looks pretty good
Here is the latest fact sheet for upcoming Ubisoft title, Driver Parallel Lines. The title is due for release on March, 29th 2007.
“New York in ’78 was the coolest place on the planet. I was new to the Big Apple, just a country boy looking to make it good. In just a few weeks it felt like home. From New Jersey to Queens, from the Bronx down to Battery this was my patch, my backyard. 28 years later and the city sparkled like new but underneath, the filth was still there, and I had vengeance crawling inside me.”
Specific controllers on the Wii Remote to manage character and drive vehicles
Sensation of a motorcycle driving
Experience Open Environments Racing in Two Distinct Time Periods – Multiple paths to complete over 35 missions across photo-realistic 1978 & 2006 New York City
Control and Customize Over 80 Drivable Vehicles - Including cars, motorcycles, and trucks - all integrated with a realistic vehicle damage system
Authentic Hollywood- style Action – Experience adrenaline pumping high speed racing and car chases
Massive Enhancements Over Previous Driver games -Including AI, graphics, physics, and more!
○ Having access to cars/vehicles you can’t have in real life (own, build up, drive)
○ Do things you shouldn’t do in real life (driving clearly beyond speed limits, engaging chases, doing insane stunts, wrecking cars, etc.)
○ Improvement of performances through expertise with driving skills and clever car tuning
○ Victory over AI and over human beings
Immersion / Freedom
○ Playing in a realistic, living, interactive environment
○ Sensation of freedom through non linearity (free roaming)
○ Sense of ownership through large choice of cars + visual and mechanical customization
○ Beating the law and justice representative (the police)
○ Transgressing rules
○ Being and behaving as a gangster – bad guy
○ Blowing things up
○ Owning many cars/vehicles
Unique controller sensation
○ Using the Wii Remote to select your target, master your weapon and shoot
○ Using the Nunchuk to drive, adjust your speed, control the character and its gesture
○ Intuitive driving – cars, motocycles, trucks...
○ Intensive sensation of controlling weapons
Wii Game Specifics improvements
More than 30 unique and exclusive controls using the full motion and sensing features of both, the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk controllers.
Targeting and shooting system adapted to the Wii controllers
Get into action faster by Teleporting: allow the player to move quicker through the city
Tune the police aggressiveness and the traffic jam
Specific Wii special effects –TBD
looks pretty good
Your Pro ,or your a noob - thats life
I own a USA Wii (sold my EUR Wii) 2x Wii motes 2x Nunchucks
Super Mario Galaxy | Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution | Guitar Hero 3(selling PM if interested) | Zelda TP | Wario Ware
i use to love driver 1 and 2 on the playstation but i heard this wasnt tht good on the other consoles, i hope this is better
Mario strikers: 438187 579069
if you add me pm me
I certainly hope this proves to be a better game than the rest in the Driver series. I also hope it looks like those screenshots.
~Well, it's been the ruin of many a poor boy and God, I know I'm one ~
looks sweet im getting it when it come out inless gta come to wii
I played this game on PS2 and it was pretty boring but I think the added wii controls could give it that edge it was missing.
Ive got that on ps2.. lets just say its not the best of games
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”
- George Carlin
I think it will be good on the wii, but as others have posted, its not the best game
Originally Posted by The_Loose_Cannon
Originally Posted by Darkprinny
I think this is another example of developers going "lets add wii controls and not really do much else and hope it will sell" Games need to be designed around the controls, not the controls just shoved in is what I think.
Also 100 posts, w00t.
Last edited by Flagel; 02-17-2007 at 03:59 PM. Reason: 100 posts
Post is there ^^^
How dare you state a different point of view, you complete fanboy! /sarcasm
Is this official?, and i hope there not the controls to drive the car, cause they look the same as COD 3 and they were terribly hard to use.
Last edited by Happy Camper; 02-18-2007 at 01:16 AM.