LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Easy way to fix the U.S. economy: Stop outsourcing. It might help companies but it hurts the people.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: Oblivion, Smash 3DS, Parry Souls 2.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    Glad we're still on topic somehow Let me tell a story about Obama as a newfie who understands America as Foriegn Policy:

One of the first things the current U.S. president did is spend taxpayer money to travel the world talking to scientists about "energy solutions." wind power, new applications for electricity, solar power, and I'm sure lots of other fresh ideas were considered. I remember very little of his TV presentation that day but clearly he was open to the idea that gasoline is not neccesarily always the best option.

So then I'm sure the idea was kickin' around before that but allow me to reitirate in my own words:

GASOLINE IS NOT THE ONLY ANSWER

In my neck of the woods I understand how important to my own native land but I hope you can see the merit of the idea. All counter-arguments will be heard. *edit in progress plz wait*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would love to crush views on outsourcing but again - not a US citizen. however ANY Country trying to build employment rates ...... well certainly HERE we would find giving jobs to foriegners foolhardy. Consider this - though possibly out of date now - but if US considers 10% unemployment rate high Newfoundland has seen that for decades and futhermore some communities over 50% of the population would be seasonal workers or else permanately umemployed. People on welfare are INSULTED to find someone in another country doing a job BETTER DONE in homeland. But I could get in a BIG tiff about that and please excuse the colorful language
    Last edited by skidmarx; 04-25-2011 at 10:02 PM. Reason: grammar/long post

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    The problem with gasoline is the same with the alternatives:
    Where do we get, for example, electricity for electric cars?
    Fossil fuels.

Water dams. They screw up the ecosystem.
    Solar power. You need land, so maybe cut down a forest or two.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    The problem with gasoline is the same with the alternatives:
    1Where do we get, for example, electricity for electric cars?
    Fossil fuels.

2Water dams. They screw up the ecosystem.
    3Solar power. You need land, so maybe cut down a forest or two.
    (numbers added to demostrate point and sorry for changing a post )

1 Suppose it is all fair to burn gasoline to learn and develop further applications for electricity? Much better than burning gas to put money in someones pocket.... and of course HUGE MONEY in hybrid cars but at least put fresh technology solutions forward. I suppose "Power Cars" or "Muscle Cars" trucks etc. are more fun but at least a typical gas consumer might have a better solution than gettin' burned at the pump.

2 You might have something there but you would have to represent the idea better before I tried to counter.

3 ahh I don't understand solar power enough but suppose we could create enough solar power to make some technology obsolete? I think it is possible if not experiment now to eliminate SOME of our electricity bills through a simple panel on the rooves of our houses - and certainly a good scientist in that field could demonstrate that point.

(too much fun back at it later )
    Last edited by skidmarx; 04-25-2011 at 10:28 PM. Reason: grammar/spelling/etc.

Member #
    Friends
    Everything
    I'm back!

"Concise and devoid of elegance...what I have come to expect from human communication"-Endless Summer

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    ^^^ This.

Man... Why'd I go and miss this thread in my absence? =/ By my pessimistic philosophy on life and anger towards the infinite and unnecessary problems our fellow man creates, I love discussing what the hell went wrong in this god-forsaken century... Anyone still interested in this?

If so, I'll delve into this: the media. Pardon me if I'm an ignorant **** in saying this and being wrong, but your typical adult's daily routine in a non-3rd world country often involves reading the newspaper, watching the news, and/or reading up online. It's long been obvious that news networks/websites are biased towards a certain sort of viewer, be it by their political views or their personality matching how the program functions.

This sort of "funneling" viewers creates nigh-yellow journalism, a bunch of opinionated bullshit that your viewers wholeheartedly agree with, which is the only reason they watch in the first place. Through this, political standpoints and ignorance to opposite views creates a twisted circle of solidarity among the populous of said developed countries. All this, of course, mostly applies to middle class adults of varying age.

And of course, we need not discuss in as much detail how the media effects children and teenagers... With garbage like Jersey Shore and other trashy, poor moral-encouraging TV shows targeted for such ages, we get a pitiful generation with lackluster morals, which turn into the adults that often at best will be those funneled by the theorem of media news I've summarized above.

My point? The media is worthless, and generally poisons the mind of the public. Be it news, entertainment, whatever. In countries not as free as the commonwealths or the US, the media is often or entirely manipulated, further twisting the public's opinion for the government's, or whatever party's gain. I won't say the media should be utterly destroyed nor replaced (you can't count how many jobs that'd kill, as well as economical junk being hindered horribly), or highly maintained. But hot damn does the media give the world's idiots good reason to spread said idiocy... Something horribly wrong with the 21st century, indeed.

Anyone care to add onto reasons to hate the world of media, or give a counter retort to my statement? =)
    Last edited by Splash_King; 07-19-2011 at 09:43 AM.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    I completely agree with you on that point. There are some people who are responsible enough not to be poisoned by the media, but those people are becoming rarer and rarer. Another problem that contributes to this is poor parenting. In this current day and age, you could see young children watching the most inappropriate stuff. Maybe if parents took charge and controlled what their children watched, the youth wouldn't be so poisoned.

Member #
    Friends
    5839-7740-6663-0323
    there will always be problems in the 21st century, you know someone will get greedy and want more than anyone else way beyond our limits. Its like the system is going to far in our limits and if those limits are reached bad things will happen.

htt
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    yeah I know I want a thread for opinionated BS that was the whole point

Watching the news on Obama's latest speeches saying he willing to go against his own party to reach an agreement on the economy.

And junk like that - any thoughts?

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    I haven't heard from Obama in what, about 2 months? Last time I checked, he was talking about basketball >_>

Spoiler Alert!

Ads