+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    WiiChat Feature Writer cbrotherson's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolex
    So on the whole,

No-one could predict if Nintendo 3rd party titles would have been so much better as a result of Nintendo [worldwide] cooperation with devs even if they bent over backward, but could you say that there would have been more support and popularity for the GC especially?

So Nintendo are now seemingly "glueing their nose back on to spite their own knife"

I would hope so - the company is certainly making more effort than usual, although some old problems clearly persist. The GC era could have been far greater, but Nintendo pissed off so many with its N64 tactics that the Cube suffered badly, especially as MS came and courted third-parties for that generation like Sony did the generation before. It's all typically circular.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    I was at GDC last year. Nintendo had one of the smallest booths for hiring. They are barely interested in the US's job market. I'm seeing a lot more companies heading to Canada, and elsewhere. It's becoming a theme to avoid the US job market unless they are willing to leave the US to places like China, Australlia, and even India.

Member #
    Friends
    6825-6610-9310-1313
    I presume that this is linked with rising operating / employment costs in that region - I work in Oil and Gas and we see the same thing. The big difference I presume with the multi-media industry is that development can pretty much be anywhere within reason and not needed to be located in one specific place, hence houses can develop where suits them. The US may not be flavour of the month at the minute, for whatever reason.
    ---Smithy...
    "This IS the difference over the other systems....graphics can make you believe you're there to some extent but motion gesture can make you believe you're doing it!"

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    The US job market if, anyone has been keeping track is going down the gutter faster and faster each year. Our dollar value continues to go down. Unless the reward system of hiring cheap labor, and slavery standards stops we'll see a lot worse in the coming years. Bounce back. I'd like to see that.

Member #
    Friends
    0376-6435-4668-9489
    when they release new stuff like games and updates, they should realease it to the whole world.. so the americans could have theres the Euros could have theirs and the Japanese could have theirs, ect. not have the japanese beat it three times over before the beta comes to the states!!!
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club (WFC)=-

~Join the Zelda Fan Club (ZFC)~

Ads