LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

*Improved* Red Steel Screenshots:

"In May, the graphics of the E3 demo were a work in progress. Remember, we are working on a console that is also currently in development. The console’s calendar therefore conditions our own calendar. We received the Wii kit one month prior E3. It was just too short to implement the style we had in mind in the E3 version at that time.

Also E3 was a major work step for us, as it was the first time we could see people on a grand scale playing the Wii games and especially Red Steel. It was indeed very rich in terms of feedback!

Now, we’re working on developing our unique style specific to Red Steel – one that will not only be a great support to the scenario and the gameplay, but also be the visual identity and signature for this new game. We also keep working a lot on the impact of the graphics and on the way the player plays as well.

To tell you, in few words, more about this style, I would say that it is visually really representative of a cultural shock of a US guy arriving in Japan. I mean, we focused a lot on all the differences that make a Japanese environment unique through occidental eyes.

Also 70s’ “film noirs” are another source of inspiration. It sticks well to our scenario and the gangster and mafia atmosphere you’ll discover while playing Red Steel.

So, this style is one of our big focuses, among many other ones, since we couldn’t make it for E3. We’ve reworked the lighting system, improve textures and added even more breakable elements…"

Source:CLICK!

Well, it seems that it wasnt a lie that Red Steel was gonna get improved graphics after E3, so to you graphics whores that were complaining, look and be satisfied now. There are actually quite a few new screenshots, so be sure to look at ign Wii for the other screenshots. Enjoy the new screenshots guys!

-Homicidal_Gamer
    Last edited by Homicidal_Gamer; 07-28-2006 at 09:37 PM.
    [/URL]
    [/URL]
    \\....//\\....//..O...O................Join the Revolution.
    ..\\//....\\//....||...||....................Together, Wii can change the world.

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Nice, Homicidal_Gamer!! While I am not horribly into graphics, it's nice to them to compliment what will be awesome gameplay.

Here's another (click to enlarge):
    *Improved* Red Steel Screenshots:-red-steel-20060728043252101.jpg

This game's really coming together.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    I'm no graphic whore myself, but I am very satisfied with how the graphics are now! I mean, the thought of having a feel that you're in the game, and you're looking at some good detailed environments, is just gonna make the feel even better!
    [/URL]
    [/URL]
    \\....//\\....//..O...O................Join the Revolution.
    ..\\//....\\//....||...||....................Together, Wii can change the world.

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by Homicidal_Gamer
    I'm no graphic whore myself, but I am very satisfied with how the graphics are now! I mean, the thought of having a feel that you're in the game, and you're looking at some good detailed environments, is just gonna make the feel even better!
    Also, I just noticed the demonstration guy in the pic I submitted is holding the wii-mote at an angle that is being mimicked exactly on screen by your character holding the staff, so hopefully we will get to make true slashes and have the weapon on-screen move exactly as you do.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    Most of those images were just concept art. The screenshots were interesting. Some of them looks pretty good, others not so much. It looks like the people dont fit into the background - the backgoung almost looks real - like real with a animated touch - but the characters almost look like cartoons - it just doesnt seem like it meshes well. The characters stand out in that setup- but the question I want to have answer is - when im using a sword - will the sword movement on screen directly correspond to my hand movements with the controller? If that is the case then this is a great game - other wise, it kinda reminds me of Duke Nukem 3D. . . bleh

Member #
    Friends
    6980-3796-3948-8393
    I love to see great graphics... not like the PS2 graphics... anyway I like that red steel improves in graphics, that means Wii will do it too

Name: Juan
    FC: 4253 0727 5993

No Asking For Rep

Member #
    Friends
    the question I want to have answer is - when im using a sword - will the sword movement on screen directly correspond to my hand movements with the controller? If that is the case then this is a great game - other wise, it kinda reminds me of Duke Nukem 3D. . . bleh
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, do you KNOW how to use a sword? If not what makes you think you'll suddenly magically be able to here? If they implement this then it's either going to be relatively slow gameplay giving the avg gamer a chance to respond to the attack or have a remote chance of hitting your oponent or you're just going to get owned and I'll laugh ^_^

Remember guys, one of the ideas of this game was holding it in the east where a big emphasis is put on martial arts, your character is up against those trained in the use of weapons...you...are not...Bruce Lee etc.

Now giving the OPTION of either motion gestures [expanded of course] or freemovement would be the best idea.
    Owned: Wii, Sports, Play, LoZ:TP

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Taero
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, do you KNOW how to use a sword? If not what makes you think you'll suddenly magically be able to here? If they implement this then it's either going to be relatively slow gameplay giving the avg gamer a chance to respond to the attack or have a remote chance of hitting your oponent or you're just going to get owned and I'll laugh ^_^

Remember guys, one of the ideas of this game was holding it in the east where a big emphasis is put on martial arts, your character is up against those trained in the use of weapons...you...are not...Bruce Lee etc.

Now giving the OPTION of either motion gestures [expanded of course] or freemovement would be the best idea.
    I don't think they will slow mo the Katana Dual since its an action(FPS) game and if they slow it then, whats the point? I think they should more likely put different levels of difficulty and in which the speed of the ennemy gradually ascend, as well as the AI. Anyway, Indeed we will get owned the first times! In every game we start to play, we get owned, and with Redsteel and the Wiimote, its gonna be the same! Also, I don't think we'll start off fighting Big bad samurai who will slice you in 2 seconds!

Member #
    Friends
    I dont see that much of a difference in the graphics except for more lights... can someone put an old pic next to a new one for comparison?

EDIT: and the enemies DO look out of place and cartoonish because the lighting on them is wrong. If yu look at the pic, Light from the Neon sign is hitting the enemy's back, and thats all... but there is also A light directly above him and yet it seems there is no light shinig on to him from there. I hope the improve the lighting or everything will look out of place and 2d.
    Last edited by wiiener; 07-30-2006 at 09:38 AM.
    My Sig used to be really pretty and decorated with different pictues, but then photobucket decided to be a stupid little dirty sanchez. So now it is very plain.

Member #
    Friends
    I suppose you are half right, Wiiener. If you look at the picture technically like that, I suppose it would look sort of the same as the old ones. But I don't think that the improvement was all on the lighting, it was also on the overall atmospheric feel. I am not sure, but that is my opinion.
    I have & love Wii. And elebits and zelda and rayman.

Ads