LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    For me the Wii was an impulse buy! I like the wii I really do but I feel like I got caught up in all the hype and bought one too soon. Honestly most of the games for the wii have been pretty horrible so far or have slapped on wii controls that just don't feel very impressive. Also I didn't and don't expect next gen graphics but there has not been a single game I've played yet that has impressed me graphically. The system is just lacking to many essentials as well such as online multiplayer from the start heck I would have been happy with a simple old school pc tcp/ip user hosted games until they worked out there online structure.

I just think the system is going to continue feeling like an impulse buy until developers create better games that are not last gen ps2 ports, with lazily slapped on wii controls, and have online gaming.
    Mii since 8 February 2007

31 Games Owned:
    Too many to type up anymore.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    from what I understand the wii graphics are mostly always going to be seen as mediocre especially when compared to 360 and Ps3.....so if you looking for graphics the wii is not really the right route for you to go.....as far as slapped on controls for the wii I kinda agree with you but that will change with time as game developers build games for the wii from scratch and there is no reason to get too worked up about wii's online gameplay yet we have to wait till it launches in jun/july to decide......
    Last edited by markmanuel18; 04-14-2007 at 06:56 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    I'll never go to Playstation or Xbox. They don't have a virtual console.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by markmanuel18
    from what I understand the wii graphics are mostly always going to be seen as mediocre especially when compared to 360 and Ps3.....so if you looking for graphics the wii is not really the right route for you to go.....as far as slapped on controls for the wii I kinda agree with you but that will change with time as game developers build games for the wii from scratch and there is no reason to get too worked up about wii's online gameplay yet we have to wait till it launches in jun/july to decide......
    I don't expect graphics on the wii to equal the 360 or ps3 but i do expect a certain level of quality. I've read many times that the gpu in the wii is about as powerful as the the original x-box. If that is true explain why the system is not even pushing the graphic limits of the last generation of games like god of war, farcry, half life 2, doom 3, chronicles of riddick, and so on. I'm sorry there are many fps games in the last gen the blew away the wii's Red steel and Far Cry graphics away. Most of the games on the wii so far are just gamecube ports with slapped on wii remote controls.

I've been gaming long enough to know every system has a rocky start and I see a lot of great gaming potential with the wii but I honestly feel if developers do not start to create games with better controls and graphics the wii is going to suffer.
    Mii since 8 February 2007

31 Games Owned:
    Too many to type up anymore.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire
    I don't expect graphics on the wii to equal the 360 or ps3 but i do expect a certain level of quality. I've read many times that the gpu in the wii is about as powerful as the the original x-box. If that is true explain why the system is not even pushing the graphic limits of the last generation of games like god of war, farcry, half life 2, doom 3, chronicles of riddick, and so on. I'm sorry there are many fps games in the last gen the blew away the wii's Red steel and Far Cry graphics away. Most of the games on the wii so far are just gamecube ports with slapped on wii remote controls.

I've been gaming long enough to know every system has a rocky start and I see a lot of great gaming potential with the wii but I honestly feel if developers do not start to create games with better controls and graphics the wii is going to suffer.

I agree with you hopefully it will get better

Member #
    Friends
    3085-1225-3534-6165
    For me it was an impulsive buy. As I haven´t heard of the machine until about 10 days before launchday (9th of december in Spain). I bought a gameMagazine, which had a DEMO-DVD of the Wii. Seeing what it could do, I thought it would be nice. I knew about the X360 or the PS3.
    ButI thought it would be fun having such a machine which my family could enjoy also. And you could play old games and surf the net. What more do yu want.
    No since the day I bought it (I was the first and only customer that morning standing in row), I haven´nt regret it. Not even thinking buying a PS3, even if some Banks offer them for half price, if you become their client.
    So if you could say I bought it impulsive.... well I am happy I did! It is a GREAT buy...... BE IMPULSIVE and BUY a Wii :-)
    Signed.Johny
    Wii (was the first and only client and the first who bought it on launchday,9/12/2006, waited 10 minutes) 2 Extra Wiiremotes Plus + 2 Nunchakus + CLassic Game Controller + 1GB SD + WiiFit + GH + Band Rock (drum + Guitar) + 2 micros + Dj Hero + 2 Toy Story Zap Guns + Lasergun + Wifi Keyboard + Family Trainer + WiiBike
    Games: Too many to sum here

Member #
    Friends
    2691-4773-7414-4280
    The Wii is kind of an bad buy for now because there is no internet gaming, and since the friend codes issue, the online will stick to stupid 1 on 1 with friends or random ffas and other things. Ps3 and xbox have the online smarts right now and if nintendo decides to rape the system with Friend Codes for their games. The wii will lose its momentum.

Member #
    Friends
    i impulsively bought a wii on the spot after a few friends with me at the time said they were awesome.... and well... i have to agree with them.

Member #
    Friends
    It was for me. I got mine Dec 26th at 11:20am. That's when the UPS guy arrived at the Ebgames in my area. Even though I'm 36, I was given $100 worth of Ebgames gift cards.

Actually I'd have to say it was an impulse for my wife. Xmas night, I was talking about buying a few PC games with my cards and she said "why don't you buy one of those Wii's?" I was stunned that she said that, especially since we had an agreement that after spending a ton for xmas, neither of us would buy anything pricey for at least a month.

Anyways, I showed up at ebgames at 9am sharp (didn't know they'd been open since 7am) and asked if they had any Wii's. I was told no, but they expected a couple on the truck. One guy was already waiting. I looked around for a bit, didn't find a PC game I wanted and decided to wait for the truck. It took longer than they thought to get there. Since I was second in line, and only two were delivered, I got one.

I also got Excite Truck, Far Cry and an extra wiimote/nunchuck.

So that was an impulse buy for me. If they weren't getting any in a few hours, I wouldn't likely have bought it.

However, I've bought 5 games since then and love playing the dang thing. I've played it more than my PC.
    Central Ohio: Wii via component on Mitsu 55" HD-RPTV. 94 ImpalaSS, MCSE/MCT, MS/Network Consultant.

Member #
    Friends

Wii is good for now, but PS3 will be ideal for Christmas 08.

The Wii is good for now, but it will be out-dated by Christmas 2008. The graphics and processing power is just not good enough for todays next gen games. I plan to upgrade to a PS3... By then the price will have dropped and there will be plenty of games in the market for the PS3. Hopefully all the bugs will be gone, and game developers will be able to utilize the full potential of the PS3. Plus, I will like an HD video player, so hopefully the format war will have ended. If not, Sony should make a "Total HD" drive for its PS3.

Ads