Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Gunslingers ~ The GoldenEye 007 Clan for Adults

Apostate Against the Eloi McMurphy's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3676-8115-9132-6236
    I hope everyone had a fun New Years! 2013 is now in full swing. The kids are back in school, the workplace is back to lecturing you about productivity, and we STILL don't have hover cars.

What we do have, however, is another year for gaming. Here is a quick list of some recent updates for the clan for parent and hard working adult gamers, the Gunslingers:

1.) January 2013 Member Spotlight. We have started the New Year with another edition of the Gunslinger Member Spotlight: a monthly tradition of interviewing a random GS member and learning some things about him/her that we may not otherwise get to know through the course of gaming. This edition features none other than the ever popular, GS*Yuuuki! She has been with GS for a few years, so find out more about her here: Gunslinger Gaming

2.) '80s Classic Added. Who didn't love the 1980's? Well, besides the USSR or the Cobra Kai in Karate Kid. Well, being a gaming clan with plenty of members who grew up in the '70s and '80s, we have installed the classic quarter eater, "Lunar Command", into the custom Gunslinger Arcade! Can you get the high score? Atari joystick not required.

3.) Gunslinger Raffle. For our members playing in more than one game (or even platform), we are starting 2013 off right by giving away two Xbox360 copies of Elders Scroll: Skyrim! Reply to the following topic prior to January for a chance to win. It is that easy! Thank you all for supporting GS throughout 2012! GunslingerGaming.com • View topic - Gunslinger Raffle ~ Free Copy of Skyrim! (digital download)

4.) New Forum Features. We are always looking for ways to improve the GS homebase for our members, and have added several features to the Gunslinger Forums. Now, members with Twitch Live feeds have their own forum section to broadcast their channel for other members to watch. Additionally, if you find a Twitch channel you find particularly interesting and would like to share with the rest of the group, you now have the ability to embed them in your forum posts. Speaking of embedding, you can now also add either your PSN player card or your Xbox360 gamertag card (or both!) in any of your posts or signature with a simple click of the button. Finally, some of us on the Nintendo Wii and Wii U like to use Skype as our voice chat program, so that is why you can now include your real-time Skype status in any of your forum posts or a signature. Stay tuned for more updates! I have a whole checklist to go through!

Thank you all again for reading the recent events of the Gunslingers. We are proud to provide an incredibly active and evolving home for parent, adult, and mature, casual gamers from around the world in 2013. If you haven't yet joined the party, consider yourself invited.

The Nintendo Wii U Clan for Adults.
    The Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Wii U Clan for Adults.
    The GoldenEye 007 Clan for Adults.

Gunslingers - Blazing Trails for Parent and Hard Working Adult Gamers Since 2007.
    http://www.gunslingergaming.com
    Last edited by McMurphy; 01-06-2013 at 09:17 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    3676-8115-9132-6236
    GUNSLINGERS GAMES AWARDS!

Every year, we gather as a Gunslingers community and vote for our favorite games in various categories. The polls to vote on games published in 2012 are open and let the voting begin! Here are the categories that all members can vote in thus far:

Game of the Year
    Favorite GS Clan Front of 2012
    Best Wii Game of 2012
    Best Wii U Game of 2012
    Best PS3 Game of 2012
    Best Xbox360 Game of 2012
    Best PC Game of 2012
    Best Vita Game of 2012
    Best 3DS Game of 2012
    Best Action/Adventure Game of 2012
    Best Role Playing Game of 2012
    Best Shooter Game of 2012
    Best Fighting Game of 2012
    Best Sports Game of 2012
    Best Racing Game of 2012
    Best Dance/Music Game of 2012
    Best Platformer of 2012
    Do you have a strong opinion in regards to which games should win? Join the rest of us Gunslingers and cast your vote! The results will be published in article for in February! Here are the polls:
    GunslingerGaming.com • View forum - 2012 Gunslinger Games Awards

On the Nintendo front, The Last Story along with Xenoblade Chronicles have been nominated for both Best RPG and Best Wii Game. Xenoblade Chronicles has even been nominated for Game of the Year. Additionally, GoldenEye 007 has been nominated for Favorite GS Clan Front of 2012, and Kid Icarus has been nominated for Best 3DS Game. On the Wii U font, Super Mario Bros. U and ZombiU are slugging it out for Best Wii U title while the former has been also been nominated for Best Platformer.

The Wii U Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Clan for Adults.

Gunslingers - Blazing Trails for Parent and Hard Working Adult Gamers.
    Gunslinger Gaming

Member #
    Friends
    3676-8115-9132-6236
    While the rest of the gang (or, in light of our clan's motif, chain-gang) is in game enjoying Frosty Pints---our weekend tradition of grabbing some brews and sharing some games---, I thought I would sneak in here and share the latest update on the Gunslingers front.

Forums have whole sets of short code or tags to utilize while posting. Some communities create customized tags for specific purposes, such as posting streaming game feeds. We, the Gunslingers, do both in the GS Forums and are taking the customized user experience a step further. Upon request, any member can have his/her own forum code!

For example, my GS Forum code would be "[McMurphy][/McMurphy]". Maybe I would want my game stats to show up anytime that is typed. Maybe I would like my signature banner and a brag-worthy gameplay video to be displayed anytime those tags are typed. Now, GS members can do just that!

As a band of fellow adults, parents, and mature, casual gamers, we are always welcoming the like-minded to join in on our fun. Come share in our cheer!

Happy Frosty Pints everyone!

Nintendo Gunslingers - Long Live the Gamers Who Are Long in Tooth.
    Black Ops 2 | Wii U | GoldenEye 007
    Gunslinger Gaming

Member #
    Friends
    3676-8115-9132-6236

As you may have read, Nintendo is offering a classic NES or SNES title for download with a price tag of a mere 30 cents during the first half of 2013. Let's have some fun with these releases by making a GS event out of it! The first round features Balloon Fight!

Here is how it works:
    1.) Download and play Balloon Fight.
    2.) Use the snapshot feature of the Wii U to capture an image of your high score.
    3.) Post in the Balloon Fight Miiverse community with the message, "My Gunslinger Challenge Entry" and attach the snapshot.
    4.) I will update who currently holds the highscore in this thread.
    I will be sure to follow everyone on Miiverse so I am automatically notified when you post your scores. You can post as many entries as you wish. The event goes until February 20th, 2013. Whoever holds the top score at the end of that date wins the event! The prize? Your forum title will be changed to Balloon Fight Champion.

If you have never taken a snapshot using the Wii U, here is how you do it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvUPtSlClpQ

I have posted my initial highscore of 50,250 (See my most recent post in the Balloon Fight community). That is the first highscore we all need to beat.

Good luck!
    [Note: You must be a Gunslinger member to take part in this challenge.]

Member #
    Friends
    3676-8115-9132-6236
    Over at the Gunslingers clan headquarters, there is a long-standing topic entitled, "How Did You Hear About Gunslingers?" Lately, GS*Beagles329, who has been a GSer since December 2010, has posted an interesting reply that well illustrates the sort of normal (Ha! Like any of us are normal, right?) adults that join up with the Gunslingers. Here is his message, quoted:

True Story... I was on a road trip through the western US, stopped at a gas station to fill up and grab a beverage. I go to use the bathroom and written on the wall of the stall was, "Gopp was here, GS-4-LIFE". Once I got home I Googled GS and the rest is history. Over 2 years of gaming enjoyment. I have since met and played quite a bit with the now famous Gopp. Like I said, true story...
    Come and join the fastest growing group for parent and hard working adult gamers! Share in our cheer!

Gunslingers.
    Wii U | Black Ops 2 | GoldenEye 007

Member #
    Friends
    3676-8115-9132-6236
    The work week is over, so it is time to forget about the boss with another round of Gunslinger Frosty Pints! Grab your drink of choice and get in some online gaming with fellow adults!

Also, the Gunslingers clan got together to cast their votes for their favorite games published in 2012. The polls are closed, the votes have been counted, and everyone is welcome to read the results in the GS Blog:
    http://gunslingergaming.com/wordpress/?p=469

Come and be part of the fastest growing gaming group exclusively for older gamers. It's about having a good time and doing it within your own schedule!

The Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Wii U Clan for Adults.
    The 3DS Clan for Adults.
    The Wii U Clan for Adults.

Member #
    Friends
    3676-8115-9132-6236
    The Gunslingers is an oasis for parent and hard working adult gamers from around the world that was formed back in June, 2007. The underlying goal of our group is to create a gaming environment that is fun yet civil and friendly for mature, casual gamers. It is a goal far too uncommon in the gaming community, and is not often honestly sought. For anyone wishing to escape the lulls of silly clan probation periods, distinct divides in community ranks, unrealistic demands of attendance, and continual ugliness of clan wars, the Gunslingers is your haven. We have attracted thousands of like-minded adults, so you are not alone in your wants.

The fruit of the Gunslingers is being continuously surrounded by folks sharing your general gaming wants and perspectives. There is plenty of obligations and negativity wishing to take up your time in your career, in your personal life, and certainly during your online travels. It doesn't need to be that way. The Gunslingers clan, however existential as it may seem, seek to inject some positivity and even escapism in your daily obligations. Come. Kick your feet up. Decompress. Be merry! Everyone deserves that, and, regardless if you are new to online gaming or a veteran, you will be welcomed by the rest of us. Share in our cheer!

The Mario Kart Clan for Adults.
    The Nintendo Wi U Clan for Adults.
    The Call of Duty: Black Ops Wii U Clan for Adults.

Member #
    Friends
    3676-8115-9132-6236
    March Gunslingers Update - New Members!

We finished off the second half of February (Feb. 17 to Feb. 28th) by welcoming many new faces into our virtual saloon. Let's put the controller down for a moment and give these new Gunslingers a proper shout-out! Here are the rest of the February posse:

Lynyrd_Skynrd
    RaginCajun
    JG53PIKAS
    Adriotus
    Irisher01
    Commando_Wolf
    BulletBob
    slaughterman4
    ChickenHammerz
    xxsurftxx
    greeny187
    SECgatorbait
    Otis The Leper
    canndid
    Y0_Fat_Manz
    PJ5
    Michael25
    preacher5000
    MartyMcFly
    DeathSmilesAtU
    lepisan
    MattCoz
    boydgrossi
    scarlett10
    TheyCallMeDoc
    BenKian
    masterzion
    rolledup911
    Homicidal Mole
    DAZMAN
    Qdawg65
    TheSorrowedMan
    WRsRedDragon
    Solty
    Josh-Deeds
    SchMasHD
    keynage
    elohelae
    Revlyn
    kjrulz
    Ausylon
    stackoverflow
    This guy
    SpankSinatra
    Shapoota
    PrimeBEATSTICK
    luna_diviner
    Bnjamn02
    Voltron
    Lazyassdave
    SoggyMossBall
    Lord Martok
    Jethro51
    Bunzmaster
    katade
    elgranwebin
    Frankey Jones
    never82
    Mom1nator1971
    PapaKeys
    z522
    KrazyXIII
    CrazyLilMan77
    Ghostcola
    Welcome to the Gunslingers and thank you all for joining!!!

With 62 new members joining the overall Gunslingers clan in a mere 11 days, it is safe to assume that you will find no other gaming group exclusively for us older gamers than the Gunslingers (sometimes known as the Geezer Squad)! If you would like to get more out of your gaming experience while doing so at your own pace and within your own time restraints (we are adults, after all, right?). you are welcome to join the party at the Gunslingers!

The Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Clan for Adults.

Member #
    Friends
    3676-8115-9132-6236
    One of the features of the Gunslingers clan is our Member Spotlight interviews. We game with each other all the time, but, sometimes, such interaction only allows us to know a person within a game context. That is why we randomly select an active GS* member with whom to sit down and interview.

March 2013's edition of the Gunslinger Member Spotlight features our ever helpful member, covan2306! You can read more about him by viewing the Gunslingers Blog: http://gunslingergaming.com/wordpress/?p=511

If you are a fellow older gamer who is looking for a group that values their members over in-game statistical bragging rights, you are welcome to join the Gunslingers!

The Wii U Black Ops 2 Clan for Adults.

Member #
    Friends
    3676-8115-9132-6236
    I hope everyone had a fun St. Patrick's Day weekend....whether or not you can remember what you did.

That holiday weekend marked an exciting milestone for the Gunslingers. We are now officially over 5,700 members strong! Thank you, everyone, for joining our posse. Now, we are not about the number of members. We are about the members. As a group for older gamers, we provide more opportunities to find yourself with a tight group of folks who share your busy schedule as you game around your family life than any other clan out there. If you are learning the fine art of juggling driving the kids around, taking night classes, and/or clocking overtime at work, you are invited to join the Gunslingers!

The Black Ops 2 Wii U Clan for Adults.

Ads