LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    the economy is positive for me, the sliding american dollar means i can get stuff cheaper on E bay, woo! i understand how families are having trouble making ends meet, but that has always been the case in newfoundland and we don't complain.

if republicans don't wake up and smell that taxing the rich is the only solution, i don't see any way USA will ever fully recover. Obama is doing dynamite imo but his naysayers will keep his great ideas from ever being realized.
    (plz no messages for online play) "Life is a tale told by an Idiot" -Shakespeare

Member #
    Friends
    1818-3776-3181-7590
    Agree on everything but I was refering the part of the model that says produce, produce, produce!, there´s no way back from there...
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    oh you mean the capitalist assumption that you can make a product and then find a market for it after? Making Tron dvds that end up in landfills for example? capitalism has it's flaws but it it still the best economic system we have. only making products that the government sees fit is called communism, and i would doubt we would have fancy pseudo-intelligent cars and fast computers and and robots working on mars if the whole world was run like that.
    (plz no messages for online play) "Life is a tale told by an Idiot" -Shakespeare

Member #
    Friends
    1818-3776-3181-7590
    Tron DVDs Lol, Right, Then what we need are serious regulations about the enviroment, the overpopulation it´s another big prob.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    right but i simply couldn't write this whole thing by myself. i mean i could, but that would be like repeating seven years in university and getting no credit for it the chair is open.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    i love technology i have a 3DS and wii for fun 2 laptops 2 desktops a WIFI router so i will aways have the web at home 1 3G modem so i will aways have the web on the go and i'm planing to bye a new wii and turn it into one of those portable wii's that i saw on youtube and i'm oney 12 cool lol

Member #
    Friends
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    ok clearly this individual bumped the thread without understanding the point. considering where he/she was from i would love to hear, or for that matter love to hear what anyone would say about the trials of the 21st century.

yes technology is very very good these days glad that a 12 year old can see it but it does not present a problem.

considering enough time has passed since the quake/tsunami i think we could vent our feelings on that. i was recently going over my own personal experiences of 9/11. we had planes diverted to newfoundland that day and we were only too glad and too honored to help people at the time.

Iraq? urrggghh not sure how to really vent that one.

anyway i still think we have the workings for a good off-topic thread. any comments are welcome....

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    hmm... Everyone wants the Middle Eastern Oil. Must be because they're seen as Democracy's enemy. I mean, you don't see the poorer Capitalist countries getting invaded, even though they are as violent Libya and Iraq.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: F.E.A.R., Skyrem.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    hmm... Everyone wants the Middle Eastern Oil. Must be because they're seen as Democracy's enemy. I mean, you don't see the poorer Capitalist countries getting invaded, even though they are as violent Libya and Iraq.
    see that is what i want- uncensored opinions to get people thinking. i remember having a discussion from a university prof about how straight up USA stopped over Iraq for oil. i'm not saying right or wrong on that but you now have a democratic opinion on public access

the poorer capitalists? even though Newfoundland is part of Canada, trust me no one else wants it we have enough problems getting anyone but a white guy warmed up to our culture and trying to understand race relations is just hard considering that about our culture. Canada on a whole rather is VERY interested in race relations, we have NO problem producing our own oil so i can't blame the oil itself though a good point on how big a role oil plays in world politics.

what i see the enemy as is the envy mixed with a broken religious opinion and suicidal tendency back up with an organization and weapons. not a particular country/countries or religion/religions. and really stop over for gas in Canada ANYTIME

still don't wanna touch Libya with a 50 foot pole yet emotionalism still accepted but i'm not ready to say anything on that yet.
    Last edited by skidmarx; 04-20-2011 at 10:08 PM. Reason: grammar/smilies/time

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    drill here in the u.s!

we have to have something in the ground here. we wouldnt rely on their oil. it would create more jobs. might take us out of debt if they tax it just a little more. u.s. has one of the lowest % tax on gasoline. if we can get prices down to $2/gal by drilling here, mark it up to $2.25/gal and put it twards our debt.

sure the price wont go down where it was 12 years ago, but we're pushing $4/gal where i live (over$4.25 in places), anything would help. it's the "tree huggers" (i dont know the technical orginization of them) fault. "you cant drill here because it will ruin everything around it."

who's idea was it to raise the minimum wager here in the u.s.?
    you have to pay the kid a the market to pack your bag more per hour which drives up the prices of everything.
    i calculated it once. minimum wage went up 25% (from memory) in the past 10 years. there are a lot of people that got no where near that much of a raise in the past 10 years. they just raised the bottom higher and didnt give the people working at the same place much more. middle class is getting screwed. prices of everything are going up and the middle class havent got much of raise.

just my opinion

Ads