still stands about smoking around children. They won't care for the idiocy. If people smoke around their kids already, then there's nothing stopping them smoking weed around them too.
    Well that's just irresponsible of them IMO. I believe that if someone is irresponsible enough to be smoking around children then they are probably irresponsible enough to break the law.



    Uhm, I'm pretty sure that most places don't check for ID. Sadly, the law does nothing in this case. It's pretty easy to pay an adult to go in for you too, you don't know how many people think they;re doing the kids a favor for that because they would have liked it.
    Where do you live? Around here they always ID. Mostly a US thing I guess.
    I've just always found it easier to find weed than alcohol when I was a kid, since I didn't really know anyone over 21.


    Taxes are nooothiiing.
    Well the stuff would be expensive enough that kids could not afford it plus taxes, plus the charge for the person getting it for them illegally.


    Well, yes, but people prefer to smoke it, I'm assuming.
    People mostly smoke it because they can't get their hands on it in any other form. Whenever special brownies went around here they were gone fast, people love them.

    There is also an alternative to smoking it called vaporiztion. Basically smokeless smoking. It's been said to decrease a lot of the lung related health risks since the residue is greatly decreased but I don't think any of that is "scientifically proven" yet so I won't go into that. This method would probably be best used to treat extreme nausea before going IV.

    But you are probably right, those abusers who can't afford a vaporizer will continue smoking it. Mostly just because the plant itself looks so pretty and the effects are instantaneous.

    I'm not against it being used for medicinal purposes. By all means, if it helps people, then go ahead.
    OK, that's great to know. I find it pretty ignorant when people deny it has any medicinal purposes.



    It might be inaccurate now, but all studies had to start from somewhere. There's still research on it, you can't deny that. If they unearth something then people are going to be stupid if they smoke it. But then there are people who go against the schizophrenia argument with schizophrenia simply... doesn't exist. There isn't any hardcore evidence showing what schizophrenia is. How do you know they're not all making it up?
    The studies done on it are generally regarding chronic use of it, which is abusing it.


    One of my main points here is that any drug can be abused. Robitussin will give you a PCP like high, Benadryl will make you braindead and give you schizophrenic like hallucinations, take too much Ibuprofin and you will kill yourself. Hell, there are even some garden flowers (and plenty of other plants) that will make you delirious and give you stronger than LSD hallucinations. The list goes on and on. And before you say "nobody does those things", these are all things I have seen people do. Some people just want to get ****ed up. And they will. I say give them a safer alternative.

    Responsible use of Marijuana is basically harmless. Abuse of it, however, is only fairly harmful in comparison to the abuse of other drugs. Why pick on the drug/plant that has the least negative consequences from abuse?

    On a side note: I find it pretty ironic how so many people have problems with it being used medicinally when so many children are being given speed to treat their ADD.
    Last edited by Chewy; 02-26-2009 at 07:47 PM.
    You want to sit down but you sold your chair.
    So you just stand there.

    Xbox Live Gamertag: RizGiz

  10. #220
    Sonic expert Bodine's Avatar
    Member #
    55520
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,275
    Friends
    32
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    I need some. NAOW

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

rizgiz twitter

Click on a term to search for related topics.