+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Before you start a clan read this

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Before you start a clan read this

Starting a clan is extremely difficult, and time consuming, so be prepared to stay up all night fixing everything for you members.

Organizing more than one person that's in another country, time zone, lifestyle is very hard. Be prepared to sacrifice your favorite show.

And if you are still sold out on making a clan I suggest talking to other Clan Leaders and finding out how they did it. also:

-You must find 1-4 Clan Members that are as die hard as you are when it comes to making your clan work.
    -Creating a website helps give your clan some cred.
    -Be at least a 1st stige or have phenom stats, who wants to war with a guy with a .66 kdr? you stats show more than just skill.
    -Use multiple forums to expand your network, good luck remembering all the passwords and usernames lol
    -Get ready to play less, since I've started my Clan I actually have less time to play since now I'm online here and tweaking our site, generating contests, holding meetings, meeting to chat, finding a chat box, creating rankings, doing this, that and everything else I can't even get online to play!
    -Determine what you want to accomplish from your Clan. If you're a casual gamer and you're just looking for good buddies to war with, you may wanna consider just joining a clan. If anything posted above makes you a lil iffy about your new clan, well do yourself a favor and STOP NOW! It's okay to admit defeat lol. and chances are there's a Clan that's been active for a long time and would really appreciate a new member like yourself.
    -And guys and gals lets think about the numbers. Theres about 250,000 people on Wifi, everyday 5 new Clans are attempted. This makes the current Clan count in forums over 400. this leaves about 600 people you could potentially recruit per clan, BUT only about 10% of those 600 people are potential Clan Members. That leaves only 60 people per Clan that you can even recruit(and 5 of those 60 are gonna try to make a new clan)! and the chances of you talking to the right 1 of 55 people is really, really, really an obstacle to tackle.

So for all new clans best of luck DOAP is now in it's 3rd week with 8 members already! So guys it is possible, but so so challenging. Good Luck with your Clan! Stop by and hook us up with some love or hate on our Guestbook!

Member #
    Friends
    2311-1123-4321-0974
    bilieve it or not this belongs in the call of duty section since its not a clan add thread & i come to figure clan are whack theres no real point might aswell just say friends playing wii together

Member #
    Friends
    i see your point which is why i've set out to have a not-so-ordinary clan. we're not just friends that play wii together, we have built a small community of people with a similar goal in mind. much like people meeting every sunday for church, or should they all just stay home and call each other?

Member #
    Friends

techincally

the last line of that post it technically an ad i promoted my own Clan so i'm pretty sure this thread is where it should be.

Member #
    Friends
    2311-1123-4321-0974
    it's gloating & unless you wanna edit & say join my clan.

Member #
    Friends

goating?

actually without down right bragging i was simply trying to show new clan leaders, with the right work ethic, can have a good new clan, and actually get members. this thread was written to help potential new clan leaders. i started my clan with little knowledge and know how and i wanted to pass what i've learned to someone else.
    i didn't write it to gloat, boast, but to help and exemplify, sorry you didn't catch that.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ur just scared of competition NO ONE CARES ABOUT WAT U SAY clans FAIL sometimes its a life lesson its like wen u throw a party and only ur mom comes ITS A LIFE LESSON
    "I'm a god amongst men, you're a suburban commando"-Kim Jong-IL vs Hulk hogan(Epic Rap battles of history)

Member #
    Friends
    well if u take last part of staff should sticky this

Member #
    Friends
    dude, i really dont think you have the experience to create a tut on making a clan, if you were from 1sk or a clan i actully knew of maybe. i cheaked out the website and it doesnt look tweaked. and 8 clan members in 3 weeks isnt that good. so dude close your clan and play some more.
    MWR:027796685289 FR ME AND PM ME URS d:

Member #
    Friends

scared???

that's a pretty comical accusation, especially since we're one of the fastest growing clans online right now, and have received multiple challenges from others clans
    yes of course clans do fail, when you provide them the option to. the purpose again of this thread (since no one gets it yet) is to try and help new clan leaders.
    i didn't imply that this is a full proof ideal for starting a clan, but it would have been nice if i had had someone with the experience and knowledge to help me out when i first started my clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosV130 View Post
    ur just scared of competition NO ONE CARES ABOUT WAT U SAY clans FAIL sometimes its a life lesson its like wen u throw a party and only ur mom comes ITS A LIFE LESSON

Ads