LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6597-7058-7157-6973
    So about the argument regarding health problems from weed, weed can't do shit to you unless it's in heavy, abusive amounts. My dad is a guy who obviously isn't right in the head and you'd know this, if you knew him. He always blamed it on ADD from when he was a kid, but then he enlightened me about his childhood a few weeks ago. My dad was an active drug user. Everything under the sun. However, for twelve years, he'd be doing pot and now his brain is FRIED. I'm 14 and I can be more responsible than him.

Really,the only thing that rant is supposed to prove is that weed wont hurt you unless you abuse it.

My dad also told me (not sure if this is totally reliable though) that the reason why the government made weed illegal is because they make so much money from drug busts and fines that they would make less off of taxes? Not sure how reliable that is.

There's also a place in the United States known as Oaksterdam. It's in California and one educated man found all the loopholes in the system, and now the city Oaksterdam is located in is the easiest place to grow, smoke, and sell pot.

"We've all been down this path before
    You're trapped in this town
    And it wears you down
    When we leave today maybe you'll understand
    That this constant struggle isn't always in the palm of our hands."

Member #
    Friends
    4482-2919-0549-8845
    Quote Originally Posted by ARav989 View Post
    So about the argument regarding health problems from weed, weed can't do shit to you unless it's in heavy, abusive amounts. My dad is a guy who obviously isn't right in the head and you'd know this, if you knew him. He always blamed it on ADD from when he was a kid, but then he enlightened me about his childhood a few weeks ago. My dad was an active drug user. Everything under the sun. However, for twelve years, he'd be doing pot and now his brain is FRIED. I'm 14 and I can be more responsible than him.
    I'd bet you it was more than just pot that fried his brain if he was an active drug user.

My dad also told me (not sure if this is totally reliable though) that the reason why the government made weed illegal is because they make so much money from drug busts and fines that they would make less off of taxes? Not sure how reliable that is.

There's also a place in the United States known as Oaksterdam. It's in California and one educated man found all the loopholes in the system, and now the city Oaksterdam is located in is the easiest place to grow, smoke, and sell pot.
    The numbers might be similar. If they were making the money off taxes though they would be screwing over a lot less people.

Oaksterdam is the perfect example of how legalization can revive an economy. The only reason the DEA hasn't went in there and busted everyone(they could if they wanted to) is because if they did the economy there would go straight to hell.
    You want to sit down but you sold your chair.
    So you just stand there.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RizGiz

Member #
    Friends
    6597-7058-7157-6973
    Exactly, Chewy. And plus all the loopholes that were found, the DEA still needs to find the perfect reason.

And possibly you're right about more than the weed frying his brain. That could be true; nevertheless, the only long term drug he was on was pot. My dad stopped the other stuff quick. Some of his friends aren't so lucky though. He's told me about times where he'd be at work, and his buddies would be snorting a line of coke in the middle of the job. Drugs like that really **** people up.

"We've all been down this path before
    You're trapped in this town
    And it wears you down
    When we leave today maybe you'll understand
    That this constant struggle isn't always in the palm of our hands."

Member #
    Friends
    Who the **** cares about the side effects, the whole point of weed is to help you not care about all the shitty things.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    It certainly is a "gateway drug" for most of the reasons you posted.

However I agree 100%. Its the users who allow themselves to go from occasional pot smoking to trying other things.

I've done it once, and havent touched it since, Im not saying I wouldnt, but it wasnt like the next day I was craving that hit.

For this reason I see it as less harmful, and more 'useful' than cigarette smoking, as long as its done in moderation. You dont get a high from cigarettes, just cancer.

"If I had a dollar bill for everytime I was wrong, I'd be a self-made millionaire and I wouldn't be singing..."

Member #
    Friends
    I saw this thing on youtube where people post facts. I would rather smoke weed then smoke cigs. Weed is like alchohol. It effects your brain. If it becomes legal they should make a fine like "If you smoke weed while driving or before you drive its a $1,000 fine or 1 year in jail". I dunno thats an example.

"Deaths per year resulting from alcohol: 100,000
    Deaths per year resulting from tobacco: 430,000
    Deaths per year resulting from aspirin: 180- 1000
    Deaths per year resulting from legal drugs: 106,000
    Deaths that have ever occurred in direct result of Cannabis: 0 (that's right zero)
    let us smoke WEED!!"

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    I'd rather smoke pot than cigs... But why not smoke nothing?

Member #
    Friends
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    LOL touche old man...touche.

And it is true...no ones died directly from pot smoking.....

However all those people that died of "smoking", didnt breathe in a cigarette and suddenly drop dead...they died from illnesses (most likely) related to their previous smoking.

So if you are high, and you do something stupid which causes death........have you in theory died from smoking pot? *eerie sound*

I know I couldve potentially died, I was wandering around and ending up in places I had no idea of where I was...so anything could of potentially happened...

"If I had a dollar bill for everytime I was wrong, I'd be a self-made millionaire and I wouldn't be singing..."

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny View Post
    I'd rather smoke pot than cigs... But why not smoke nothing?
    I'm just saying that cigs are more deadly then pot. Even on penn and tellers BS show they said that there are 0 deaths resulting in weed.Whats really funny is that a professor was arrested because his son had a rare disease where he was in a lot of pain. Would not eat or sleep. Well he gave his son weed and he was happy and ate and slept well. He was arrested for trying to keep his son alive. Now I am not a pot smoker and many drug test will show I have not done it. I have quite a few friends who do. I know no one cares if I do or not but I am just showing reaosns why it should be legal.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanis View Post

So if you are high, and you do something stupid which causes death........have you in theory died from smoking pot? *eerie sound*
    I am 23 lol. What you just said there sound like the age old question "If a tree falls in the woods and no one hears it does it make a sound"? I have done salvia and I do it with a sober friend. Like I said beofre treat weed like alchohol. If you wanna do it make sure you have a sober friend to guard you. Also second hand smoke is part of the stats or should be.

Ads