LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Verb 1. impulse-buy - buy on impulse without proper reflection

Wanting and planning to get a wii does not necessarily make it a a non impulse buy. In my case it was an impulsive buy because even though I wanted it and planned to get one in the future I did not have the cash for it at the time, and it was an impulsive buy because I took out a line of credit just to get one because if I didn't I would not find one for months.

The very nature of console shortages make them an impluse buy if you want one during the high demand.
    Mii since 8 February 2007

31 Games Owned:
    Too many to type up anymore.

WiiChat Member marioatemyhamster's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Sony Computer Entertainment of America spokesperson Dave Karraker recently commented: "Wii could be considered an impulse buy more than anything else,"

…there's the simple answer.

Haz
    Member #
    Friends
    No it's not an impulse buy. The conscience decision time is too long to be classified as an impulse purchase. An impulse buy is widely accepted as a decision made in the time that it takes for an original transaction to be completed. e.g. if you were out buying a magazine and as you were paying for it you decided to purchase some gum that was displayed on the counter.

As the Wii is classified as a purchase that is made with disposable income rather than every day cash, it is not possible to see it as an impulse purchase.

Write like a four year old and I'll treat you as such – Haz, proudly supporting correct use of English and grammar on the forums.
    Think before posting – Ask a dumb question and prepare to be owned.

FYI - Internet is always a capital I. Look it up!

Member #
    Friends
    6825-6610-9310-1313
    If it is an impulse buy then there sure is a lot of folks out there with some mighty quick on the draw credit cards...."Yall come back now!!"

http://www.playfuls.com/news_07088_Nintendo_Wii_The_Triumph_of_Innovation. html

Found on Google news - ref: playfuls.com
    ---Smithy...
    "This IS the difference over the other systems....graphics can make you believe you're there to some extent but motion gesture can make you believe you're doing it!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Ads