Here is the latest fact sheet for upcoming Ubisoft title, Driver Parallel Lines. The title is due for release on March, 29th 2007.
“New York in ’78 was the coolest place on the planet. I was new to the Big Apple, just a country boy looking to make it good. In just a few weeks it felt like home. From New Jersey to Queens, from the Bronx down to Battery this was my patch, my backyard. 28 years later and the city sparkled like new but underneath, the filth was still there, and I had vengeance crawling inside me.”
Specific controllers on the Wii Remote to manage character and drive vehicles
Sensation of a motorcycle driving
Experience Open Environments Racing in Two Distinct Time Periods – Multiple paths to complete over 35 missions across photo-realistic 1978 & 2006 New York City
Control and Customize Over 80 Drivable Vehicles - Including cars, motorcycles, and trucks - all integrated with a realistic vehicle damage system
Authentic Hollywood- style Action – Experience adrenaline pumping high speed racing and car chases
Massive Enhancements Over Previous Driver games -Including AI, graphics, physics, and more!
○ Having access to cars/vehicles you can’t have in real life (own, build up, drive)
○ Do things you shouldn’t do in real life (driving clearly beyond speed limits, engaging chases, doing insane stunts, wrecking cars, etc.)
○ Improvement of performances through expertise with driving skills and clever car tuning
○ Victory over AI and over human beings
Immersion / Freedom
○ Playing in a realistic, living, interactive environment
○ Sensation of freedom through non linearity (free roaming)
○ Sense of ownership through large choice of cars + visual and mechanical customization
○ Beating the law and justice representative (the police)
○ Transgressing rules
○ Being and behaving as a gangster – bad guy
○ Blowing things up
○ Owning many cars/vehicles
Unique controller sensation
○ Using the Wii Remote to select your target, master your weapon and shoot
○ Using the Nunchuk to drive, adjust your speed, control the character and its gesture
○ Intuitive driving – cars, motocycles, trucks...
○ Intensive sensation of controlling weapons
Wii Game Specifics improvements
More than 30 unique and exclusive controls using the full motion and sensing features of both, the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk controllers.
Targeting and shooting system adapted to the Wii controllers
Get into action faster by Teleporting: allow the player to move quicker through the city
Tune the police aggressiveness and the traffic jam
Specific Wii special effects –TBD