LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5839-7740-6663-0323
    i wonder though cause i have seen nothing but gas prices raising higher as we speak

htt
    Spoiler Alert!

2. Ads

The Scrubbiest of Kings Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Link View Post
    I completely agree with you on that point. There are some people who are responsible enough not to be poisoned by the media, but those people are becoming rarer and rarer. Another problem that contributes to this is poor parenting. In this current day and age, you could see young children watching the most inappropriate stuff. Maybe if parents took charge and controlled what their children watched, the youth wouldn't be so poisoned.
    Precisely. It all starts with the family. As more and more people become corrupt with poor values and other mal-influencing statistics, the children they raise gain these poor values, and continue to adopt further poisonous thoughts into their views and morals. The wicked become wickeder, and those with proper values are outnumbered, or are snuffed out. The good die young... Be it in body, or spirit.

The media, simply put, is an outlet of corruption. Something to cause bad parenting to turn spoiled or mal-raised children to turn into something ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmarx View Post
    yeah I know I want a thread for opinionated BS that was the whole point

Watching the news on Obama's latest speeches saying he willing to go against his own party to reach an agreement on the economy.

And junk like that - any thoughts?
    Going against your own party is a stupid statement, I'd say. I think there were both republicans and democrats at these economic-based meetings. Rather, I believe one should always be willing to discard the views and values of their own political party, if they so believe it's for the good of America. Needing to clarify this shows how twisted political parties are... There is hardly middle ground. =/

No political parties' views alone are going to cure America of corruption, economic distress, and all other problems and the like anyways... Our political system, like almost every other system, is broken. Simply because those who run it from the inside are corrupt, and the public who run it from the outside, are bigots...

Although, I'd be happy to disregard all that philosophical-political junk I just spewed if he can 360 the economical situation by pulling a Bill Clinton move out of his ass. Especially if he can manage to set something up if he won't be getting a second term.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    yay! liked that.

About gas: I keep seeing the evening news give every drop and hike in gas as if channel sponsors are selling it

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    yay! liked that.

About gas: I keep seeing the evening news give every drop and hike in gas as if channel sponsors are selling it
    I aim to please with my pessimistic paragraphs of displeasure.

Every once in awhile, I catch someone watching the news in the corner of my eye. More often than not, it's advertising the current low gas prices in the area... $3.60 is hardly low. =/ The world needs to stop being selfish idiots who want a badass-looking car with visual appeal instead of being cheap, efficient, and still powerful while being run by electricity and/or water.

Or we could make like Amsterdam and start using bikes like crazy, in the larger and more packed in cities. People do nothing but walk in NYC and cities of similar population density, so why not get a damn bike if people want speed and convenience? Sure as hell is less expensive.
    Last edited by Splash_King; 07-19-2011 at 09:43 AM.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Double Post in White Noise, kill me.

So, one of my favorite debates on the sin and corruption this world is filled with, is how every generation becomes more ugly of soul and moral than the last, as I lightly touched upon in my first post about the media. Normally, I'd go into another large set of paragraphs, but instead...

http://hiphopwired.com/2011/07/14/th...yahtzee-30097/

I'm late to the news party, sure, I always am. Regardless, anyone who is a sociopathic crazy like these little shits and/or serial killer, add these sinister pieces of scum to your list, if ya don't mind.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Yea, It's been noticed in the scientific world that human beings are actually degenerating as a whole.

On the subject of using more efficient vehicles: I'll start using efficient cars when they stop looking like dam toasters. And electric cars don't last long during road trips and such.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: Etrian Odyssey IV, Shin Megami Tensei IV.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    I just laugh at people who drive these big pickups and minivans is all. I just don't see much efficiency in the economy and find it ironic when people talk about gas when they're idleing at a red light half the trip.

Hmm sociopaths? we get the type here who know about 9 month, 2 year less a day, and 3 year with parole sentences that can be reduced - leading to paid vacation from a poorly organized criminal network. And here it just high school dropouts that think they are tough and make the city sound worse than it actually is.

Sound like familiar sociopaths? It's funny how it gets around to us when in other places it is so common it's not worth talking about.

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Don't bigger vehicles result in more profit for the economy?

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    On the subject of using more efficient vehicles: I'll start using efficient cars when they stop looking like dam toasters. And electric cars don't last long during road trips and such.
    Ahah, my point of looking for car appeal over efficiency indeed.

Although, when said like that, I can't blame you. If they'd simply make them look like normal cars (if that's somehow impossible, I call bullshit...) and boost the longevity of the vehicle for said long trips and drives, I don't see why the **** people wouldn't want them. Much cheaper in the long run, helps the environment (if said buyer cares about that), etc.

Sound like familiar sociopaths? It's funny how it gets around to us when in other places it is so common it's not worth talking about.
    Less funny, more depressing... =( Generally, Sociopathic disorders are created in people due to parental/family issues, which is coming full circle with what we've been discussing oh-so recently. Be it neglect (in EVERY form, not parenting "properly" qualifies as this, even), abuse, and other social-related influences on the mental growth of a child.

Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    Don't bigger vehicles result in more profit for the economy?
    Do they? How's that work, exactly?

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    ^ more money toward car companies=less bankruptcy.
    More use of vehicles means more repairs that would help smaller business. That sort of thing.

Spoiler Alert!

Ads